Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 16:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Pr, I missed this. 65 and 55 is not the sidewall height but rather the profile. (Sidewall/Width)*100 = Profile. The S is definitely taller than the other variants.
After going through all your inputs and other bhpians, i feel having a sporty side kit will pose not any GC and any other issue in my SXI, so now i will ask the dealer today that could he arrange a S kit for me.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

does anyone of the fellow bhpain has got hold a original sports side skirt kit of S for their other variant of SXI, i too want the same but the sales guy told me it is not available, but logically i am not convinced as they can order a part against a requirement or else they can book it against a S VIN number as well, and i dont think ford india have a problem.
Old 26th October 2015, 20:22   #33
BHPian

Re: Fiesta OEM Side Skirts

Hi all,

Is the spoilers available for Ford Classic useful on Aerodynamics or are those just show pieces?

Will those help in getting some extra balance on speeds above 120kmph?
My car is in stock condition now, need to know whether to load it with a spoiler which will add some more extra weight to the car
Old 26th October 2015, 23:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Hi all,

Is the spoilers available for Ford Classic useful on Aerodynamics or are those just show pieces?

My car is in stock condition now, need to know whether to load it with a spoiler which will add some more extra weight to the car
Hi,

It won't have any aerodynamic effects on your car. Not even after 120 km/h, as far as I know.

If you ask me, it is a bit pricey. But it surely looks the part and fit and finish is excellent.

Regarding weight, its very light and won't have any considerable effect on your car.

Hope this helps.

Here is a pic:
Fiesta OEM Side Skirts-spoiler.jpg

Regards,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 26th October 2015 at 23:56. Reason: Adding pic :)
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 08:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi,
It won't have any aerodynamic effects on your car. Not even after 120 km/h, as far as I know.
Thanks Neel,
How much did you pay for it? I think we can procure this outside the showrooms too, since the showrooms are charging very heavy on spoilers. what you say?

Last edited by ampere : 27th October 2015 at 09:13. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 27th October 2015, 11:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Technically, a rear wing on a front wheel drive car is not going to be of any benefit.

At higher speeds (may be >100 kph), it would increase the down-force at the rear end which would only make the front end lighter (and making the steering feel a bit more nervous, if at all it has any appreciable effect).
Old 27th October 2015, 12:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Technically, a rear wing on a front wheel drive car is not going to be of any benefit.

At higher speeds (may be >100 kph), it would increase the down-force at the rear end which would only make the front end lighter (and making the steering feel a bit more nervous, if at all it has any appreciable effect).
That means the steering will become more lighter on higher speeds, which is obviously not desirable right?
Old 27th October 2015, 12:27   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That means the steering will become more lighter on higher speeds, which is obviously not desirable right?
The whole front would become lighter, which is why the steering will feel lighter. Good(If the steering being light is something that youd appreciate.
However, when you turn, the front tyres will not grip as much as they should. Understeer. Bad.
If you want it, there's no issues at all in getting it. I am not even sure itll have ANY effect even at 120KMPH plus. I mean, its not as if its been developed in a wind tunnel, or even if it is in the proper path of airflow.

Purely cosmetic, so you could also look at Lip spoilers. Someone on the forum has done it. A search will bring it up.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I mean, its not as if its been developed in a wind tunnel, or even if it is in the proper path of airflow.
How can you be so sure?
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
How can you be so sure?

If you were ford, would you bother?
For a 100bhp FWD car, maxing at 170, or thereabouts, built for indiawhere youd probably hit that safely on 4-5 roads?

Last edited by mayankk : 27th October 2015 at 13:57.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 00:17   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
If you are in chennai I could suggest a place where you make Fiesta side skirts.

Check my car in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...as-mods-3.html

These were made by my friend who does body skirts for almost all cars.

Hello , Can you please share the contact details of your friend who does body skirts. I am planning to buy for my Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks