Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 19:30   #1
BHPian

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment

I have a Getz Crdi and I do lot of long drives on it. To increase my comfort on these journeys, I'm planning for two things

1) Add some additional thigh support to the seats. The stock seats have very bad under-thigh support
2) Centre armrest for driver side and front passenger similar to the one seen in Getz Petrol higher versions/Verna/Safari/Scorpio. I do not want to change the entire seat for this purpose, but would like a place who can just add the armrest.

Please let me know if you know any such place in Bangalore/Cochin/Chennai where both the jobs can be done.
Old 4th October 2010, 09:38   #2
BHPian

Saw an i20 where the front seat arm rest is made. Looks pretty neat with beige color and a storage also.l Doesnt feel like aftermarket and the damn thing is only 1000 bucks.
I am assuming that it may fit in the Getz also

It's done at Trivandrum. Don't remember the name of the shop, but its a new one opened at Paruthipara, opposite MG college. (Theres only one shop in tere and so no issue of getting mistaken)
Old 4th October 2010, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Something similar I too face, but in my case its worse.
There are quite some seat cover and upholstery guys at JC road. Probably, they can do it for you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...diranagar.html (more of leather seat covers though).

But for a pro job, I would suggest Koyas at Coimbatore. They have been in this business for decades now. Absolutely flawless job, though a bit expensive, but worth the bucks.
Check this out: Koyas - Upholstery Works and Car Accessories

Last edited by jeeva : 4th October 2010 at 12:16.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:23   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

@pvgeorge. I'm going to TVM sometime in Nov, so I shall surely check the place, in case I dont get it done before that.

Jeeva-: Thanks for the links. Planning to check out JC road this weekend for this purpose.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

You get aftermarket armrest and this is an universal model. Comes around 1.2k. It available in Cochin. I initially had plans of installing them.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:42   #6
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket Armrest Fitment

Any one know where universal armrests are available in NCR?
Old 16th May 2011, 12:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Thanks guys for your suggestions.

@pvgeorge. I'm going to TVM sometime in Nov, so I shall surely check the place, in case I dont get it done before that.

Jeeva-: Thanks for the links. Planning to check out JC road this weekend for this purpose.
Krish did you get the armrest fixed? pl update with costs and pics
Old 16th May 2011, 13:33   #8
BHPian

Didn't do it as yet. Lack of time and diversion of time for other important work has taken me away from this :-(

I was planning on a old Verna style armrest, and was quoted around 3k.
Old 4th March 2013, 12:15   #9
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Snap deal has universal central armrest of COIDO make for Rs 949/- with free shipping. has anyone used this. How is the quality?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/coid...681629?pos=2;4
Old 4th March 2013, 12:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Snap deal has universal central armrest of COIDO make for Rs 949/- with free shipping. has anyone used this. How is the quality?
I have a similar one installed in my swift, when I say similar it costs even more. The support offered is brilliant. A must buy if you follow the one handed style with the other hand on the gear knob (which I do). Really feels very comfy in long runs.

Cons are, the plastic is way too cheap. It squeaks a lot and it doesn't have an easy height adjustment set up. You can do it, but have to do it by dismantling the screws.

Best thing is to find a custom made one. I am looking forward to build one on my own.
Old 19th April 2013, 02:03   #11
BHPian

Can anyone tell me if the front armrest present on the igen i20 asta be fixed to the old generation i20?

The universal armrest available in the market is also good but i can't seem to find someone who can do the job in delhi NCR.
Old 19th April 2013, 09:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Can anyone tell me if the front armrest present on the igen i20 asta be fixed to the old generation i20?

The universal armrest available in the market is also good but i can't seem to find someone who can do the job in delhi NCR.
You don't need a pro to fix the Universal armrest. I took it to a regular auto accessories guy paid him 150 bucks and he fixed it pronto. This is the post from my thread on the armrest. I was planning a DIY but in the Manza the seat has to be removed to fix the lower screws.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 11:21   #13
BHPian

Nice work with the armrest. Looks OEM.
Thanks for the help. I've already ordered the armrest from ebay, will take it the local accessory guy.
Old 1st May 2013, 16:45   #14
BHPian

Can I Install this armrest to my Chevrolet Spark??
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:23   #15
BHPian

In Chennai, we can get it done from G.P.Road at very competitive price. I am trying to get one for my Baleno which has half arm rest. The color choices are very complicated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks