Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2005, 19:24   #1
BHPian

How about w-matiz or e-matiz

Having gone through most of the post, I see a lot of e-zen's and b-zen's.

I have a Matiz and I was wondering if it was possible to do the following.

z-matiz - Matiz with Zen engine
or
w-matiz - Matiz with wagon r 1.1ltr engine
or
e-matiz - Matiz with esteem engine.

I feel that the Matiz feels more solid than the Zen (no offence Zen lover's),

I really like the matiz and if any of the above engine swaps are possible then
I think I'll change my mind about selling it.
Old 27th December 2005, 21:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think the engine bay's too small to take anything other than the 800 cc engine. I dunno........
Old 27th December 2005, 22:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Matix does feel more solid than the Zen. If I remember, it's the only, or one of the very few cars sold in India with strut braces.

The running gear of the Matiz is pretty similar to the Alto/M800. You could try the swap, shouldn't be too tough. The 1061cc mill from the Wagon R would be the best bet. But if you're just out for more power, there are much better ways to do it than just a mill swap!
Old 28th December 2005, 00:14   #4
BHPian

If getting more power from the 800cc mill is possible, I think it would be a better idea than swapping engines.

V1p3r can you make any suggestions.
I mean you said that there are other ways of extracting more power without on engine swap.
Old 28th December 2005, 00:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Hmmm...you could do many things. Start with a good air intake and complete exhaust system. Then you can work on the engine head. That should give some extra juice. Psycho will be able to point you in the right direction.[/SIZE]
Old 28th December 2005, 00:53   #6
BHPian

But won't this involve the same amount of time and money as plonking another engine?
I didn't think the 800cc can take much strain thats why i opted for the engine swap.

Further more the Matiz being out of production, parts are quite hard to come by and it's getting worse day by day. So I thought swapping would be more economical in the long run.
Old 28th December 2005, 01:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

If Iim not mistaken, the Matiz uses atleast the same engine, if not drivetrain and suspension, as the M800/Alto. Can any owner clarify? This would mean that costs of spares are not going anywhere in a hurry. And if you're really looking at being economical, stay away from the power game!!!
Old 28th December 2005, 02:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
If Iim not mistaken, the Matiz uses atleast the same engine, if not drivetrain and suspension, as the M800/Alto.
I thought it was same block but different head and fuel delivery, but I could be wrong there.
Old 28th December 2005, 02:27   #9
BHPian

Well I'll have to check if some of the parts are same.

So maybe I should just keep the stock engine and mod it up.
I wonder if the ECM can be remapped or modifications be made to the ECM.

And V1p3r, what I mean by economical, I mean economical in the parts category, for eg. Changing to a zen engine will possibly mean more performance parts as lots of people have modified their Zens.

I doubt that their are many perf. parts out their for the Matiz right now.

Wheeeeu..... sorry for typing so much.
Old 28th December 2005, 03:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are correct about perf parts not available fro matiz.. but like v1p3r said good airflow, exhaust, and shaved head should make a considerable difference for your car.. also if you do plan to change the engine and suppose you get to put in the esteem plant then i dont think and mods further will be req considering the weight of matiz and power of esteem engine should work pretty well.. also i have seen 800's with esteem engines.. with a little mod to the bonnet and the side fenders..
Old 28th December 2005, 03:34   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

is there enough space for any of these engine?i find the engine bay too cramped,i dont think any of these four cylinder engines will fit.
Old 28th December 2005, 14:31   #12
BHPian

If it's possible then It's gonna be really cramped. With a lot of modifications here and there.
I talked with my mechanic and he said that a Zen or Wagon R engine may be possible but he does not think that an esteem engine will fit.

Any suggestions Bhpian's
Old 28th December 2005, 20:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Zen engine with modfications should be pretty nice.......
Old 28th December 2005, 20:47   #14
BHPian

Lets go over it again...

Dear Bro...
Lemme throw some lite into the situation so u can understand the birds view.Like a brainstorming session.. No offense...

If performance is the requirement, I wud recommend mods on the engine rather than an engine swap.
The whole platform is different since the car(Daewoo) and the engine(Suzuki) is from a differnet brand.
Its not as easy as it sounds... Modifying the engine mount points and rest of the headache. U neva know, the engine might not fit into the chassis or the bay and might conflict with the Steering box... All kinda research shud be done to work on this.

Sounds okay!!! but think about this. Working late nite to find out whether the engine is gonna fit and lookin into all the possible issues and outcome to finalise that it was a total waste of time coz its not gonna give u the end result which was desired. Its not how u think it can be done, its all about doing it and claiming it can be done... So please dont hurry, coz someone(mechanic) thinks he can do it... Yes there is always the first person who takes the trouble of find if it is possible. But are u ready to bust you car with a test... U know that if this fails u will spoil ur car and its resale value...

Lets look at some performance mods on the car, since its a world car... It wont cost as much as the swap and u will get decent power from it.

Dont forget, like zen its a car built for basic use and to include a small engine. Changing the engine to a heavier and powerful one means reworking the suspension and brakes to have the driving stability and stopping power. (In case u want to swap for an esteem engine)

I am not tryin to prove that its not possible. I am reasoning whether its worth the trouble...

Also I totally agree that Matiz is much more stronger car than Zen.

Regards
Your brother
Neo
Old 28th December 2005, 21:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I thought it was same block but different head and fuel delivery, but I could be wrong there.
You are right, the engine first showed up in the Daewoo Tico and evolved into the Matiz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_S-TEC_engine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks