Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 17:34   #1
BANNED

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??

Hey,

I recently owned a VRS silver which i had mentioned in few of the threads before.I currently would like to do in some more mod jobs.Planning to get in a tuning box from Petes and Milotec exterior.

However i feel that the silver colour is quite common among skodas.Would like to get some other darker colour.But most of workshop men say that silver is the only colour with less maintenance and if one next would be white and if i would go for any darker color,it would be trouble as even smaller scratches(those even touched by leafs) good be visible in darker color.

Guys i need an opinion on this and all this which is the best color for Skoda VRS considering both the looks and less maintenance.

Hafi

Attaching Images Of My Ride
Attached Thumbnails
Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-p1010041.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-p1010047.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 17:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

color is of course a personal choice. but if you are going for a custom job you can actually specify a certain number of coats and possibly a thick clear coat which should take care of the minor scratches etc
Old 4th March 2010, 17:41   #3
BHPian

Getting a paint job different from the original has a very negative impact on the car resale value. A 'very' negative impact.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:42   #4
BHPian

I have been in such a dilema myself. I have loved the Yellow color on RS and when I was buying the RS, Yellow was not available, so decided on Silver. I have thought of changing the color to Yellow a number of times, but have held back my decision based on advice from various corners.

If you are looking at making your RS different from the rest of the RS / Octavia's around, you could think about getting the roof painted black. I personally think it would make it stand out.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Old 4th March 2010, 19:13   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
color is of course a personal choice. but if you are going for a custom job you can actually specify a certain number of coats and possibly a thick clear coat which should take care of the minor scratches etc
But will it stay for a black colored or dark Grey colored car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Getting a paint job different from the original has a very negative impact on the car resale value. A 'very' negative impact.
yeaa i know.It could affect the resale value terribly unless i have heard we could change the color in the rc book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I have been in such a dilema myself. I have loved the Yellow color on RS and when I was buying the RS, Yellow was not available, so decided on Silver. I have thought of changing the color to Yellow a number of times, but have held back my decision based on advice from various corners.

If you are looking at making your RS different from the rest of the RS / Octavia's around, you could think about getting the roof painted black. I personally think it would make it stand out.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Yes your are right.Even i am getting advices from many on not to change the color and silver is too good and has very less maintenance.Even my painter said that.But i find other colors attractive on RS other than silver.

Yes roof painted black looks good.

I would like to know which color on Skoda RS looks good?

Last edited by HAFI : 4th March 2010 at 19:16.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
My 2 cents here.
The quality of original paint is taken away. More over the person who will buy your car will never care about your passion towards the car as soon as he realizes he has a wider window to bargain. He will insist on a very price for the only fact that the RC mentions a different colour.

@HAFI

You forgot to update your signature with your new acquisition

Last edited by shreyasma : 4th March 2010 at 19:18.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

it depends on what kind of person you are. if you are wanting to show off a bit, you can do yellow. my choice will be keep the color as is. will be sleeper tending people to think about it as a TDI and then blast off!! also changing color is costly.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:17   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
My 2 cents here.
The quality of original paint is taken away. More over the person who will buy your car will never care about your passion towards the car as soon as he realizes he has a wider window to bargain. He will insist on a very price for the only fact that the RC mentions a different colour.
But i heard that in RC Book we can change the color.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
But i heard that in RC Book we can change the color.
Hmm..
How will you prove that you changed the colour only because you liked something apart from what the car already had?

Think as a buyer. If you have gone to buy a car and then find out its completely repainted. How much will you beleive that the car wasnt painted after an accident?

Of course, There are ways to find this out. That said, all i want to say is you can make a silver colour car look equally good as others

Below is a good looking silver car IMHO

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-img_1095e.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_1093.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_0996.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_0973.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...a-octavia.html

Last edited by shreyasma : 4th March 2010 at 19:40.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:30   #10
BHPian

I don't know how successfully this might convince the next buyer, but you can take a few pictures of your Skoda in the original color from all angles to prove that there wasn't any damage due to which you had to change your color.

I do have another solution but that might turn expensive. Suppose you paint your car yellow. You don't change the color in your RC book. Then just before you sell your car, change it back to Silver and sell it

P.S : All these suggestions are purely my imagination. I don't know if there will be any legal hindrances in the same.

OT : That's one hot looking and nicely maintained hatch you have. Can you share the price for what you got if possible? Gotta convince my dad for a 2nd hand RS when I do my engg.

Last edited by prateekm : 4th March 2010 at 19:49.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:51   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hmm..
How will you prove that you changed the colour only because you liked something apart from what the car already had?

Think as a buyer. If you have gone to buy a car and then find out its completely repainted. How much will you beleive that the car wasnt painted after an accident?

Of course, There are ways to find this out. That said, all i want to say is you can make a silver colour car look equally good as others

Below is a good looking silver car IMHO

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-img_1095e.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_1093.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_0996.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_0973.jpg
Yup.It looks good.I think its not an RS though.But silver looks good.But when comparison comes with other colors as yellow or black,silver a turn off.

Here is a black Skoda of a friend of mine taken at Petes.
Attached Thumbnails
Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0246.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0247.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0249.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0251.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0256.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0261.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0258.jpg  

Planning To Change The Color Of Skoda RS Or Should I??-img_0263.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 19:57   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I don't know how successfully this might convince the next buyer, but you can take a few pictures of your Skoda in the original color from all angles to prove that there wasn't any damage due to which you had to change your color.

I do have another solution but that might turn expensive. Suppose you paint your car yellow. You don't change the color in your RC book. Then just before you sell your car, change it back to Silver and sell it

P.S : All these suggestions are purely my imagination. I don't know if there will be any legal hindrances in the same.

OT : That's one hot looking and nicely maintained hatch you have. Can you share the price for what you got if possible? Gotta convince my dad for a 2nd hand RS when I do my engg.
Hey changing the color again and again is pretty expensive from my side as here for a nice paint job,it cost around 60k.

Thank you,yes i do take care of my babe really well.

Yes and about the price.I bought it for 6.6 l.But i bet the cost of second hand RS have really come down especially after the introduction of newer cars and its been a year since i bought my ride.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:22   #13

I own a silver octy RS as well, wanted yellow or black but apparently according to the dealer no yellow's or blacks were available in the country at the time.
To me, any European car has to be in Silver and Black, but opinions are opinions.
I once had a new Silver Baleno repainted to a Metallic Blue, because I didnt like the Silver on the Baleno.
There used to be an auto paint shop on Cosmos Road, owned by Paul (dont know if he still runs the place). His finishing work was extremely good, do give that place a try.
BTW, is that rust at the bottom of your front spoiler?
Old 5th March 2010, 10:53   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Silver is the easiest colour to maintain, I can tell you this from experience (owned two silver cars in the past). Plus, changing the colour will require a complete strip down of the car. Factory paint + build have unmatched quality.

Silver RS' with nice wheels, tints & smoked lights look super hot. My recommendation : No change in colour.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:07   #15
BHPian

When someone has the itch to have things look different , i always tell them to go from the ground up. First spend on low cost quality thrills and slowly work your way to the expensive choices.

Maybe a respray of the wheels to a different shade and that compliment the Silver Body to start with ? This would probably change yours and others' perpective who look at the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks