Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 13:40   #1
BHPian

Free GPS MapmyIndia - Fiat Referral Program

Fiat sent me an e-mail saying that they are running a Referral Program. If a person refers another who happens to buy a Fiat Grande Punto or a Fiat Linea (any variant) then the original owner gets a Free GPS.

I wonder if we can refer each other through this forum - would be beneficial to all Fiat Owners.

If I've violated any Forum Rules, then I apologize and request the mods to delete the thread.

Thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 13:55   #2
BHPian

^^Ditto to that
i wouldn't mind a free GPS
Old 1st December 2010, 16:09   #3
BHPian

I am currently using my Nokia N97 mini for that - and it works reasonably well but I'd prefer a standalone unit.
Old 26th December 2010, 13:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Free GPS MapmyIndia - Fiat Referral Program

Just thought of sharing this image for the benefit of T-BHPians.

Free GPS MapmyIndia - Fiat Referral Program-fiat-referral-mailer-1.jpg
Old 27th December 2010, 12:41   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is surely the first time that a car manufacturer is using such a referral program. Guess the Linea & Punto's falling market performance has prompted Fiat to think out of the box. Either ways, I'm happy to see some fresh marketing initiatives in the industry. Fiat also knows that it doesn't have the mass market appeal as say, a Maruti or Hyundai. What better person to convince a potential customer than an existing Fiat owner! He'll surely do a 100X better job than a Fiat salesman
Old 27th December 2010, 13:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is surely the first time that a car manufacturer is using such a referral program. Guess the Linea & Punto's falling market performance has prompted Fiat to think out of the box. Either ways, I'm happy to see some fresh marketing initiatives in the industry. Fiat also knows that it doesn't have the mass market appeal as say, a Maruti or Hyundai. What better person to convince a potential customer than an existing Fiat owner! He'll surely do a 100X better job than a Fiat salesman
LOL! I am a live case here. I made kht motors sell 2 T-Jets (3 including mine) .. They just redirect the calling customer to me.
Old 27th December 2010, 14:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

I already referred a Friend as well as T-bhpian Sathya_sc (Linea T-Jet) and waiting for his delivery to get my MMI GPS Device
Old 27th December 2010, 14:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am a sceptic. Is this a reaction to Garmin setting up shop in India?
Old 27th December 2010, 23:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Saar,

Garmin etc will soon be a fringe player if you see the way android has integrated mapping into all the phones. garmin has nothing to do with it.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:47   #10

I Had referred a friend of mine to buy a Linea T-Jet not even being aware of the referral scheme running. post booking the sales person called me next day to inform me of the referral scheme. i was told to sms my friends cell number and was later sent a Unique ID too. The sales person also told me that Wasan Motors Chembur branch will forward the relevant papers to Fiat. Upon follow ups and later surfing the net i got to know that the the customer himself has to send the invoice copies to Fiat. Which i did around 1st month of January. And wrote a mail to Rajeev Kapoor,President and CEO & Shefali Chopra
Fiat India Automobile Limited. to which he promptly replied that it will be done. but then on its has been all downhill. my repeated inquiries have not been answered not any conformation or information given on the status of the referral
Old 28th January 2011, 07:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Not only Android but also Nokia phones with Symbian 3 - free maps and navigation forever on the new Nokia smartphones.
It works quite well as per my experience with N8. But frankly no phone GPS is quite as quick as the standalone GPS system especially while on the move -thats been my own experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Saar,

Garmin etc will soon be a fringe player if you see the way android has integrated mapping into all the phones. garmin has nothing to do with it.
Old 29th January 2011, 16:14   #12
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just got my free GPS from Mapmyindia today. I must say Fiat was quite quick with the followup. I sent in the papers on 14th Jan and I had a confirmation call from fiat by 19th followed up by another call from Mapmyindia for address confirmation on the 21st. Mapmyindia guys personally delivered the GPS and did not use a courier.

I think this promo is still on since I got a sms few days ago asking for referrals.

-Aniket
Old 30th January 2011, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
Hey Guys,

Just got my free GPS from Mapmyindia today. I must say Fiat was quite quick with the followup. I sent in the papers on 14th Jan and I had a confirmation call from fiat by 19th followed up by another call from Mapmyindia for address confirmation on the 21st. Mapmyindia guys personally delivered the GPS and did not use a courier.

I think this promo is still on since I got a sms few days ago asking for referrals.

-Aniket
Can you post some pics of the device. I too have referred one of my friends to buy the Punto and waiting eagerly for my GPS.
Old 30th January 2011, 15:38   #14
MCR
BHPian

Received the navigator on Friday. Its LX130 with India maps version 6.0.

MapmyIndia Navigator Lx130 : With India's best maps and driving directions | Turn-by-turn directions | Travel across India

I must say, this is better than my Travel Pilot Lucca. Thanks Fiat.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:31   #15

Got my Its LX130 with India maps version 6.0.last Friday been using it since !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks