Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 18:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Which bike for the best fuel economy ?

I hear that the Honda Shine give mileage upwards of 80 kmpl. You might want to look that up too.

Prajwal
Old 20th March 2012, 13:30   #62
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Bumping this thread for my query. I intend to buy a bike for my commute from Home to office (Ambarnath to Goregaon - 50 kms 1 side to be precise). Can't afford to take my car because of fuel prices. I have been travelling by train and bus till now. The journey is very time consuming.

I am looking at the 150 cc segment. Which bike should I buy ?
Old 20th March 2012, 22:30   #63
BHPian

@Sabareesh :
for commuting, have a look at the Honda Unicorn , Honda Dazzler , Suzuki GS150R and Hero CBZ Xtreme. Won't recommend the Pulsar 150 and Yamaha FZ as much, the FZ for it's fuel consumption and the Pulsar is generally buzzier, somewhat less comfortable.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:43   #64
BHPian

Hi friends i need some suggestions from all of you guys. I am really getting frustrated to travel in car these days because of the traffic in Bangalore. So i am planning to switch back to bike just like my college days.

Priority:
1)Good comfort seating position and should not result in back pain( Very important)
2) Reasonable mileage. I am ok with 45-50kmpl.

Ideas in mind:
Dazzler or Hunk or CBZ extreme or SZ-R.

Budget:- No issues.

Daily travel- At least 40-50kms.

I am a heavy person so the bike should pull me. Please don't suggest splendor.Not that splendor is bad , its because it will not suit me. I am basically interested in 150 cc bikes.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi Guys,

Bumping this thread for my query. I intend to buy a bike for my commute from Home to office (Ambarnath to Goregaon - 50 kms 1 side to be precise). Can't afford to take my car because of fuel prices. I have been travelling by train and bus till now. The journey is very time consuming.

I am looking at the 150 cc segment. Which bike should I buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends i need some suggestions from all of you guys. I am really getting frustrated to travel in car these days because of the traffic in Bangalore. So i am planning to switch back to bike just like my college days.

Priority:
1)Good comfort seating position and should not result in back pain( Very important)
2) Reasonable mileage. I am ok with 45-50kmpl.

Ideas in mind:
Dazzler or Hunk or CBZ extreme or SZ-R.

Budget:- No issues.

Daily travel- At least 40-50kms.

I am a heavy person so the bike should pull me. Please don't suggest splendor.Not that splendor is bad , its because it will not suit me. I am basically interested in 150 cc bikes.
For both of you, I will suggest you look at the Hunk.
The Hunk is a very comfortable bike over long distances (I used to do a 35 Km one way commute), returns decent FE (45-52), is low on maintenance and very quick (initial accelaration). I am heavily built (95Kgs, 6Ft, 44 Inch shoulders). This bike suited me to the 'T'. It also comes with adjustable rear shockers (which are Nitrox gas chamber type), is low on maintenance.

The other suggestion would be to look at the Dazzler *looks are subjective* which shares most mechanicals with the hunk. It is also an excellent bike though.

One last option that I would have is to look at the discover 150. It is a nice bike, gives good FE (52-60+), has a nice stance which is comfortable for distances, is decent in terms of maintenance. Packs a punch (very high PtW ratio) Only lacks the look!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks