Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Verna Fog Lights-Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
One can adjust the bulb by changing the alignment of the bulb. You can check with a good electrician or the same person who fitted the philips bulbs on you car, he can adjust the focus of the beam.

Hope this helps.

-Sajan
I bought the bulbs and changed them at HASS during service and the technician said that there is no adjustments as such everything is fixed.
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
I bought the bulbs and changed them at HASS during service and the technician said that there is no adjustments as such everything is fixed.
Hi Prass,

It is possible to adjust the focus of the light, try with another good electric technician in and around your place.

I got mine done the same way, Hyundai A.S.C. said that it is not possible to adjust the beam but when I inquired lot many people suggested to try out and I was able to get the focus done.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:49   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

In the i20, there are two screws ,one each for horizontal and vertical alignment. So adjustment is possible .Just check if those 2 screws are present in the fog lamp assembly.You can visit a HASS and ask them to show you the fog lamp from their spares.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:43   #34
BHPian

It the Verna the fogs can be adjusted for vertical beam by turning a flower head screw just behind the fog. To access the screw you have to go under the bumper and turn it till you are satisfied with the throw. Make sure you park your on a flat surface facing a blank wall some 6 feet away. Note that raising the fog too high will not help and you will end up loosing out on the quality of light. Ideally the fog should cover a distance of not more than 12 to 15 feet max. For me the perfect setting was 8 feet. Beyond that the headlights take over. What I did was to install HIDs in fogs and at that height they do not bother the oncoming traffic. The change was drastic, obviously.
Hummer.Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 09:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer.Rulez View Post
It the Verna the fogs can be adjusted for vertical beam by turning a flower head screw just behind the fog. To access the screw you have to go under the bumper and turn it till you are satisfied with the throw. Make sure you park your on a flat surface facing a blank wall some 6 feet away. Note that raising the fog too high will not help and you will end up loosing out on the quality of light. Ideally the fog should cover a distance of not more than 12 to 15 feet max. For me the perfect setting was 8 feet. Beyond that the headlights take over. What I did was to install HIDs in fogs and at that height they do not bother the oncoming traffic. The change was drastic, obviously.
Thanks mate. It was a simple DIY, the flower screw could be turned by hand to get to the desired beam level. Did you change just the bulbs to HIDs? can you share the details/cost pls.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. It was a simple DIY, the flower screw could be turned by hand to get to the desired beam level. Did you change just the bulbs to HIDs? can you share the details/cost pls.
Hope Hummer-Rulez replied. did you try this?
Old 24th August 2012, 16:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
Hope Hummer-Rulez replied. did you try this?
After doing the beam adjustment, I am overall satisfied with stock setup and no plans to change to HIDs for now.
Old 24th August 2012, 21:49   #38
BHPian

where is the screw located ???? any pointers for the same ???
Old 6th July 2020, 15:59   #39

Team BHP Members,

I own a Verna Fluidic 2012-13 model. I'm fed up of it's super heavy glass Fog lights installed on it's lean plastic bumper. A minor hit on the road and one of the two falls of inside the bumper compartment. Discussed this with the Auth Service Centers and they suggest to replace the bumper with a new one which i have read in many discussions on the internet - wont solve the purpose due to the mis-match from the company between the two parts. I've spent several times on it's repair/fixation and would finally look for a permanent fix.

1. Like complete removal of the glass fog lamps and installing plastic cut-outs in its place so it doesn't look emptily odd.
OR
2. Lighter plastic LED lamp set replacement

Does any one has a suggestion or kit that they have used? Please advise here... Sorry I didn't want to start a new thread so used this closest discussion thread.

Thanks,

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th July 2020 at 16:18. Reason: Dotty post. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.
speedster_m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks