Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 12:13   #16
BHPian

loved the headlights of yellow ritz , simplly great .
Old 15th March 2010, 14:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Were all these Bodykits made by Autopsyche as well?? or do you have a workshop of your own?? your lancer was done by Arush if I remember correctly.

Somebody told me these Cars were painted by Maruti themselves.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
The quality of workmanship seems to be excellent and the interiors or the car is really good, but quite frankly I am not impressed with the body mods though, still a lot of scope for improvement, it is a little too amateurish. Kindly take this as a constructive criticism, no offense buddy. But overall , a good effort.
@Rotohead - thanks a lot for the pointer. I will keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Man, The SX4 and the swift look a class job. But the ritz has been spoiled completely. The golden colour suckz. Maruthi should try better mods in future.
@anupam - The golden colour is actually sunny green, and yes its quite bad..but in the end customer is king (referring to maruti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Great Effort. Excellent finish. I guess most points are already covered.

The best one of the lot is the light blue / white Ritz. The interiors look awesome in this one esp. And even the bumpers are not overdone in this one.

I think the other part done very well in all the cars is the choice of alloys and the lights. They look very classy.

Even the seat cover designs are good.

I would totally avoid tangy and too bright colours in the interiors. Yellow/orange look good for a day or two but thereafter they become an eyesore. Stick to the basics for the interiors. Grey, black, white, good beige and the likes.

Many have already said - the maruti cars are already FAT. Avoid adding more meat around the bumper areas.

If you can do a good job at it, instead of the flashy bumpers - try doing sunroofs, in-dash video kits etc. More 'user friendly' and useful stuff.
@jig - the fact that the cars were only show cars, it seemed alright to use flashy colours and the same stands for the interior colour combination as well also they are show cars so using bolt on stuff like in dash tv etc doesn't really show what the company can do, as they are just after-market fitments...I do agree the ritz needs a diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Were all these Bodykits made by Autopsyche as well?? or do you have a workshop of your own?? your lancer was done by Arush if I remember correctly.

Somebody told me these Cars were painted by Maruti themselves.
@m4 - We do have our own workshop now, the Bodykits were made by us..the cars were painted at maruti but not by maruti.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice, Where is your workshop located?? I would love to drop by and get some work done. Fit and Finish is very good.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Do let us know when you would have your website up and running?
Old 16th March 2010, 22:37   #21
BHPian

Hey i wont comment on whether the mods are good or bad, except that it takes a lot of patience working with fibreglass, and seein the perfect fit and finish to all the products gives me an understanding of the pains taken to do up those jobs, something i will not deride. I feel all should respect the effort taken.

I'm sure you are proud of getting a Major Manufacturer like Maruti to have the confidence in exhibiting some of your designs and must say pretty impressive.
All the best.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:12   #22
CPH
BHPian

Being a performance tuner as well as an automotive consultant my comments are often harsh, but I have to tell the truth and it shouldn't be taken personal.

First I would advise you to bin the photos. They are extremely unprofessional and will kill sales. The distort the looks. This you most likely can't see yourself as you see every day the real product.

Sorry, but I am not too familiar with the models in India. Over here they badge a lot of stuff different. I am still learning.

The Ritz one is looking a bit bland. It could do with looking lower and meaner.

Try to take the boredom out of the front bumper. And bring some Indian statement in. Meghnaa Kothari said once not to ape Hollywood. I hope you get the drift.

The silver Ritz Suzuki and the Swifts could do on the rear wih a bumper that won't reach as low, giving the expression that the car looks more massive. Might be a good idea to include a rear difuser, which would definitively help the black one.

On the black one the cut outs need changing. At the moment it looks like it is cut out of a carton a bit like you weren't sure what you are doing.

I know it sounds quite damning, but this isn't my intention. I am ever so aware of how much effort goes into such design and you have done something a lot of people wouldn't have. I just hope that it helps you and the improvements you come up will seel the product even better.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
@jig - the fact that the cars were only show cars, it seemed alright to use flashy colours and the same stands for the interior colour combination as well also they are show cars so using bolt on stuff like in dash tv etc doesn't really show what the company can do,

cars were painted at maruti but not by maruti.
Interested to know your association with MUL. Were these commissioned by MUL and if so what was the brief?
Old 18th March 2010, 22:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Nice, Where is your workshop located?? I would love to drop by and get some work done. Fit and Finish is very good.
We are in bawana industrial area

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Do let us know when you would have your website up and running?
Sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLopez View Post
Hey i wont comment on whether the mods are good or bad, except that it takes a lot of patience working with fibreglass, and seein the perfect fit and finish to all the products gives me an understanding of the pains taken to do up those jobs, something i will not deride. I feel all should respect the effort taken.

I appreciate the understanding...thankyou very much

I'm sure you are proud of getting a Major Manufacturer like Maruti to have the confidence in exhibiting some of your designs and must say pretty impressive.
All the best.
Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Being a performance tuner as well as an automotive consultant my comments are often harsh, but I have to tell the truth and it shouldn't be taken personal.

First I would advise you to bin the photos. They are extremely unprofessional and will kill sales. The distort the looks. This you most likely can't see yourself as you see every day the real product.

Sorry, but I am not too familiar with the models in India. Over here they badge a lot of stuff different. I am still learning.

The Ritz one is looking a bit bland. It could do with looking lower and meaner.

Try to take the boredom out of the front bumper. And bring some Indian statement in. Meghnaa Kothari said once not to ape Hollywood. I hope you get the drift.

The silver Ritz Suzuki and the Swifts could do on the rear wih a bumper that won't reach as low, giving the expression that the car looks more massive. Might be a good idea to include a rear difuser, which would definitively help the black one.

On the black one the cut outs need changing. At the moment it looks like it is cut out of a carton a bit like you weren't sure what you are doing.

I know it sounds quite damning, but this isn't my intention. I am ever so aware of how much effort goes into such design and you have done something a lot of people wouldn't have. I just hope that it helps you and the improvements you come up will seel the product even better.
I am happy to receive your comments, like you said we are all learning, i will keep your concerns in mind, and yes the pics have been taken by an amateur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Interested to know your association with MUL. Were these commissioned by MUL and if so what was the brief?
These were commissioned by MSIL, I was associated with them for the auto expo preparation, I did a lot of the microsoft surface work they had displayed during the expo, the brief was simple...to be a crowd puller, keeping in mind the image of each model.

TORQUE
Old 19th March 2010, 05:04   #25
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
I am happy to receive your comments, like you said we are all learning, i will keep your concerns in mind, and yes the pics have been taken by an amateur.
TORQUE
If I can be of any help feel free to contact me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks