Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 22:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Congrats !
The paint job looks neat.
Did you change the boot lid, skirting etc ? How many coats of painting did they do ?
Could you PM me how much the bill came up to ?
Thank you Ravi. Why PM ?
22K Standox Paint. (Full exteriors, Door gaps (where the door meets the body), inside the boot where the spare wheel is kept)

Caliper and drum painting (red) & alloy buffing = free.

electricals removal checking and refitment = 1 K.

6 K for extreme denting and tinkering. Car was battered from all sides.

Front fender = 2650 INR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Do not paint the existing alloys in black, it may not look good. Better go for a new design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye View Post
i agree with latheesh don't paint the existing alloys black they really look bad, my friend got it done , hated it and he later bought himself some new wheels
Gotcha, I'll stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Hey Prince, cool paintjob, looks like a cute brand new scale model out-of-the-box car , neat and tidy job.

BTW, please you guys count me in on the mitsubishi logo info too, i have been searching for one to fit on the diamond mesh grill for my lancer. Cheers
Getting logos will be difficult, but even if we get it whats the guarantee that it won't be ripped off again. I am thinking of getting it manufactured from somewhere.
But, if I get them I'll get them for everyone buddy.

Some more pics, this time from my mobile cam. The others were from the other Digital camera so the sizes were over 2 MB.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Lancer Paints/Coats Thread. Suggestions solicited.-image2607.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer Paints/Coats Thread. Suggestions solicited.-image2608.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer Paints/Coats Thread. Suggestions solicited.-image2609.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 01:41   #32
BHPian

Feels like licking the car..mmmm..Mango Ice cream..
Old 31st March 2010, 01:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well I think the Yellow on the Lancer is hot.

However is you want red then take a look at the 'French Claret' it is offered on the Cedia and in my opinion it is the best shade of Red that exists.
Old 31st March 2010, 02:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

You did well by choosing Yellow. I have a red lancer and it looks awesome. Mitsubishi doesnt offer the colour anymore (liquid Red). But now all new hatches and sedans have the red and the car doesnt standout anymore. Yellow is still unique. Congratulations.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugatti_86 View Post
Feels like licking the car..mmmm..Mango Ice cream..
I don't know wht to say. You are welcome to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Well I think the Yellow on the Lancer is hot.

However is you want red then take a look at the 'French Claret' it is offered on the Cedia and in my opinion it is the best shade of Red that exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
You did well by choosing Yellow. I have a red lancer and it looks awesome. Mitsubishi doesnt offer the colour anymore (liquid Red). But now all new hatches and sedans have the red and the car doesnt standout anymore. Yellow is still unique. Congratulations.
Thanks a lot guys. I was talked out of the red by experts who have responded to my initial queries.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

yes... reminds me of Alfonso mango, mango bite toffee etc...bite bite..
Old 31st March 2010, 21:20   #37
BHPian

Ice cream, toffee whatever! This is one of the few cars on which yellow looks good.
I remember drooling over a yellow lancer with a black roof in some french movie.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Prince, i had a question maybe you can answer. Is there any GC difference between a SFXI and a GLXI? My car scrapes underbelly most of the times, i am actually worried about spoiling the skirts if i put them, i had plans getting the evo 4 bumpers and skirts like what sideways has, but i somehow feel its going to screw up things.

Pramod
Old 31st March 2010, 22:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

yes, SFXI has a lower ground clearance due to 14-inch wheels and airdams. 175mm compared to 182mm.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, SFXI has a lower ground clearance due to 14-inch wheels and airdams. 175mm compared to 182mm.
will putting 15" wheels solve the problem? Mine is a GLXI with 13" now, but even in 15" the wheel dia remains the same, so will this increase the GC or not? I was thinking of 205 60 R 15 as this would mean both good handling and comfort, is this a good upsize? the recommended upsize is 205 50 R 15, but this size is rare, now lineas and NHC comes with 205 60 R 15 so getting them will be easier and cheaper, but question will this improve things?

Pramod
Old 31st March 2010, 22:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Prince, i had a question maybe you can answer. Is there any GC difference between a SFXI and a GLXI? My car scrapes underbelly most of the times, i am actually worried about spoiling the skirts if i put them, i had plans getting the evo 4 bumpers and skirts like what sideways has, but i somehow feel its going to screw up things.

Pramod
Quote:
SFXi is more low slung and more so with the skirtings. Having said that I have not scraped the bottom anywhere in Bangalore yet even though it was fully loaded. This was on NICE till Jayanagar. On Tumkur till NICE I scraped 3 brakers but not that impactfully. Just a simple touch and go. No markings even.

So I propose 15" rims or basically fill out the wheel well and go for skirtings if your car is scraping w/o the skirts. Filling out the wheel well with maximum it can take will look good also.

Maybe Nikhilb would help with this. I'll PM him to this thread.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
SFXi is more low slung and more so with the skirtings. Having said that I have not scraped the bottom anywhere in Bangalore yet even though it was fully loaded. This was on NICE till Jayanagar. On Tumkur till NICE I scraped 3 brakers but not that impactfully. Just a simple touch and go. No markings even.

So I propose 15" rims or basically fill out the wheel well and go for skirtings if your car is scraping w/o the skirts. Filling out the wheel well with maximum it can take will look good also.

Maybe Nikhilb would help with this. I'll PM him to this thread.

Thanks for the reply prince, I already have brought the alloys, now i was thinking of the tyres. The most popular upsize for a lancer in 15" is 195 55 R 15 or 205 50 R 15, while 195 looks bit skiny and 50 profile in 205 is bit spine breaking, the roads i drive will surly turn my car into a rattle snake.

I was wondering if 205 60 R 15 can be put without any Mods or issues. I have a tinkerer who is so good that he can help me with the Evo 4 bumpers and skirts all i need is the confidance that i will not break them.

But seriously i love the sleeper looks.

Pramod
Old 1st April 2010, 13:46   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all, 205/60 R15 is not standard on ANY car. Pramod, I think you're confused with 195/60 R15.

Secondly, you cant just put a bigger tyre blindly. You might increase GC but at what cost? The tyres scraping the wheel arch every time you take a turn? Something worse?

Use the tyre size calculator in this page Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4

See which among the following sizes gives you the best GC. But dont go beyond these sizes.

185/65 R14
195/60 R14
175/80 R13
195/55 R15
205/50 R15
Old 1st April 2010, 14:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

185/65 R14
195/60 R14
175/80 R13
195/55 R15
205/50 R15

Thanks for the link and reply. i think it would either be 195/55 R15 or 205/50 R15, most probably the later since i already have a almost new dunlop sports tyre in similar specs.

Pramod
Old 1st April 2010, 21:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Thanks for the link and reply. i think it would either be 195/55 R15 or 205/50 R15, most probably the later since i already have a almost new dunlop sports tyre in similar specs.

Pramod
Pramod, found this file on T-BHP somewhere, might be helpful too. Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xls Recommended Tyre Upsize Chart.xls (75.0 KB, 323 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks