Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 11:34   #76
BANNED

@nitrous: Till March the detune made sense, since BS2 was only 88RON. After 1 April 2010, or more precisely 30 September 2010 (given the grace period) with BS3/BS4 we have 91RON across the board. So the detune is a historic artefact.

Also, any idea when will be see BS3/BS4 Premium (at 95RON), or will they continue flogging non-Premium (as per specs), with additives forever?
Old 26th October 2010, 18:50   #77
BANNED

Wow!!! the torque curve looks impressive considering a Naturally aspirated Gasoline Engine.
How much increase in torque you are expecting at the low end. Also u need to seriously consider upgrade in the power train and braking if you are planning to put turbo at the later stages.
Old 26th October 2010, 23:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Not significant gains, but in the range of 5 - 8 BHP from a good remap?
If they shift the VTEC point, then it would see gains but just for that part. However, it cannot make alot of any other difference because of the fact that even when you modify the air going/coming from the engine, the MAF sees that and the ECU adds more fuel accordingly. Stock ECU's already maintain a rich afr at WOT. Finetuning that too wouldn't make too much difference, something that might not even be noticeable.

The FIC I installed, I'm still yet to tune. But I've changed the oxygen sensor values for light acceleration. This has really given a new kick to the car. Even at the slightest push of the pedal, the car readily jumps forward. However, acceleration at full has only changed to a point which cannot really be distinguished from the placebo effect.

Ill be tuning the car next week. I had called for the wideband, intake manifold and injectors which I've received, but yet to install. Thought Ill tune it all together so got to wait until I'm done installing it.

Quote:
This really sucks. I've seen what a set of mean headers could do (in my OHC Vtec). I don't understand why Honda had to take this route when they know enthusiasts will be part of their customer base.
As far as I know, Honda never designed this engine with performance mods in mind. The CAT was integrated to offer lesser emissions because of the quick warm up and higher temperatures. Our engine block isnt designed to handle alot of pressure too. If boosted high, it will crack because of the weight saving measures taken by Honda. I wish that they had launched the k20 version of it here. Would have been a great advantage for enthusiasts like us.
Old 27th October 2010, 00:44   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
I'd love if someone could clarify the terms torque and power to me.

Please refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ue-vs-bhp.html
Old 27th October 2010, 12:24   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc2145 View Post
I wish that they had launched the k20 version of it here. Would have been a great advantage for enthusiasts like us.
The Honda K20 is a 2000cc DOHC iVTEC Naturally Aspirated enging producing a whopping 197bhp & this is available in the US in the Civic Si model.

The bad news is, it produces just a little more torque than the 1.8 SOHC iVTEC that too at much higher rpms. To quantify, 139 @6100 rpm in the 2.0 Vs 128 @4300 rpm in the 1.8 version. Also, it drinks premium fuel only due to its high compression ratio of 11:1. It also drastically reduces the fuel effeciency as compared to the 1.8 version. In the "Average kitna hai" country like ours, there is no market for such an engine.
Old 28th October 2010, 04:44   #81
BHPian

hey cvc2145,can you please elaborate on the intake manifold and the injector's that you are going to install on the r18a engine,thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 07:29   #82
BHPian

Hello GTO

Good to see the performance list for your car, iam sure the list keeps going up in variation with time , any plans of upgrading brakes and tyres? Is remap possible for all petrol cars or only to certain brand cars?
Old 28th October 2010, 22:19   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
How much increase in torque you are expecting at the low end.
My primary expectation (and what I ended up with) is way better throttle response at low rpm. The car is puff cake to drive in traffic now. Of course, the sound is to die for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc2145 View Post
But I've changed the oxygen sensor values for light acceleration. This has really given a new kick to the car. Even at the slightest push of the pedal, the car readily jumps forward.
That sounds awesome, hopefully I'm going to end up with similar results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
any plans of upgrading brakes and tyres?
I'm extremely happy with the Civics brakes. Period. If & when I feel a need to upgrade, the after-market support for this car is phenomenal. Bolt on stuff, really.

Yes, wheels & tyres are on the to-do list.

Quote:
Is remap possible for all petrol cars or only to certain brand cars?
Remaps are possible for most popular cars. The grey area is, how effective they actually are on N/A (non-turbo) cars.
Old 28th October 2010, 23:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of course, the sound is to die for.
Any chance of a video clip?
Old 29th October 2010, 13:21   #85
BHPian

GTO, so its the bolt on end can exhaust that you have installed? please let us know the brand, place and the price ofcourse. Can you also tune it w/o the sound?
Old 30th October 2010, 20:43   #86
Team-BHP Support

So the car was dynoed, and im gonna let GTO reveal the rest, and Rehaan can put up the pics. There was also an Accord V6, a VW Jetta, a remapped Linea 1.4, and a Fusion which were dynoed.
Old 31st October 2010, 17:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

@GTO, eagerly awaiting the dyno update!
Thanks
Old 1st November 2010, 12:22   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Any chance of a video clip?
Done. We've taken one at the time of the run. Will take another video that focuses only on the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
GTO, so its the bolt on end can exhaust that you have installed? please let us know the brand, place and the price ofcourse. Can you also tune it w/o the sound?
I got a full free flow exhaust (not just a muffler change) that runs from the engine to the tail. Unfortunately, the Civic's engine cannot accommodate aftermarket headers. Full stainless steel unit cost 20K. Automech is the best in the business when it comes to exhausts. The one I had in the Vtec didn't run a bolt loose in 3 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@GTO, eagerly awaiting the dyno update!
Thanks
Receiving charts from KS Motorsports this afternoon.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:22   #89

When can we see the Video?? Looking forward to the Charts too.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:45   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I got a full free flow exhaust (not just a muffler change) that runs from the engine to the tail. Unfortunately, the Civic's engine cannot accommodate aftermarket headers. Full stainless steel unit cost 20K. Automech is the best in the business when it comes to exhausts. The one I had in the Vtec didn't run a bolt loose in 3 years!

Receiving charts from KS Motorsports this afternoon.
If its not too much of an effort, could you post pics of the engine bay ? I am keen to see how Automech made the downpipe.The mouth where the headers meet the downpipe has a weird shape right ?

Most Viewed