Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 20:53   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I understand. I'm in the process of procuring a pre-worshipped specimen as it fits in my budget as of now. So wanted to know if some clean punchy "race box" formula could brighten up things a bit. Saw a guy get one for his YZF-R so thought it would be a good idea if it could work on a baby Honda too.
PowerTronics are reliable and safe bet. Mind you, there are lots of "tooners" out there, who "follow a blue-print" setup and isn't reliable for the most part. PowerTronic is available for the CBR and they are a very friendly bunch, which in my book is very important. They do give you customized maps, and help by the clock and all questions regarding installation are thoroughly clarified.

Case in point, they help you set the right map for a free flowing exhaust coupled with a performance air filter and a map suited specifically for your setup so that all three work in tandem.

My suggestion, give 'em a holler.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 28th October 2018, 21:18   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
PowerTronics are reliable and safe bet. Mind you, there are lots of "tooners" out there, who "follow a blue-print" setup and isn't reliable for the most part. PowerTronic is available for the CBR and they are a very friendly bunch, which in my book is very important. They do give you customized maps, and help by the clock and all questions regarding installation are thoroughly clarified.

Case in point, they help you set the right map for a free flowing exhaust coupled with a performance air filter and a map suited specifically for your setup so that all three work in tandem.

My suggestion, give 'em a holler.

Cheers!
VJ
Thanx for the tip mate. I'll keep that as the first option.
Old 29th January 2019, 22:53   #633

Do you believe in Deja Vu @aargee? I started going through this thread yesterday because I got myself a CBR 250R (christened Nimbus) 10 days ago and I finished the thread today having garnered a massive amount of respect for you on completing 100000 kms.

Right after I finished the thread, I took Nimbus for her first service straight to Egmore Didar Motors. And I think you know exactly who I met there. 0050! I spoke to Mr. Rajashekar about the Deja Vu I just went through and he told me you left it for service this morning. Nice chap he was BTW. Very professional.

So yeah.. What do you think about this coincidence? That I would turn up at the exact service centre where your bike is on the same day. And right after reading the entire thread. Still in a state of "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!".
cruze'ader is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 01:21   #634
BHPian

Does anyone know how much the new led headlight unit costs definitely and if the service centers retrofit for old models? I'm sure it would need the new switchfor the headlight to be fit too.
Old 20th March 2019, 01:55   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Does anyone know how much the new led headlight unit costs definitely and if the service centers retrofit for old models? I'm sure it would need the new switchfor the headlight to be fit too.

Yes - had posted it in the previous page.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4449504 (Honda CBR 250R Review)
Old 9th September 2019, 15:02   #636
BHPian

Replaced the front brake pads on my Greyhound and I was astonished to see the reduction in spare part prices by Honda. Front brake pads now cost 600 bucks approx. as compared to 1800 bucks a couple of years back. This has really made bike more affordable as compared to earlier.

This might have happened due to stiff competition from KTM in last few years and CBR sales almost being negligible. Long live competition!
rahulba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:15   #637
Senior - BHPian

FUELLING QUESTIONS

Off late there were questions on refueling CBR 250R for FE or range or both. I've properly tested & below are my findings...
  • It is possible to refuel to brim & also doesn't seem to cause harm in a period of over 1+ year
  • Brim is as shown in the picture
  • If ridden at unmentionable speeds, you can still get 350 Km range easily & if ridden in sane 90-100 Kmph speeds, 400 Km is a joke
  • Use this type of refueling during the day although I've kept it like this overnight & ridden next morning, nothing happened
  • My claim, not tested, is atleast 14-15 liters is being accommodated using this method
  • So, if your FE is 32 Kmpl, 13X32 = 400+ Km, however, the blinking will start around 320 Km, but one can safely ride for another 80 more Km to find a fuel station
Honda CBR 250R Review-img_20210419_103924.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 19th April 2021 at 11:18.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 11:22   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
17-June - Called up by 3:00 PM & they ask me to come; I was there by 4:30 & they hand over me the invoice & insurance copy. Meanwhile, I'd my own set of check lists. They carry out PDI in front of me & I also check up for few things. I found they missed out one piece of tool & noticed the fuel is blinking a bar indicating less than 3L of fuel. They oblige to both topping the fuel as well as the tool. By 5:30 I leave to home, get the number plates fixed by myself, take Wifey & go out to Padavattamman temple at Lucas TVS, Padi. Get the regular Puja done; fill to brim & take a short spin from Puzhal to Ambattur through Chennai Byepass keeping my rev under 4K which is actually 60 Kmph. End of the day have done about 99 Kms.
Reminiscing this day that year, which is a decade ago!! Holy crap!! When you say a decade!! it sounds so long ago & then when I turn to the garage, she's still that young...winks at me, reminds me of all the trips, all the moments, all the share & care on the bare lands we've been together. It's hard to believe this motorcycle is with me for last 10 years & scary that it has to appear for FC in the next 5 years
Honda CBR 250R Review-img_20210617_112320.jpg
aargee is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 22:02   #639
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful achievement Ganesh ji. Honestly, time just flies with this beauty, still a garage queen, the bike hasn't aged one bit. The bike, in a subtle fashion, still is a very capable machine. The styling just doesn't bother to be re-scalped, the CBR I think will be timeless design testament to that.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:17   #640
Senior - BHPian

And this happened few minutes ago. Finally the picture of ODO with low fuel
Honda CBR 250R Review-img_20210923_085205.jpg
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 09:47   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Polished after several months; can't recall when I polished last time. Not a real attention to detail work, but glad the shine had been restored.

Products used
1. Ultima Waterless Wash
2. Meguiars's Ultimate Polish
3. Meguiars's Applicator Pad
4. Collinite 845 Liquid Wax
Ganesh sir, i am a newbie here and i have closely followed your posts on the CPR on other bhp forum. She looks in good state after munching so many Kms. Kudos to you.

where did you get these products from ?

Products used
1. Ultima Waterless Wash

Any leads would be appreciated.

I got 2 and 3 from a online store but, how to get number 1 and 4 ?

Cheers,
Sanjay
Sanjay_Sangar27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:16   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 View Post
Products used
1. Ultima Waterless Wash

Any leads would be appreciated.

I got 2 and 3 from a online store but, how to get number 1 and 4 ?
Here you go sir...
1. Ultima Waterless Wash

Thanks for your kind words

CPR
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 10:15   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go sir...
1. Ultima Waterless Wash

Thanks for your kind words

CPR
Ganesh sir,

could you please send me a pm of your contact number or email id? I would like to know more about the aux light setup on your CPR.

Interested in the make and model of your aux light and the wiring diagram of the same.

I do not see the option to PM you yet

Cheers,
Sanjay
Old 1st October 2021, 11:54   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 View Post
Interested in the make and model of your aux light and the wiring diagram of the same
Sir, I bought mine when LED's were new babies in market; today they're flooded in market & are way too superior in every aspect compared to my puny 10+10W setup.

Try to get something like 20-25W setup not exceeding 50W in total & that should be like some 4000-5000 lm bright enough to blind the oncoming traffic
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:58   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, I bought mine when LED's were new babies in market; today they're flooded in market & are way too superior in every aspect compared to my puny 10+10W setup.

Try to get something like 20-25W setup not exceeding 50W in total & that should be like some 4000-5000 lm bright enough to blind the oncoming traffic
Wiring diagram? Since you have completed comprehensive number of kms on your bike, I trust you have done it properly. Please explain wiring diagram.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st October 2021 at 12:26. Reason: Please use proper punctuation and capitalisation while composing posts. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks