Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R: another ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
There is a shop that sells paint protection film here in Blore but it does not match up to the quality of those films sold abroad. The thickness of the film is lesser compared to the imported ones but otherwise it looks like it will do the job. A fellow rider in my group got it for his ninjette and i'm waiting for him to send me details of the shop.

Will keep you posted on the pricing etc. If you're interested i can procure it for you and courier it to your address.

Aditiya, According to the owner of the 3m car care store here in Bangalore they are launching the 3M Paint Protection Film in 2-3 months time.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:14   #32
BHPian

Took the motorcycle out for a ride to Lonavla yesterday. Covered 320km. Riding impressions:

biggest impression? Holy high-revving two-wheeler, Batman, it's a quick motorcycle! Quicker than I am, at any rate. Now I REALLY want to put in some track time so that I can learn to ride better.
Weird thing happened - boots slipped off the pegs twice, thankfully it happened only when I was shifting weight so no harm done. Must refine technique, I suppose.
Peak power is at 11,000 but redline has to be visited for maximum punch.
It isn't soft at high revs - everyone can hear it clearly if you pin it.

Haven't filled fuel yet, but will get back later today when I have to report the efficiency. It'll be excessively good, I think, because I was riding sedately for the most part.

No images yet, I'm afraid; all my photographer friends are waiting for a dry spell before they shoot it. Have got a single tracking shot for those of you who like images along with my text. THe 'oven gloves' are overgloves -I was expecting rain which, obviously, didn't fall until AFTER I'd taken the overgloves off, thus ruining my perfectly good non-waterproof ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R: another ownership review-me.jpg  

Last edited by isodope : 8th August 2011 at 13:18.
isodope is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 14:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whoa you seem to be pretty tall. The bike looks a bit small for you.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:38   #34
BHPian

Missed the Ride this time, but next time I will try and be there with the Ninja
Old 8th August 2011, 15:51   #35
BHPian

Just did the math: 30kpl. Now I'm going to try to ride hard and see how much that affects the fuel efficiency

@Aditya: I'm just six feet tall but God saw fit to give me legs that a stork would be proud of. Even on the Ninja when I take a small U turn I put my knee out, else the handlebar hits my knee! Imagine what I look like on the R15 :P I fit well (and look proportionate) only on the full-sized motorcycles. Maybe someday I'll get me a Bandit. Fingers crossed.

@Vishal: Soon, buddy. Else you say which weekend you're free and we'll just up and go, what?
Old 8th August 2011, 16:04   #36
BHPian

I am free this Sunday, hope the anniversary ride is on Sunday and not Monday.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:38   #37
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion, n_aditya - have read Sport Riding Techniques and found it immensely useful.

Saree guard taken off because it gets impossible to clean the left side of the swingarm - and that's necessary cleaning because of the chain fling. Embossed number plates have gone on; the monsoon's tar spots have been removed. Engine oil changed from mineral to semi-synth (what the R15 uses.) The difference is surprising. She's a little more vocal and there's a little more vibes, but the response to throttle input has changed substantially. Am happy.

On another note, a friend is now looking at picking up a used Ninja 250 or 650 in the Mumbai/Thane/Pune area. If you know of someone who's selling, please do let me know.

Last edited by isodope : 16th November 2011 at 09:41.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
On another note, a friend is now looking at picking up a used Ninja 250 or 650 in the Mumbai/Thane/Pune area. If you know of someone who's selling, please do let me know.
Personally i am not aware of any ninja's that are going on sale in my friends circle but there are quite a few available on the team bhp classifieds section itself. Do check it out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, n_aditya - have read Sport Riding Techniques and found it immensely useful.
Do also try and get hold of Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code. Part 2 is available on DVD while part1 is available as an eBook and in hard copy.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th November 2011 at 10:27.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:36   #39
BHPian

Finished reading and watching Twist of the Wrist long ago. Found David L. Hough's and Nick Ienatsch's books more relevant for my riding, although Keith Code makes it really easy to understand the effects of what you do on the bike.
Old 16th November 2011, 18:26   #40
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here are some books which might help.

1. Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well (David Hough)

2. More Proficient Motorcycling: Mastering the Ride (David Hough)

3. Street Strategies: A Survival Guide for Motorcyclists (David Hough)

4. Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques (Lee Parks)

5. Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track (Nick Ienatsch)

6. Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Roadracers Handbook (Keith Code)

7. Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding (Keith Code)
Thanks for the list Adi!

I finished reading Total Control by Lee Parks. Excellent read and some great drills covered. Might get a copy of Performance Riding Techniques by Andy Ibbot soon.
Old 16th November 2011, 20:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on 'The upper half of the motorcycle'.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:15   #42
BHPian

While we're on the subject of books, have just finished reading Adventure Riding Techniques by Robert Wicks. Brilliant book - tells you how to deal with different surfaces - and cultures while touring. Lots more information on how to prepare for a motorcycle tour that I haven't found anywhere in my (admittedly limited) reading so far.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:24   #43
BHPian

Mr. Pennefather, you should have called a day before the ride na. Anyway let me know when you plan the next one.
Old 3rd December 2011, 21:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Mr. Pennefather, you should have called a day before the ride na. Anyway let me know when you plan the next one.
Those rides happened long ago Will definitely call you for the next one, but it won't be anytime soon. Will call you for something else, though.

Have ordered a +1 tooth front sprocket. Should arrive by the end of Dec, so probably should see the difference in January. Will try and get as much detail as possible on the difference.
Old 9th December 2011, 21:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:
There is a shop that sells paint protection film here in Blore but it does not match up to the quality of those films sold abroad. The thickness of the film is lesser compared to the imported ones but otherwise it looks like it will do the job. A fellow rider in my group got it for his ninjette and i'm waiting for him to send me details of the shop.
Hi Aditya,

It would be great if u could post the details of the shop where the Paint Protection Film was purchased. I am interested in looking into it over the weekend sometime.

Cheers!

Prajwal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks