Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 17:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Review : Ovion Seat Covers

Its been a long search for the right place to get my Scorp's seat covers done. For me it was about finding the best available option in town with my limited budget.
Scouted around various places for a good deal and apparently most renowned places had good choices , but upwards of 20k(Darn there goes all my hopes crashing).

I caught up with Satya(blueraven316) and spoke to him about a few choices/designs and he straight away asked me if I wanted to go to Ovion. Now Ovion are considered best in town, only next to Stanley. Being pretty well acquainted with Stanley's prices I knew what to expect.

Back to square one and am again considering if I should go to G-sport since they did work out cheaper. Come last Saturday I simply drive to Ovion near Pallavi theatre and meet up with Praveen who runs the place.

I check a few designs and am left thinking. Did a quick calculation with the prices and decided to go for it. G-sport for a complete job had quoted about 18k and here I am at ovion discussing about 4 grand extra for a nice leather job. I had initially picked on a design from the Mugen website and then see another pattern in their catalog which is to my liking. I give a go ahead to Mr.Praveen and I am told to be back there by 3:00pm for the fitting. My choice is the Black and Pearlized Silver leather.

IST (Indian Stretchable Time ) as we may call it, thanks to the traffic jam near Pallavi theatre I reach only by 4pm. Mr.Praveen was courteous enough to call me and inform that his manager will be at the godown to overlook the job.

Dot 4pm the work starts and they have like 6 guys exclusively working on the car. Promise made is that delivery will take 3 hrs. I lurk around the place, grab a cup of tea and am checking them work on the scorp. The guys there were extra careful in removing the door panels and the seats.

3 hrs go by and as promised the car is delivered at dot 7pm. Ok this is the 1st time ever in my life after owning 3 cars something has been delivered on time as mentioned.The boys at Ovion made sure every single piece is a perfect fit and that no nook and crannies are left with loose threads. Eventually I myself do a check at a slow pace and am satisfied.

I am adding a few pictures and please do-not mind the quality of the images. I just wanted to show their work on my Scorp'.

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-1-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-2-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-3-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-4-large.jpg

I need to go back there coz the slot in which the center seats armrest sits isnt even. I see some wrinkles there which I noticed only on Sunday in the morning.Will go back this coming saturday to get it sorted out.

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-5-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-6-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-7-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-8-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-9-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-10-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-11-large.jpg

Review : Ovion Seat Covers-12-large.jpg

I definitely would recommend Ovion to folks who like to get their work done from there. You know it takes a lot of time and patience to listen to a customer like me who is real finicky when it comes to such things. Praveen had it and was courteous enough to listen me out and give me options.

I now regret on having made the below statement . Their courtesy and customer service is what bowled me over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Listen my honest advice is that if you aint going the pure leather way stay away from Stanley/Marvin/Karlsson or whoever. Their work shows in pure leather and it is made to stay.

With art leather , the lustre will be lost over a few years. Now come to think of it, 4 yrs and you are tired of seeing the same old seat covers. You want a change with the pure leather on the seats, I dare not touch it . Art leather and yeah I can go for a change.

Finding the place is pretty easy, here's the route you gotto take. Considering the fact that the road in front of Pallavi theatre is a one way, you will need to come from the Richmond Circle/Mallya Hospital side.

Follow the road towards corporation circle and take the immediate bylane after Pallavi theatre. Drive down and take the next left , a few yards and on the left side you will see Ovion's office. Their godown is a little further ahead along the same road.

Good job Ovion and Satya a big shout to you too.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 26th April 2010 at 17:05.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2010, 17:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

good finishing but the front head rest needs little work.
Have you used 100% leather or leather in contact areas and Art in non contact areas?
22k if for pure leather for an 7 seater is a steal.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:39   #3
BHPian

You paid 22K for the whole job, correct?

Also, since you did some research on the pure leather option too, can you tell us how much the Stanley option would have cost?

Scorpio is a big car ... will there be significant difference in price if we were to discuss the price for a Swift?

Name:  cheers.gif
Views: 9412
Size:  4.9 KB
Old 26th April 2010, 18:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

@rjstyles, I am sorry to say this! But, the fit and finish could have been much better.

1. The finish on the door pads. The edges look uneven in the picture.
2. The front seats have wrinkles too.
3. The rear part of the head rests, I am seeing the white base of the leather and the chances are it might peel off soon.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
good finishing but the front head rest needs little work. Have you used 100% leather or leather in contact areas and Art in non contact areas?
22k if for pure leather for an 7 seater is a steal.
Vinay I know what you are talking about. I checked this and with the pearlized silver leather this is bound to happen is what I was told by the manager there. I eventually took a piece of the same to check. It does leave a wrinkle when stitched around curves. My other option was to try Carbon Silver but I never liked the texture.

If you see the center of the seats where this material has been used , on a straight stitch itself it leaves a wrinkle. The material had some sort of fur underneath it which had to be removed while stitching the steering wheel cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@rjstyles, I am sorry to say this! But, the fit and finish could have been much better.
I quite agree with the center seats which like I said needs to be sorted out this weekend.

Quote:
1. The finish on the door pads. The edges look uneven in the picture.
I was in for a surprise when we pulled out the existing cover from the door panels it wasn't even. Well I think I can live with the door pads though.

Quote:
2. The front seats have wrinkles too.
The co-drivers seat does have one wrinkle and it was a tight fit when I left Ovion. Sunday morning we went for a drive and stopped at a friends place and clicked pictures. I don't know if somebody sitting there has left that mark.

Quote:
3. The rear part of the head rests, I am seeing the white base of the leather and the chances are it might peel off soon.
Please look carefully, its not the white base of the leather. Those are the markings from the pencil they had used. I couldn't stay back for them to clean it coz it was late for me though they offered to polish the seats.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 26th April 2010 at 18:38.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:44   #6
BHPian

Seeing the the MHawk done up in Ovion up close and personal is whole different story than seeing the pics. It looks real cool. Looks apart, the feeling one gets when sitting on it is amazing. I did not want to leave
I am sure the armest can be fixed on your next visit to them.
Ovion has done a very nice job with a very good price tag.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:45   #7
BHPian

Nice! Congrats!!!, I have been to Evo & seen numerous cars getting the seat covers done from Satya...What were your choice of colors available.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Liked the job. well done.

I got my Civic done almost 3 yrs back from Ovion. They look good even today. Cost me like 30K for full nappa leather. Pretty helpful and got it done on time. They are a good alternative to Stanley.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

@rj, I hope I dint offend you in any way!

The finish looks neat, if those minor things are fixed then it will complement more to the looks.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Riju, I liked the work and the combination you have chosen. It changed my opinion about black. Awesome selection, it looks perfect to my liking.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rj, I hope I dint offend you in any way!

The finish looks neat, if those minor things are fixed then it will complement more to the looks.
Hey pal, not at all man criticism always makes one better. Come 'on I know even you are a stickler when it come's to small things.

yajaman and myself went to check the scorp' again after your post. I wanted him to personally check everything and he also was of the same opinion. We checked all 4 door pads and found that only the driver side one is uneven. The mold itself is uneven.I had checked this personally during the installation and was surprised. Cant do much and decided to ignore it.

Apart from that the only other issue was with the center arm rest's slot. Quite a tricky one at it when you are going the leather way. The PU form from the seat itself was very thin. I knew this was gonna cause problems , though I decided to keep it for another day since it was late.

I haven't slept peacefully for the last 2 night since this thingy has been eating my brains.

Quote:
Nice! Congrats!!!, I have been to Evo & seen numerous cars getting the seat covers done from Satya...What were your choice of colors available.
Umpteen but I dint want to opt for a lighter color only for the reason that I wouldn't be able to clean it every weekend.

Edit : shaju thanks man.
Old 26th April 2010, 20:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a very good work to me except for the wrinkles on the second pic; Unless Vinay considers this wrinkle as a little work to be done, all other head rest, seat & steering works looks good job to me.

Last edited by aargee : 26th April 2010 at 20:38.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

@rjstyles - This is 100% leather job, right? Do they have something on for the gear knob and the hand-brake lever as well? I am pretty interested, let me know if they can refer someone in Chennai - I do not mind driving to Blore sometime either!
Old 27th April 2010, 13:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Have you used 100% leather or leather in contact areas and Art in non contact areas?
Its all in leather and it something called as Highland or so and was 1.1mm thick. The material is imported and was from Korea. I liked the finish of it and nappa was excellent but way too expensive.

They even had carbon black and carbon silver , but the texture wasn't to my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenParadox View Post
Also, since you did some research on the pure leather option too, can you tell us how much the Stanley option would have cost?

Scorpio is a big car ... will there be significant difference in price if we were to discuss the price for a Swift?
My colleague got his Fiesta decked up from Stanley in art leather. Check this post here and he paid about 15grand for this job. Ideally the pricing for the swift also should around the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@rjstyles - This is 100% leather job, right? Do they have something on for the gear knob and the hand-brake lever as well? I am pretty interested, let me know if they can refer someone in Chennai - I do not mind driving to Blore sometime either!
I dint check for the gear knob and the handbrake options since I really wasn't interested.I have no idea who does this in Chennai, contact blueraven316 and he should be able to guide you.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mate! Will check with Satya when I visit him next (he did the audio for my ride ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks