Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2005, 18:52   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
oh okay actually thats what i mean how effiecient are they with the plastic cover ??

REv
well as far as my knowledge goes the effect of these lights will not be as good as the yellow ones if the assembly is plastic..like u suggested plastic allows more of the yellow wavelengths to pass thru with pretty good spreading and not that much of blue..well it follows the VIBGYOR law in the reverse order for dispersion thru plastic..so brightest will be yellow,blue(taking into consideration that the other colours are not used)..white light however depends on the quality of plastic i suppose..
Old 14th September 2005, 21:11   #17
BHPian

A friend mentioned that he had seen an old shape zen with clear headlights on the western express highway at santacruz. Does anyone know if these are available?? I have checked at the maruti workshop they dont know anyting abuout these....
Old 15th September 2005, 00:22   #18
BANNED

well guys coming back to the main problem..the super whites dont seem to be a problem as some cars like the skoda octavia rs are coming with xenons as OE fittment..so they ought to be legal..but what about the diamond visions from philips,are these having a blue tinge illegal for street use..well i dont think there is a law stating u got to use yellow lights only,is there?? as long as the wattage isnt changed..so will using these blue headlamps get me into trouble with the cops in any way and is there any way i can prove my point that its legal(that is if it is)..need ur advise soon as i might pick them up by tomorrow evening..so ought to make up mind which one to go for,the crystals or the diamonds..
Old 18th September 2005, 01:32   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
ok guys as u know i just bought the philips vision plus headlamps as i could not source either the crystal vision or the diamond visions..but due to help from rtech i have finally sourced the crystal visons and the diamond visions too..have decided to go for the diamond vison ones as the blue tinge gives a xenon like effect..
dude how much did they cost u......?
Old 18th September 2005, 08:46   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
dude how much did they cost u......?
vision plus - Rs 850..(yellow)..
crystal vision - Rs 1000+VAT..(super white)..
diamond vision - Rs 1050+VAT..(xenon blue)..
Old 18th September 2005, 10:25   #21
BHPian

since this threads about lights...i wanted to know what halogens should i put in my honda city...its an old type 1..and i guess it has the plastic and not the clear lens....
i travel a lot on the highway to goa so i would prefer lights that really brighten up the whole road ahead...
waiting for some suggestions...
thanks
allan
Old 18th September 2005, 10:30   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power
since this threads about lights...i wanted to know what halogens should i put in my honda city...its an old type 1..and i guess it has the plastic and not the clear lens....
i travel a lot on the highway to goa so i would prefer lights that really brighten up the whole road ahead...
waiting for some suggestions...
thanks
allan
then 100/90W lights with a relay are the best bet..the effect of halogens may vary with clear lens and ones made of plastic..so try out the various options if u can and then decide..
Old 18th September 2005, 11:08   #23
BHPian

Slightly OT, but may be related.. Is it possible to change the plastic lens in zen with clear lens? If yes, then how and what'd be the approx cost (only for the front lights.. don't require it for rear)?
Old 18th September 2005, 11:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

I bought the crystal vision for Rs.750. Why are they charging you Rs.1000 + VAT??? Didn't you say the dealer told you 750 as well??
Old 18th September 2005, 14:26   #25
BANNED

ya rtech i asked him about that but he said there was a hike in the price sometime back..well there seems to be a communication gap btwn mr.basha and the bangalore dealer and he has got the stock of only crystal visions and that i would have to wait till tuesday or wednesday for the diamond visions to arrive..can u pls confirm the prices and post them here..will be very helpful..
Old 18th September 2005, 19:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I bought the crystal vision for Rs.750. Why are they charging you Rs.1000 + VAT??? Didn't you say the dealer told you 750 as well??
is it for a pair? i read it was 1200 a pair for teh crystal vision

Old 18th September 2005, 19:39   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
is it for a pair? i read it was 1200 a pair for teh crystal vision

ya jk it is for a pair..and the crystal visions are inclusive of 2 pilot lights..
Old 26th September 2005, 02:05   #28
BHPian

hey do d diamond visions actually resemble the xenon effect or is it somewhat like the chinese blueish white bulbs available in the market??? what i mean to say is that is it worth the price difference or not??? do they have that purple tinge or is it just like blue??
Old 26th October 2005, 22:56   #29
BANNED

guys i am luking for the phillips diamond vision bulbs,here i am getting it for rs950 but thats a grey market product.so i am sure that i ain`t going for that.now can ne one please tell me where can i get genuine phillips diamond vision bulbs here in new delhi??? and for how long will it be under warranty???

guys plzzz help

Last edited by twister : 26th October 2005 at 22:57.
Old 26th October 2005, 23:05   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
guys i am luking for the phillips diamond vision bulbs,here i am getting it for rs950 but thats a grey market product.so i am sure that i ain`t going for that.now can ne one please tell me where can i get genuine phillips diamond vision bulbs here in new delhi??? and for how long will it be under warranty???

guys plzzz help
well u can look for the philips add that is put up in the automags like ACI and OD..u can get the numbers and addresses from there only regarding ur nearest dealers..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks