Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 21:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the job. As someone said, 22K for a 7 seater, in pure leather, is a steal!

When I was scouting around for seat covers on my Verna, I considered Stanley, Ovion and G-Sport. These were the rates I got:

Stanley - 40K (pure leather), 18K (art leather)

Ovion - 25-30K (pure leather), 14K (art leather)

G-Sport - 8K (art leather only)

As you can see there's no comparison with any of the rates you got . Ultimately went for G-Sport.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:47   #17
BHPian

@rjstyle, thanks a lot for the review and pics.

I have been thinking of getting the seat covers changed in my Zen, but was worried about the cost.

From your experience, I guess I can assume it will cost around 10-12K for the work on Zen (or any normal hatchback for that matter), am I right?
Old 28th April 2010, 13:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congratulations on the job. As someone said, 22K for a 7 seater, in pure leather, is a steal!

When I was scouting around for seat covers on my Verna, I considered Stanley, Ovion and G-Sport. These were the rates I got:

Stanley - 40K (pure leather), 18K (art leather)

Ovion - 25-30K (pure leather), 14K (art leather)

G-Sport - 8K (art leather only)

As you can see there's no comparison with any of the rates you got . Ultimately went for G-Sport.
Here's Karlsson's pricing when I was scouting around like you
Quote:
The dual tone leather would cost :- Rs. 31,000 plus tax
A touch option ( part Leather) :- Rs. 25,000 Plus tax
And the auto grade PU ( artificial leather) is Rs: 11,000 plus tax
Door Trims, steering etc, would be extra.
Marvin had quoted close to 19k for an almost 90% leather job but door pads extra. I somehow wasn't satisfied with the dude's response in their showroom.

I was checking for their options and then somebody else walks in asking for seat covers for his i20. I was left standing there while he spent good 30 mins attending to the other customer. This completely put me off !! I took a call then and there that it wont be Marvin on my scorp'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
@rjstyle, thanks a lot for the review and pics.

I have been thinking of getting the seat covers changed in my Zen, but was worried about the cost.

From your experience, I guess I can assume it will cost around 10-12K for the work on Zen (or any normal hatchback for that matter), am I right?
Listen Vasanth, for all you know G-sport might work out cheaper. Its all about getting the right deal and you being at the right place. I don't know the details about pricing for a zen and prefer not taking a shot in the dark. The pricing should be on the same lines.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:18   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@rjstyle:

I had my Nissan Patrol done there and was very happy with the work. Subsequently recommended them to a friend who did his Hyundai Elantra there and the work was great as well.

Just to confirm you paid 22K for full leather? Asking because I plan to do my scorpio as well and just wanted an idea of the price.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

for the pricing, the fitting & finish seems to be excellent, though the colour is not to my taste.

hey, is that pure leather or art leather?
Old 28th April 2010, 22:51   #21
BHPian

good nice job there, congrats!

as for the minor fitting issues on the seats and wrinkles, my guess is that a seat done in leather will take its own time to mould to a particular shape, the initial fitting stretch will even out in due time and according to the weight placed on the seat, good thing for a regular user of the seat, gets more comfortable as them days go by.

i got my vehicle done recently, was there at the factory for about 9 hours just overseeing and out of curiosity, the amount of work it needs to get a proper fit is amazing, saw the workers constantly beating the seats with the palms of their hands and at times this constant beating cause them good amount of pain, was sorry to see that, so much for the perfect fit we demand..

regarding the door panels, i will say the job is alright and you do not need to revisit the fitter for that small crease in one of the doors, it is awfully difficult to fit a piece of leather to a recessed panel, the stretching involved and the final tuck down around the edges is simply unbelievable when you look at the final product.. i find it out of my imagination how they avoid the wrinkles from showing up.. anyway, it was good to see an adhesive compound called dendrite after a long 10 years probably, i thought it was never available in the south region.
Old 29th April 2010, 08:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@rjstyle:
Just to confirm you paid 22K for full leather? Asking because I plan to do my scorpio as well and just wanted an idea of the price.
Yes mate that is what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
for the pricing, the fitting & finish seems to be excellent, though the colour is not to my taste.

hey, is that pure leather or art leather?
All my previous cars have had the same color combo and wont change too. I find it difficult to maintain light colored interiors.

Regarding your question

Quote:
Its all in leather and it something called as Highland or so and was 1.1mm thick. The material is imported and was from Korea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
good nice job there, congrats!

as for the minor fitting issues on the seats and wrinkles, my guess is that a seat done in leather will take its own time to mould to a particular shape.
regarding the door panels, i will say the job is alright and you do not need to revisit the fitter for that small crease in one of the doors, it is awfully difficult to fit a piece of leather to a recessed panel, the stretching involved and the final tuck down around the edges is simply unbelievable when you look at the final product.. i find it out of my imagination how they avoid the wrinkles from showing up.. anyway, it was good to see an adhesive compound called dendrite after a long 10 years probably, i thought it was never available in the south region.
I am with you, if only the world was 100% perfect in real life . The door panel is only uneven on the drivers side. Rest of the 3 doors are perfect. Its the unevenness on the mould itself , coz if they could 3 of the other door pads right this shouldn't have been an issue.

I can live with small niggles coz even I cant deliver a 100% at my work.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

for a full leather seat, the pricing seems to be excellent.
Old 15th August 2010, 20:35   #24
BHPian

Check out our Civic Car Seat and Steering done up at Ovion Bangalore, through Satya (EVO)
Attached Thumbnails
Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08816.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08818.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08820.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08822.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08826.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-dsc08827.jpg  

dvprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2010, 21:35   #25
BHPian

Nice seats Riju. The silver color may fade off after a while. They made that clear in Marvin. Sorry about your bad experience in Marvin. But when I did my search at the beginning of the year, Marvin had a lot more designs to choose from and at a much lesser price.
Old 9th August 2011, 01:38   #26
BHPian

Re: Review : Ovion Seat Covers

I had got art leather seat cover for my fiesta from Ovion.
Very happy with the quality of the work done. Praveen was very helpful in picking the colour and design for the seat. Costed me around 11K. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Some snaps attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Review : Ovion Seat Covers-img_1804.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-img_1806.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-img_1809.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-img_1811.jpg  

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-img_1815.jpg  

denomathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 11:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

denomathew looks neat man, similar to the design that I have gotten done on my scorp'. Love'em !! Keeping those beige covers clean is the next big task .
Dont worry about the small wrinkles you see, they will even out. It was the same with my scorp' too, however they eventually set in tight around the mold.
Old 9th August 2011, 16:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
I had got art leather seat cover for my fiesta from Ovion.
Very happy with the quality of the work done. Praveen was very helpful in picking the colour and design for the seat. Costed me around 11K. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Some snaps attached.
11k is inclusive of seat , door pad, gearknob and boot, hand break, steering, armrest etc? Is this PU?

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 9th August 2011 at 16:06.
Old 9th August 2011, 19:04   #29
BHPian

@denomathew - Really nice job, what got my eye was the armrest , where did you get it from, was it something Ovion did? I would like to get one for my Fiesta.
Old 9th August 2011, 20:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
11k is inclusive of seat , door pad, gearknob and boot, hand break, steering, armrest etc? Is this PU?
Yes its PU. Price is inclusive of seat, door pad & armrest. I didn't opt for steering & handbreak.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks