Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 21:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Adjust Projector focus for Low-Beam on Fortuner? UPDATE: Projectors in Fog Lamps!

Quote:
As for the bi xenon fogs, they costed me about 10K plus installation. Costing is based on the model of projectors, wattage and color temp of the HIDs. Mine are 55w with a color temp of 4300k.
Advantages over stock -
1.low beam intensity is awesome now.
2. I now have that Audi and BMW type flashing effect when using high beam or asking for pass.

Would soon post some pics of the beam pattern.
Hi gotcha797,

Can you please post the pics of the beam pattern in different scenario.
Also, since now you are using them for a while, can you comment on its pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2016, 13:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Adjust Projector focus for Low-Beam on Fortuner? UPDATE: Projectors in Fog Lamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hi gotcha797,

Can you please post the pics of the beam pattern in different scenario.
Also, since now you are using them for a while, can you comment on its pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry Piyush i couldn't reply for a while as i was inactive due to some health issues. Didn't even drive for past 5 months for the same reason.
Didn't click pics of the beam pattern and had changed to after market HIDs with OEM reflectors. Reasons for switching back to almost the original setup-
1. The HIDs in bixenon casing were not water or dust proof as it was meant to be put inside an OEM glass casing after cutting the reflector accordingly. i had installed them directly as the OEM fog casing didn't have that kind of space plus this mod was on trail bases.
2. Over a period of time dust accumulated on the inner side of my projectors and the intensity of light coming out became lesser.
3. One of the HIDs got fused due to water wading.

However, the beam pattern was useful-
1. At low beam the cut-off was set at same height as my fogs upto infinity.
2. At high beam it used to illuminated the upper part of trucks in front of me, i found this very useful while driving in hills.
3. In this case the beam pattern is not set by a fog reflector but a projection lens infront of the HID.
4. I had to visit the workshop a second time to get the throw adjusted.

I'll go for it again in a better way after some time.
Old 29th September 2016, 20:57   #18
BHPian

Hi,

I have a typical problem with low beams of my fortuner. Today i noticed that left hand side low beam is not working. First thing, located the fuse inside the bonnet for LH beam to check its serviceability. The fuse was found to be fine but while inserting the fuse back the low beam switched ON, flickered and switched off after two second. Can anyone help for likely cause please?
naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
... while inserting the fuse back the low beam switched ON, flickered and switched off after two second.
What if you do this again?

Could it be a bad contact at the fuse / buildup on the fuse contacts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks