Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2011, 10:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pajero Power Boost

So we are looking at 30Hp gain in power & Torque goes up from 19.4 kg to 24.2 kg, so a gain of around 4.8kg....certainly sounds good.

What is the effect on fuel consumption & diesel smoke ?As of now my car gives out no smoke even on hard acceleration.

Thanks for posting the map.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2011, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Guys,

No update from Racetech folks. I was over at Red Rooster over the weekend and they informed me that they have the module for the modification and are waiting for their owner to comeback so that they can try it out on his Pajero.

They also mentioned that no other modification is required and there would be an improvement in the fuel efficiency.

Will check with them next week and upate.

Rgds
Old 4th April 2011, 19:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is Racetech not doing the power boost thing anymore or is it because Red Rooster has an option, Racetech has taken a back seat ?

Would look forward to your impression of the drive post the module install. How much would the install cost in Bangalore ? Improvement in fuel efficiency seems to be an added bonus. I wonder if the fuel consumption will decrease in the real world situation

Do keep us posted.

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 4th April 2011 at 19:31.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:50   #19
BHPian

Hi,

No news from Racetech guys with regards to the test drive. I also spoke with the RRR folks. They are using the tuning box by Spider ( Diesel tuning. Spider® diesel tuning performance systems for tuning all modern diesel cars vans and diesel truck.) and the tuning box would cost about Rs 26k~ 27k. On going through the above website and looking at the options for Mitsubishi I find that most are plug and play i.e. ECU type setups but for 2 engine types they have specifically mentioned that these are not plug an play.

Rgds

Manoj
Old 6th May 2011, 17:26   #20
BHPian

I was browsing the net regarding power upgrades for the Paj and I stumbled upon this.

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 TD (84-00) ECU POWER CHIP & FUEL SAVER - £49.99 : Tuning Wizard - High performance chip upgrades, fuel savers and much more, unleash your vehicles full potential.

How different is tit from the one which the Racetech guys are using?
Old 7th May 2011, 22:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that RRP has not gotten back to you if they have a solution on upping the power on the Pajero. So it is either not working or something somewhere is not right. Still glued to updates, as I feel that the Pajero with more power would be the ultimate SUV I would want !!!

Cheerio
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:11   #22
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd November 2011 at 14:28. Reason: see note in post
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Is Racetech not doing the power boost thing anymore or is it because Red Rooster has an option, Racetech has taken a back seat ?

Thanks
Hi Ricky,

We were testing hence the delay , testing is over
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetech View Post
Hi Ricky,

We were testing hence the delay , testing is over

AND ?? What are the results ?? How extensively has the test been done ?

Would appreciate if you could let me know

Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 15:46   #25
BHPian

A very interesting thread. Havent seen any updates, would like to know if any of the above options have worked out?
Old 25th February 2014, 00:19   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

hello,
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. My friend is in a dilemma. He is confused between a New safari Storme and a used Pajero SFX. Though he loves the SFX, the lack of power is keeping him away from them. So is there any solution to actually increase the power output of the 2.8 TD pajero?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks