Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2005, 10:34   #31
BHPian

Mclaren, you wrote.....

vision plus - Rs 850..(yellow)..
crystal vision - Rs 1000+VAT..(super white)..
diamond vision - Rs 1050+VAT..(xenon blue)..

But, this site http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ says that the Philips Vision Plus H4 (for the Zen) puts out "deep white light".

The above site doesn't have any information on the Crystal vision or Diamond vision bulbs.

They quote an Auto Express bulb test for this year (2005) as naming the Vision Plus as the best bulb for this year. Again, no mention of Crystal Vision or Diamond Vision......

Are they only available in India and if so is the difference in packaging?
Old 5th November 2005, 10:59   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensible
Mclaren, you wrote.....

vision plus - Rs 850..(yellow)..
crystal vision - Rs 1000+VAT..(super white)..
diamond vision - Rs 1050+VAT..(xenon blue)..

But, this site http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ says that the Philips Vision Plus H4 (for the Zen) puts out "deep white light".

The above site doesn't have any information on the Crystal vision or Diamond vision bulbs.

They quote an Auto Express bulb test for this year (2005) as naming the Vision Plus as the best bulb for this year. Again, no mention of Crystal Vision or Diamond Vision......

Are they only available in India and if so is the difference in packaging?
hey ZS..well i have purchased the vision plus and if my eyes arent colour blind im sure they are yellow..actually bought them thinking they are white but after fitting them realised they were yellow so the same bulbs have been given to my neighbour whose using them in his accent as of now..the crystals are the ones that have white light and as of now in bangalore only the diamond visions are avaialble,crystal visions are out of stock..
as far as the website goes read carefully it doesnt mention that the vision plus is white anywhere but says 50% more light thats it..

also the diamond visions are called as blue visions in some parts of the globe so search for blue vision..u can find them in the powerbulbs site itself..

as far as the test results go, i think they might be for OE ligths as such only the vision plus (yellow in colour) have been voted for..maybe the others(diamond or blue) are legal but not OE..they maybe aftermarket..

well for that last part i think they are available globally and not only for india..and also the packaging of the vision plus in no way seems to differ to the one i had bought and the one that is put up on the site..
Old 7th November 2005, 14:12   #33
BHPian

I to want Halogen

Hi,
I want light up my ZEN with Halogen, Finally, which is the best one with white colour & who is the dealer in Bangalore???

If you fix with coloured[blue/yellow] keep handy of Rs. 300-500 for traffic cops in b'lore.
Old 7th November 2005, 14:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
if my eyes arent colour blind im sure they are yellow
If I am not wrong, this yellow is referred to as white in bulb talk......the normal household bulb is also white. On the other hand, what we call white is actually blue light.
Old 7th November 2005, 14:44   #35
Team-BHP Support

No thats not blue light. the blue coating converts the yellow light of halogen to 4000-4500K(Kelvin color temparature), which our eye sees as white. Normal halogens give out light at around 3500K approx.
Old 7th November 2005, 14:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Standard whites are often defined with reference to the International Commission on Illumination's (CIE's) chromaticity diagram. These are the D series of standard illuminants. Illuminant D65, originally corresponding to a color temperature of 6,500 K, is taken to represent standard daylight.
Reference - Wikipedia Linky
Old 7th November 2005, 14:54   #37
Team-BHP Support

Well in that case 4500K is actually slightly towards red(yellow). For blue light you will have to cross 10000K. None of the halogens in market have that high color temp listed
Old 8th November 2005, 08:34   #38
BHPian

Hi,
I not getting info on which is the best suitable halogen for ZEN????

What is the price????

Where in Bangalore????

Old 8th November 2005, 10:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao
Hi,
I not getting info on which is the best suitable halogen for ZEN????

What is the price????

Where in Bangalore????

firstly do you want a normal (yellow coloured) light or those fancy (white or blue coloured lights) ?? if the colour is not a problem get 100/90 bulbs with a relay and they will be great.in terms of brightness , spreading distance etc and will be ideal for city/highway driving.they shouldn cost you more than 750-800 bucks.just look around you should get something good.

Rev
Old 8th November 2005, 12:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
firstly do you want a normal (yellow coloured) light or those fancy (white or blue coloured lights) ?? if the colour is not a problem get 100/90 bulbs with a relay and they will be great.in terms of brightness , spreading distance etc and will be ideal for city/highway driving.they shouldn cost you more than 750-800 bucks.just look around you should get something good.

Rev
so revtech, which bulbs did you go for atlast?
Old 11th November 2005, 19:00   #41
BHPian

I found a site with clear information on Philips Vision Plus, Crystal Vision and Hi-Visibility.

Mclaren, you are right about the Vision Plus being yellow and not white.

Won't you guys agree though that if what you want is brightness, Vision plus is the way to go?(based on the chart)

It says the Crystal visions makes the driver less tired during night driving. Is that true? (BHPians who drive with crystal visions)

http://www.suvlights.com/halogen-phi...l%20vision.htm
Old 12th November 2005, 18:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
so revtech, which bulbs did you go for atlast?

i stuck to my 100/90 only.didnt get the diamond vision.i felt with the plastic cover they wouldn look good.

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks