Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 03:42   #16
BHPian

As everyone above said u will go bonkers doing that transplant & even after that if you somehow manage to sucessfully transplant what about the reliability.

Once you are talking about cost, second you are ready to spend so much on an experiment can;t understand brother what you actually want?
Old 21st August 2010, 15:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Alternates:

This looks to be going down the drain...

Is there any realistic chance of me landing decent 'used' SUV: CAPTIVA, FORTUNER (Chances-->0?) etc for the same budget?

Budget 10L + 2L (Only for SUV) at max!

PS: Mods, my intention is not to make this thread into a buy suggestion one, but it makes most sense to discuss it here since we have an ongoing discussion.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Alternates:

This looks to be going down the drain...

Is there any realistic chance of me landing decent 'used' SUV: CAPTIVA, FORTUNER (Chances-->0?) etc for the same budget?

Budget 10L + 2L (Only for SUV) at max!

PS: Mods, my intention is not to make this thread into a buy suggestion one, but it makes most sense to discuss it here since we have an ongoing discussion.
You can probably pick up a 2008 Captiva (in Delhi) for ~ 13L. Bangalore is probably more expensive. Do some legwork .... you might find some high mileage models within 12L.
Old 21st August 2010, 18:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

The engine is one the best "features" of the car...

The CRV 2.0 Ltrs give 7-8 kpl in city.
How many kms do you plan to cover in a year anyway?

Last edited by AbhiJ : 21st August 2010 at 18:40.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The CRV 2.0 Ltrs give 7-8 kpl in city.
Oops! The car may do 2k kms in a month. So, petrol costs could be prohibitive.

Quote:
You can probably pick up a 2008 Captiva (in Delhi) for ~ 13L. Bangalore is probably more expensive. Do some legwork .... you might find some high mileage models within 12L.
I will not buy the vehicle from Bangalore at all. The Bangy used car market is nuts. The car will be bought in NCR and used there (Gurgaon/Delhi). No co-relation with Bangy at all.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:35   #21
BHPian

I guess you are after a Good SUV and IMHO the Captiva is quite what you crave for ..Looks, Oomph and The Price range. Try some used dealer in Punjab, Captiva is quite common here and the used car price ranges from 10-12 Lakhs Odd. But do get it checked thoroughly.

I had a liking for the the captiva but My Budgetary contraints and My Love for Hyundai got me hooked to the Tucson.

I somewhere saw a Prado up for sale in the classifieds in NCR so While in Delhi , you can land a Pretty good Used eal, The Transplant Jugaad will have its hiccups and I do not see somebody spending Upwards of 10 Lakhs and then stand at a garage for a Leak etc..
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Oops! The car may do 2k kms in a month. So, petrol costs could be prohibitive.

I will not buy the vehicle from Bangalore at all. The Bangy used car market is nuts. The car will be bought in NCR and used there (Gurgaon/Delhi). No co-relation with Bangy at all.
Did you consider fitting a LPG/CNG kit on CRV?
You may need to pay 1.5-2 lakhs as state tax if you get used car from other states.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks