Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/24991-article-choosing-right-set-tyres-your-car-58.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5468397)
Polo will do nicely with 205/55/16. Fill the wheel arches well. MRF Perfinza’s are well worth a try. Suggest change 4 tyres at one go. Keep the best one out of the existing set as your spare.

I'm a little apprehensive about upsizing because of the speedometer calibration issues, and also the cost factor. I would like to keep the stock size. My primary requirements are good grip levels, handling and stability, braking, tyre noise.

I am considering the perfinzas, but also the Conti UC6. I'd love to get Michelin P4ST but it's hard to get those. What's your recommendation between the Continental UC6 and MRF Perfinza?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedirah (Post 5468562)
I am considering the perfinzas, but also the Conti UC6. I'd love to get Michelin P4ST but it's hard to get those. What's your recommendation between the Continental UC6 and MRF Perfinza?

I've used MC5 in 205/55/16 in my GT TSI and they are very good tyres. In my opinion all three options are very good but P4ST > UC6 > Perfinza. If you can source the Michelins nothing like it, but otherwise Conti's will give you great grip and very low road noise for that price.

The upsize will not cause any considerable speedo error; cost difference may be worth it considering the handling improvement and braking efficiency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedirah (Post 5468562)
My primary requirements are good grip levels, handling and stability, braking, tyre noise.

Michelins are hard to come by in general especially in rim sizes like 16 and 17.
When my Michelin Pilot Sports 4 (205/55/16) on my Mini Cooper give up, I shall definitely go for Perfinzas.
The Perfinzas on my Dads car are soft, grippy round corners, great braking in both wet and dry conditions, provide a smooth supple ride and are silent. They are way better than the Yokohama Earth tyres which were on that car earlier.

Mods please merge this post with my earlier one.
I found this and hence posting it.

Some Info on MRF Perfinza tyres on a leaflet I found in Madhu’s today.

Folks, I own a 2016 Hyundai Creta SX+ that is running on 215/60R17 Brigestone Dueller H/Ps that came with the car. My running is fairly low and I have only done about 33,000 kms in 6.5 years with the car. I have had no problem with these tyres so far, but the driver side front tyre now refuses to hold air longer than a day, and so I am looking to swap them with a fresh set.

I am being offered a set of new Goodyear Assurance Triplemax tyres with a manufacturing date of late 2020 at a really good price. I know advice on the forum suggests getting tyres that are as fresh as possible, but I wanted to know what would be the drawbacks of putting on tyres of an older make on my car? I wouldn't normally consider these tyres, but they're about 60% cheaper than a set of new Bridgestone Duellers. Should I consider these Goodyears? Or am I better off getting a set of fresh Duellers, or maybe a set of Apollo Apterra Cross?

Some more context: The tyres have been stored indoors in a cool environment on a tyre rack throughout. The shop says these tyres will still have warranty - Goodyear's website too suggests tyres with a manufacturing date of within 5 years are covered under warranty.

As to why these tyres have sat at the shop for so long? It's because I am from a really small town and cars with 17-inch wheels aren't particularly common here. This tyre shop also opened only a few years ago and it's usually always empty, so I don't imagine it gets a lot of business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhinav667 (Post 5476810)
I am being offered a set of new Goodyear Assurance Triplemax tyres with a manufacturing date of late 2020 at a really good price. I know advice on the forum suggests getting tyres that are as fresh as possible, but I wanted to know what would be the drawbacks of putting on tyres of an older make on my car? I wouldn't normally consider these tyres, but they're about 60% cheaper than a set of new Bridgestone Duellers. Should I consider these Goodyears? Or am I better off getting a set of fresh Duellers, or maybe a set of Apollo Apterra Cross?

Some more context: The tyres have been stored indoors in a cool environment on a tyre rack throughout. The shop says these tyres will still have warranty - Goodyear's website too suggests tyres with a manufacturing date of within 5 years are covered under warranty.

As long as you are a sedate driver and who clocks decent kms on normal roads, it shouldn't be an issue. Creta is an on road SUV, so, you may opt for these.

But, if you are someone who pushes aggressively or someone who off-roads a bit, then you may think again on this choice. Considering the price offered, you can give it a try. Even if something doesn't workout during warranty, you will get replacement. Even in worst case, Financially, you would be in a good shape. Usually, Tires last for 4-5 years. So, you roughly have 3 years to use them safely.

Hi guys, need some advice.

My dad has a 2018 E220d LWB and the tyres are now due for a replacement. The options are either Michelin Primacy 3ZP or Pirelli Cinturato P7 (size 225 55 R17). Could someone suggest which one of these to take? I think both are RFTs.

Or if someone has experience with changing out from RFTs to regular tyres for the same car, it would be much appreciated!

Any recommendations for the best place in Bangalore to get the stock tyres replaced (exchanged at best price) for a brand new car? I do know if Madhu’s but haven’t heard the best reviews about them lately and also that they don’t offer the best exchange price. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Are the Goodyear dp b1 and v1 close enough to be interchangeable? My liva with dp b1 all around needs one tyre replaced and dpb1 seems no where in stock or at crazy prices. Can i use a dp v1 instead? Visually the pattern looks similar

Hi Friends,

I own a 2018 model Tata Tigor XZ Option Petrol car and it is now time to change the tires. They have come with 175/60 R15 tires. Is it advisable to change them to 195/60 R15?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Anurag.

I have a VW Polo 1.6 currently running 195/55 R16. Planning to upsize to 205/55 R16. I prefer handling, ride quality and cornering over durability. Kindly suggest the best options from Michelin, Continental and Bridgestone.

Also any pros and cons of upsizing?

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anurag1970 (Post 5505223)
Hi Friends,

I own a 2018 model Tata Tigor XZ Option Petrol car and it is now time to change the tires. They have come with 175/60 R15 tires. Is it advisable to change them to 195/60 R15?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Anurag.

I have the same tyre change dilemma for my 2017 Tigor XZA which comes with 175/60 R15 tires.

After some research I have decided to stick with the stock tyre size. However, I am confused with which tyre brand to go for this time. The stock bridgestone's have a lot of wear and tear specially the front ones, and the front right tyre has rapid air pressure drop problem (there is no puncture or any issue with valve). The car has only run 32 k kms.

I am thinking of going with GoodYear this time. Heard they are better than Brudgstone's.

Any other recommendations for brand of size 175/60 R15 ?

Any recommendations for the Creta 2020? I have done about 45K with stock JK Tyres.

Hello members,
Hope this is the right thread to post,
I’m looking for 225/45 R17 tyres and I have 2 options, Michelin Pilot sport 4 and ContiSportContact 5. Leaving the price aside, my dilemma is the PS4 are from Feb 2022 and CSC5 is 7 month old. I’m leaning more towards CSC5 purely based on age of tyres, is it okay to go ahead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RahulRV (Post 5526700)
my dilemma is the PS4 are from Feb 2022 and CSC5 is 7 month old. I’m leaning more towards CSC5 purely based on age of tyres, is it okay to go ahead?

It depends on your usage. If you have moderately high running, you'll end up wearing down the tyres much before their use-by date. Given that there's only a 6-month difference in the date of manufacturing, I'll suggest you go with the PS4s. I've been using them on my Octavia and they are phenomenal tyres for Indian roads.