Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2005, 08:18   #1
BHPian

mahindra scorpio mod

Hi guys,
I just got a mahindra scorpio CRDe 2 months ago, can you give some suggestion how to increase power and performance on it.
Is there any tuning chip available for it or maybe a K&N performance filter,

Is there any way to increase mileage also, do the things like fuel energiser really work?
Old 30th October 2005, 13:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

the fuel energiser doesn't work. its just a way to lose money. A team-bhpian has already tried using it and got his money back from the seller.

About the performance mods, the first step is to go for a free flow K&N filter and a free flow exhaust. But, i dont think u'd like to hear a free flow exhaust on ur CRDe. But, i've also heard that they make a freeflow exhaust as silent as the stock one. If u can find a K&N for ur scorpio, let me know the model number. I'm trying to find one for my Sumo (NA).
Old 30th October 2005, 23:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

You could go in for a K&N universal cone filter for your car. there are no chips or ecu upgrades available as of now. and about the fuel energizer, forgetaboutit!
Old 1st November 2005, 00:48   #4
BHPian

I am looking for a K&N filter for my Scorpio too......so, guys if u get any leads do let me know...
Old 1st November 2005, 02:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

moodswings we are right next dor to you in Udyog Vihar. Drop in anytime so we can sort out a K&N setup for your car.

Arush
Old 2nd November 2005, 16:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
You could go in for a K&N universal cone filter for your car. there are no chips or ecu upgrades available as of now. and about the fuel energizer, forgetaboutit!
is this filter a standard fit out or we need to perform some modifications for the fitment in the scorpio crde. and what kinda performance improvement can be expected post the fitment (increase in power??) and the effect on the FE?
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

smats: you'd need to do some piping work to get the positioning and fitting of the filter in proper condition and some adjustments incase the air flow sensor is relocated in the process. youre looking at an upgrade of about 5-6bhp atleast especially at sudden full throttle when the engine is starving for air most. FE is negligably effected.
Old 3rd November 2005, 12:18   #8
BHPian

thanks autophysche....a little offtopic but since we r discussing mods to the scorpio....has anyone tried relocating the spare wheel to the back door in the scorpio? Is it advised and ok....because i find it painful to change tyres if need be form the spare wheel's current position?
I ve seen it on photos of AGM modified scorpio in autocar but has anyone in the furum got it done?
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if the rear pillars are strong enough for a rear wheel.

Have you tried taking a big tyre off a rear door ? It can be a complete pain. I think it is far easier to get the tyre from its current position.
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

bigman is right, the tire is much easier to get off from under the car since you are working in the direction of gravity, as opposed to a rear mounted one where you have to practically heave the tire off.

Moreover, a rear mounted wheel is a very heavy load on the door. The hinges are not made for that extra stress nor is the sheet metal of the door. So certain reinforcements need to be done to guarantee long lasting and prevent sagging of the door.

Arush
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:22   #11
BHPian

hii guys

as we were on k & n & free flow , can sum 1 plz tell me if i get a free flow done 2 my getz will it increase fuel consumption.
i hav a exhaust already , planning to get free flow soon
my average is already hovering around 8-9 (due to various reasons).
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

vish your FE would not be affected but what usually happens is since we love hearing the sound of the revs we tend to push the accelerator more than normal... even on a standstill car. So if you continue to do so regularly you can account for some slight increase in consumption.
Old 4th November 2005, 21:59   #13
BHPian

arush i am intrested in getting the k&n filter on my crde, what will it cost me? and will it effect warranty on my engine as i have a 5 year unlimited warranty
Old 6th November 2005, 23:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smats
thanks autophysche....a little offtopic but since we r discussing mods to the scorpio....has anyone tried relocating the spare wheel to the back door in the scorpio? Is it advised and ok....because i find it painful to change tyres if need be form the spare wheel's current position?
I ve seen it on photos of AGM modified scorpio in autocar but has anyone in the furum got it done?
..The AGM modified Scorpio only has the wheel cover at the back door which actually is supposed to be used as a storage space. The wheel remains at its original place.

And thats one good looking Scorpio.
Old 6th December 2005, 09:56   #15
BHPian

How much does K&N filter cost. Is it available in Pune ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks