Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2006, 23:34   #1
BHPian

Paint Protection

Hi All,

Getting myself a Black Baleno, is there any coating that can protect the paint from swirl marks, and make the paint job last in a dusty enviroment?

Thanks
Old 16th January 2006, 23:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Most will say TEFLON coating including your dealer. Do nothing except for taking good care. You're getting a black one...go through the trauma of keeping that black as proper rich black.

Go through few more threads here on car care...it'll help you, probably.
Old 17th January 2006, 00:05   #3
BHPian

Teflon gives a shine to your car and does not prevent scratches.
Black is a tough color to maintain and it just needs a regular wash with a good car shampoo. Wipe it with a clean soft cloth. you would have to polish your car more often than other colors.
If possible always use a hose to wash down your car, this would definitely help prevent swirl marks and fine scratches else use a wet cloth to wipe your car daily.
And as I see that you are from bangalore, the dust and pollution and the sand/ dust flying around, it does take a toll on your car paint.
Avoid parking your car in the sun and also avoid parking in unsheltered places.
Pay a visit to "Paint Bull" on Mission Road and you could get a rubbing a polishing done by them regularly and you would have your car paint in good condition.

Last edited by adit1329 : 17th January 2006 at 00:07.
Old 17th January 2006, 00:39   #4
BHPian

I also own black its worth it, sombdy suggested me for PU coat so hve given for a repaint with PU coat will post the feedback end of this week
Gud nt
W.A
Old 17th January 2006, 14:00   #5
BHPian

Minerals, dust and above all acid content in air affect ur paint. As Rudra rightly said, just wash it regularly and avoid rubbing of all sorts or keep it to minimum. Dont park under trees due to leaves, bird-dropping etc. and preferably in the shade. Ur paint shud last longer than ur car...
Enjoy cleaning....
Old 17th January 2006, 17:41   #6
BHPian

hey Poncho, well what i heard is that the TEFLON coating do help prevent light scratches.

What i got done on my Tucson was i got the whole car a CLEAR Coating.

Clear coating is done after painting the vehicle, thats for the gloss and all, and this extra layer of Clear Coat help in avoiding lil scratches, while making the car lil more glossy too.
Old 17th January 2006, 17:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

in bengalooru ,i know of a certain black car with bling wheels that looks more good after getting a 3M paint protection thing done...but then its not only the 3M treatment ...

some love,regular waxing and proper cleaning is also essential for maintaining the car as new ..

do a search and you will loads of information ...
Old 18th January 2006, 17:11   #8
BHPian

My Maruthi dealers is offering me something calle CPC, details - http://www.cpc-corp.com/pages/cpc-auto.html

They dont give a 5 year waranty in India but only for 1 year, I have also seen the waxoyl work its not bad, tough one ????

Yup you guys are right, all the stuff is good but without TLC the car is gonna look sad...
Old 20th January 2006, 22:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho
My Maruthi dealers is offering me something calle CPC, details - http://www.cpc-corp.com/pages/cpc-auto.html

They dont give a 5 year waranty in India but only for 1 year, I have also seen the waxoyl work its not bad, tough one ????

Yup you guys are right, all the stuff is good but without TLC the car is gonna look sad...
Hi Poncho, in my opinion all these coatings etc rovided by the dealer are more of a money making scam. It is nothing but a polish applied using a rotary polishing machine.
My reccomendation is
1. Wash your car with a nuetral (non wax) car shampoo once a week.
2. Use a water hose to wash away the dirt on a daily basis.
3. once a month polish your car using a good carnuba wax, you may also want to consider using Turtle Wax Colour Cure liquid wax. these are polishes meant for specific colours.
4. Once in six months get your car polished by a professional eg.paint bull

I reccomend you spend time on your car and do most of it yourself. You will get to know your car better.

If you still b'liv that 3M car detailing is worth the money, contact one Mr.Balaji at Solar Automobiles on St.Johns road. He will do the job for a very reasonable price.
Old 22nd January 2006, 14:53   #10
BHPian

hey the maruthi guys are offerin me a anti rust treatment for 5k...seems its got 3 yrs warranty...anyone out there who`s done it??
Old 22nd January 2006, 17:48   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
hey the maruthi guys are offerin me a anti rust treatment for 5k...seems its got 3 yrs warranty...anyone out there who`s done it??
Anti rust where?? 5k for what car? The 3M under body treatment for sail was for 2.5k.
Old 22nd January 2006, 22:15   #12
BHPian

Its in manlglore...mandovi motors...wel found out the proper details...sussposed to be under body anti rust treatment...for 3k..wit 3 years warranty...
Old 19th February 2009, 15:08   #13
BHPian

'Chennai Ford' is Quoting 3850/- for Waxoyl Paint Protection (Only exterior), I have a feeling Im being ripped.

Has anyone gone for Waxoyl paint protection lately ? Thanks

Last edited by 2theMax : 19th February 2009 at 15:11.
Old 19th February 2009, 15:54   #14
BANNED

As far as rust protection is concerned unless you are in an extremely harsh environment what the manufacturer gives you is enough. There used to be a treatment called Dinitrol which had an excellent reputation in Europe where salting of roads is common.

As for the paint coating in my view PU should be better that Teflon as it is much harder. however, there is nothing to protect the paint from the wandering street artists. I just wax the car regularly. Do not polish very heavily. When the polish stops 'beading' it is time to wax again.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

There is now a new "full molecular acrylic jacket" which is also done for paint protection, very very costly as much as the cost of an overcoat, but Im told its good. Have not tried because of the costs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks