Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 19:17   #46
BHPian

Re: My '74 Yezdi Type B Project!

Okay, had the first 'traumatic' experience with Mr B today. The clutch cable snapped that too near an army area. But still managed to drive for nearly 6kms!!! That is the wonder of Yezdi and its auto clutch mechanism!!! If it was some other bike, I would have been stuck. Anyways, got the inner wire changed for 20 bucks.
How is the friction free cable, are they effective ie prevent cable snapping??? Any one using them on Yezdis???
Old 26th May 2011, 14:44   #47
BHPian

Auto Clutch excellent feature in Jawa / Yezdis.

Hey any luck with the silencors...?

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 26th May 2011, 23:27   #48
BHPian

Hunt is one my friend. Most I found are in pretty bad shape. Came across some pathetic ones made of tins too!!!
Old 26th May 2011, 23:35   #49
BHPian

well i have given u one lead on ur mails did u check it out
jawabiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 09:10   #50
BHPian

Sam,
Am using an altered Kinetic cable for my clutch, and its lasted more than 4 years without any hitch. I replaced it as a cautionary measure before I got to Pune, and I'm guessing this one'll last another 4 years atleast.
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 10:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Sam,
Am using an altered Kinetic cable for my clutch, and its lasted more than 4 years without any hitch. I replaced it as a cautionary measure before I got to Pune, and I'm guessing this one'll last another 4 years atleast.
+1, same with me. Using them for long time now.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 00:02   #52
BHPian

Guys, what exact cable did you use??? If I just ask for Kinetic clutch cable will I get one??? Does Kinetic Honda have clutch???
And what alteration is required???
Voodochild, Satalkar uses a white friction free cable??? Is it the same thingy???
Old 7th June 2011, 23:19   #53
BHPian

Found a friction free cable today. Brand name is Supra, the outer covering is white in colour. Mech said it will last for some time and I have a friend who's Yezdi has been running with this cable for nearly a year. Let's see how long this one lasts.
Is it necessary to go into neutral while stopping the bike for sometime like let's say in traffic signals -- For Bullets applying clutch and holding the bike in any gear while stationary is a big no no as it can screw the clutch big time.
Old 13th June 2011, 03:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
Had put a brand new Jikov in my JAWA and the mech tried to do a lot of adjustment but still the damn thing gave problems, now using a paco rajdoot carb, brand new costed me Rs 850 in mumbai
I am restoring my '72 Jawa and I am looking for carburettors so maybe you can help me with a couple of questions.

1) Does the carburettor cover fit with the pacco?
2) Would you be willing to part with your Jikov?
Old 13th June 2011, 21:23   #55
BHPian

I think the carb cover would fit perfect. Both pacco and Jikov are of the same size and dimension. Just that Pacco is desi and Jikov is videshi!!!
Boss, most people are unwilling to part with their carbs or Yezdi/Jawa spares, atleast I wouldn't!!! Every spare shopwallah jacks up the price of Yezdi spares these days, one day it is Rs 500 for a piston and the next week it is 3000!! Some like the fella sitting at Jay Bharat in Nana Peth in Pune (yes, I am taking the name of the shop) speak very rudely when you ask for any Yezdi spare. They only sell it to mechs who often buy in bulk. So my hobby whenevery I go to Nana Peth is to irritate that Jay Bharat fella by asking him for Yezdi spares!!!
I think carbs are available down south man. Bangalore, Mysore is where you search around. Also ask team-bhp's yezdi experts like Voodoochild and RT13. Just PM them, they will tell you the names of the shops from where you can get carbs in Bangalore. By the way, my brother bought a carb for his Yezdi for 650 bucks from Kochi!!!
And please do post some pics of your bike restoration project!!!

Last edited by Leepower : 13th June 2011 at 21:29.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:44   #56
BHPian

Very True Leepower i also love to bug shopwners who have hyped up prices like anything.
I sort of have mix bag of experience with shopwallahs some were really good and gave me spares with original price list some where shrewd and cunning asked for exorbit prices.
Meanwhile have travelled lots of places in india to procure spares. but never have taken a single part for my J/Y from Pune as i know the rates in pune.

Meanwhile i also had procured Jikov carb SBD 2926 brand new for 550 / 650 bucks no wonder there as they were priced in that range when they were available

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 14th June 2011, 23:12   #57
BHPian

Jawabiker, but down south it is a different story. Shopwallahs there do not overcharge, atleast not the ones I went to in Bangalore. And my cousin got most the parts for his Yezdi roadking from Kochi itself. I guess it's because of more running yezdis and more people asking for sprares, unlike Pune and rest of Maharashtra.
One teambhpian (trammway) even did a non-profit sale of Yezdi parts. If there were more guys like him then it would have been a happy world for us Yezdiwallahs!!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ofit-sale.html

Last edited by Leepower : 14th June 2011 at 23:17.
Old 14th June 2011, 23:38   #58
BHPian

for such teambhpian like trammway. We jawa / yezdi owners / lovers often have to hunt far and wide for even a small spare like clutch road, gear selectors which are not available in normal or new spares shops.

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 13th October 2011, 00:06   #59
BHPian

What is the ideal tyre pressure for our Yezdis??? The company manual says 25 in front and 30 in rear. A Yezdi expert says 27 in both front and back. I am pretty confused!!!
Old 13th October 2011, 00:32   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
The cop was pretty curious about the bike -- konsa bike haiiii???. konsa sal ka haiii???, average kitna deta hai??? Showed him all the necessary documents and he let me go by saying Mast gaadi haiii!!!
Thats Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
As I told you when you were headed to Bangalore, your best bet is to shop around for a pair of used pipes (not very difficult) which haven't been opened up and without much rust and get them done up. That's the only remedy. Unless you can locate someone who stockpiled new originals..
LIKE ME !!!! ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Where can I get original Yezdi silencers??? I am not too happy with Mr B's roar!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks