Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 20:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
if you are so much impressed with the new model, why don't you sell the old one and get the new 2010 model.

ROFLMAO

The car is question is only a year old!! Depreciation hit will be very hard!!

@ OP, chuck the idea of the Mod, they are not worth the effort and the money spent. Enjoy your car in its stock form.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
ROFLMAO

@ OP, chuck the idea of the Mod, they are not worth the effort and the money spent. Enjoy your car in its stock form.
Agree with that!
But I on the other hand do need a smaller antenna as the long one that is OEM supplied with my car takes multiple hits (from false roofing/pipes etc) at my mezzanine floor office parking. Tilting it down helps - but not always.
Old 30th September 2010, 22:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I totally agree with GTO. To me the only change to the pre facelift model that makes sense would be the change in the dash colour. The facelift dash looks much better than the pre-face lift model and also reduces the windscreen glare.
Quote:
if you are so much impressed with the new model, why don't you sell the old one and get the new 2010 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Agree with GTO, doing this is not a good idea, the lights etc and other stuff will be expensive. You can simply spend on low pro wheels and rubber and ICE and soup your original car up. At least everything is original which itself shows your taste/thinking. It will be difficult to sell your modded i10 unless you find another fellow who 'thinks' like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Changing the lights etc. will inevitably involve some amount of paint work. Why on earth would you make a perfectly good 1 year old car go through all of that? Not to mention, the $$$ could be better spent on a nice set of alloy wheels (and other upgrades such as ICE etc.). Believe me, a well done up pre-facelift i10 will look better than a stock facelift model.

While all your points are well taken, i am absolutely in love with the front bumpers in the next gen i10.

But then changing the front bumpers alone would definitely make my ride look ugly. Hence the long list of mods.

Anyways let me get in touch with Hyundai and find out the availability and pricing of those OEM parts.

Quote:
Changing the lights etc. will inevitably involve some amount of paint work.
Thanks for the tip off GTO. This has really made me reconsider my decision now. However could you please elaborate how really it involves a paint job too? I thought it was just a mere bolt on job . Pardon my ignorance.
Old 1st October 2010, 07:14   #19
BHPian

WarwithWheels, you best bet would be to get in touch with HMP in thiruveka industrial estate. They stock most of the OE parts and would give you the best estimate for this i10 new gen mod. PM me your mobile number as I am also interested in some mods to my previous gen i10 - we could discuss.
Old 18th October 2010, 00:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Cutting the long story short, I have started the spadework to retrofit the front and rear bumpers along with the front grill on my 2009 i10 sportz. Could somebody shed some light on the following?
I don't know how I missed this thread so far. I have been dreaming about modifying the front and rear bumbers of my 2009 i10 Sportz with next gen's. I love them so much and happy to see that there are other i10 owners thinking in the similar lines. Anyway, I'm visiting the service center in a day or two for my 4th service and some paint job on the front bumpers. I already met them yday and asked them to paint the entire bumper, side molding and rear molding to the body color inspired by the next gen. I'll also inquire on retrofitting new bumpers on the old one.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
WarwithWheels, you best bet would be to get in touch with HMP in thiruveka industrial estate. They stock most of the OE parts and would give you the best estimate for this i10 new gen mod. PM me your mobile number as I am also interested in some mods to my previous gen i10 - we could discuss.
Yeah. That would be great bro. I am away from the city right now. Will get in touch with you, when I am back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
I'll also inquire on retrofitting new bumpers on the old one.
Glad to know that we all stay on the same page. Oh Please.... those inputs would definitely help us a long way.

BTW... Since my i10 is used only as a spare car when our Innova's Chauffeur doesn't turn up, the mileage on the odometer as on date is way too less at just < 2K.

Moreover, the car is still under warranty. IMO, I think I should put my plans on hold for a couple of more months so that it runs out of the warranty.

And after seeing a couple of these new gen i10, the rear bumpers don't excite me at all.

What say Guys?
Old 14th December 2010, 10:28   #22
BANNED

Re: Converting my i-10 to the post-facelift look

Quote:
Believe me, a well done up pre-facelift i10 will look better than a stock facelift model.
My +1 to that.

Quote:

Good idea. Makes more sense.

Still if you really want to do the mod wait for a year or so. These parts will be easily available cheap. Just like the many type I Esteems that have been modded to the later versions without spending much.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Agree with GTO and others, it is not worth the effort to convert a pre-facelifted model to the facelifted model just for the looks.

There are better ways to burn your hard earned money - ICE, alloys etc.

I would be interested in swapping the beige coloured dashboard with the dark coloured dashboard if it is direct fit and not horribly overpriced. Can someone post the price for dashboard replacement.

Hyundai should start some exchange offers for the beige dashboard to dark dashboard conversion.

Rohan
Old 15th September 2014, 21:26   #24
BHPian

Let me re-ignite this thread. Now that, all the above mentioned cars are close to 5 year old, is anyone still interested in pursuing the conversion. OR better, has anyone already done it.

I have a 2009 model pre facelift i10. Recently I was looking for replacing the existing headlight assembly. I felt that the facelift had better looking headlights, but not sure if they would directly fit my old model. Hence testing waters here. Fellow i10 owners, please pitch in with your suggestions.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I felt that the facelift had better looking headlights, but not sure if they would directly fit my old model. Hence testing waters here. Fellow i10 owners, please pitch in with your suggestions.
Yes, it can be easily done, but you'll have to replace the front bumper as well. Same thing goes for the tail lamps. I own a 2010 pre-facelift i10 Magna Auto that was converted to the Kappa2 look a few years ago.

Externally, the only things that I haven't changed are the ORVMs and the antenna. You can view my car in it's present avatar in my garage. Hope this helps.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 11:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Yes, it can be easily done, but you'll have to replace the front bumper as well. Same thing goes for the tail lamps. I own a 2010 pre-facelift i10 Magna Auto that was converted to the Kappa2 look a few years ago.

Externally, the only things that I haven't changed are the ORVMs and the antenna. You can view my car in it's present avatar in my garage. Hope this helps.
That is the best news I have heard . Did you get this done at the Hyundai ASS ? Would you mind sharing the cost details.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Let me re-ignite this thread. Recently I was looking for replacing the existing headlight assembly. I felt that the facelift had better looking headlights, but not sure if they would directly fit my old model. Hence testing waters here. Fellow i10 owners, please pitch in with your suggestions.
Be prepared for a hit in the resale value though. People will be very skeptical about a 2009 model i10 with a face-lifted look.

I'm looking to sell off my 2008 i10 magna. It has a crack on the windshield from a stone hit on a highway run. I'm keeping the windshield intact so that I can show that the car was not involved in any kind of accident and had the windshield replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks