Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 22:08   #1
BHPian

Torque at the Auto Expo 2010

Hey guys

Uploading some of our work at the auto expo this year, looking for some pointers on how we can improve our work

Looking for some positive criticism

Thanks a lot in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2806.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_28131.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2817.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2829.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_28311.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2839.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2848.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2864.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_28911.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2917.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2872.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_28611.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2900.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_29241.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2925.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2927.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2926.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_29321.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2937.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2921.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2949.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2952.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2957.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2956.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2959.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2961.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2974.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_29781.jpg  

Torque at the Auto Expo  2010-img_2975.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th March 2010, 15:50   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quality and Fit & finish looks great.

Were all these done for Maruti's stall? or you had your own stall?

Also are those kits made up of Fibreglass?

The Gold Ritz and Swift were my favorite.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:17   #3
BHPian

The white ritz's bumper looks good but not the other cars. The design of the back bumpers in almost all the cars except the ritz does not look good to me.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Have you gone through this thread?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...-mod-jobs.html
Old 13th March 2010, 17:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

well, i really like some of the designs & the finish of your job. here are some points i would like to mention-

* i liked the yellow ritz's colour, alloys & headlights but the bumpers looks too big & not at all proportionate, especially at the rear. however, i like the way you have placed the exhaust. very neat.
* the seat cover design is simple, neat & well done. same goes for the dash.
* the paint job of the grey swift is remarkable. the alloys compliment it very well. the side skirts seem very well integrated too. the headlights & taillights are fantastic. again i liked the way the exhaust is placed. but again it would have looked neater if it was smaller.
* same goes for the swift's front bumper & the grille looks awkward to me. but the way the swift has been made a 4 seater & the way the screen has been put up in the rear is very very cool.
* i found the SX4 to be bad & it looks like every other after market jobs with kit on jobs. the interiors are good though.
* the light blue ritz is the simplest but i wish the skirts were integrated better, then it would have been the best of the lot.

so of the lot, i really liked the swift a lot except that i would make major changes to the car's front end.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Quality and Fit & finish looks great.

Were all these done for Maruti's stall? or you had your own stall?

Also are those kits made up of Fibreglass?

The Gold Ritz and Swift were my favorite.
@ SRK - the cars are indeed on at the Maruti stall, and yes they are made of fiberglass..thanks a lot, im glad you like our work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
well, i really like some of the designs & the finish of your job. here are some points i would like to mention-

* i liked the yellow ritz's colour, alloys & headlights but the bumpers looks too big & not at all proportionate, especially at the rear. however, i like the way you have placed the exhaust. very neat.
* the seat cover design is simple, neat & well done. same goes for the dash.
* the paint job of the grey swift is remarkable. the alloys compliment it very well. the side skirts seem very well integrated too. the headlights & taillights are fantastic. again i liked the way the exhaust is placed. but again it would have looked neater if it was smaller.
* same goes for the swift's front bumper & the grille looks awkward to me. but the way the swift has been made a 4 seater & the way the screen has been put up in the rear is very very cool.
* i found the SX4 to be bad & it looks like every other after market jobs with kit on jobs. the interiors are good though.
* the light blue ritz is the simplest but i wish the skirts were integrated better, then it would have been the best of the lot.

so of the lot, i really liked the swift a lot except that i would make major changes to the car's front end.
@RAJ - very detailed and observant replies, they are alot of help, thanks a ton.
Old 13th March 2010, 21:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Torqued.

Execution wise, definitely immaculate. And I am always a fan for well done interiors, so I keep a keen eye out for this.

Now coming to the feedback, points as below

1. The only one from visual appeal point of view I liked was the almost mild aquamarine kinda colour Ritz. Simple, elegant and well done
2. The rest of the cars were just too BULKY
3. Please avoid this kind of bulky work in the future, not too many people would prefer it.
4. Good modifying doesnt necessarily mean having Katrina Kaif wear the whole American Football league works :-)
5. The long swooping for the Swift makes it look pregnant. The Swift is a car that at stock levels, already has the slight overweight look, so closing its nose, makes it wann blow up
6. Anyway, these are only my opinions, but trust me, I have admired and loved cars long enough to have a fair sense of taste

But, I must say, they are really well done in terms of fit and finish, so definitely gonna be great for you. Just keep the designs clean and simple
Old 13th March 2010, 22:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Hi Torqued.

Execution wise, definitely immaculate. And I am always a fan for well done interiors, so I keep a keen eye out for this.

Now coming to the feedback, points as below

1. The only one from visual appeal point of view I liked was the almost mild aquamarine kinda colour Ritz. Simple, elegant and well done
2. The rest of the cars were just too BULKY
3. Please avoid this kind of bulky work in the future, not too many people would prefer it.
4. Good modifying doesnt necessarily mean having Katrina Kaif wear the whole American Football league works :-)
5. The long swooping for the Swift makes it look pregnant. The Swift is a car that at stock levels, already has the slight overweight look, so closing its nose, makes it wann blow up
6. Anyway, these are only my opinions, but trust me, I have admired and loved cars long enough to have a fair sense of taste

But, I must say, they are really well done in terms of fit and finish, so definitely gonna be great for you. Just keep the designs clean and simple
Hey Dreamcatcher, I appreciate the wisdom, i will keep these points in mind for future designs for sure..thanks a lot
Old 14th March 2010, 10:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

I like the light blue ritz nice color combo
Old 14th March 2010, 10:46   #10
BHPian

Great pics, looks like you guys did a great job, but I think you really over did it with the body kits on most of these cars, they look very bulky as dreamcatcher said. Especially with the rear bumpers. Great job on the interiors though, like the xbox 360 concept. But I think the major area you would need to work on is the body kits, they dont have to be so big and flashy at all.
Old 14th March 2010, 11:29   #11
BHPian

Great Effort. Excellent finish. I guess most points are already covered.

The best one of the lot is the light blue / white Ritz. The interiors look awesome in this one esp. And even the bumpers are not overdone in this one.

I think the other part done very well in all the cars is the choice of alloys and the lights. They look very classy.

Even the seat cover designs are good.

I would totally avoid tangy and too bright colours in the interiors. Yellow/orange look good for a day or two but thereafter they become an eyesore. Stick to the basics for the interiors. Grey, black, white, good beige and the likes.

Many have already said - the maruti cars are already FAT. Avoid adding more meat around the bumper areas.

If you can do a good job at it, instead of the flashy bumpers - try doing sunroofs, in-dash video kits etc. More 'user friendly' and useful stuff.
Old 14th March 2010, 11:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

The quality of work done is top class, but the design quality needs to improve, especially the bumpers.

These cars look fat, unproportionate and unsporty.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th March 2010 at 11:58.
Old 14th March 2010, 15:09   #13
BHPian

Man, The SX4 and the swift look a class job. But the ritz has been spoiled completely. The golden colour suckz. Maruthi should try better mods in future.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:58   #14
BHPian

Great stuff buddy, nice to know the 'pimp my ride' market growing in India
Old 15th March 2010, 11:05   #15
BHPian

The quality of workmanship seems to be excellent and the interiors or the car is really good, but quite frankly I am not impressed with the body mods though, still a lot of scope for improvement, it is a little too amateurish. Kindly take this as a constructive criticism, no offense buddy. But overall , a good effort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks