Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 00:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Poor HH experience and a TD of RTR 180 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
H(Z)ero Honda ?

I called up a HH showroom. There are no CBZ-Xs or Hunks or ZMAs available for even display! Forget Test rides!

ZMR is there but for some lame reasons, they won't give me a test ride.

Called up the HH toll free number who gave me the regional office number....

....- Cruisability - Max I could do was 75 km/h.
- Ergonomics - I was not concentrating on this.
- Electricals - Lights and Horn - Enough Daylight and less chance to Honk
That is so very well put together.I ride RTR180 daily but even then I am flabbergasted by your words.That is one unbiased and very brilliantly put together piece of info.I wouldn't think twice before thanking you.

My cousin is also very confused between these two (ZMA and the RTR abs).As he has ridden my bike for a few thousand kilometers and had an A150 earlier he's thinking to switch loyalties from TVS to HH now.I will make him read your post for sure.It will help him to be loyal towards the brand.

Jokes apart,the only problems with the RTR are:

-It vibes/massages all your body parts and that of the pillion without listening to anyone.
-***..You need to check it before.They make or ruin your bike completely.
-Tires-They grip but they don't tell you much is the grip.There's no feedback whatsoever from the rubber.Using the word 'Crap' for them is an understatement.Let me check my dictionary and find some bad-bad-words!

Coming to your query back again,

Cruisability is fine,I would say.When you are doing numbers above 70-75kph and less than 110kph it isn't what you call vibey or a massager.Sure,it's not a butter-smooth Honda but it's not a grinder either.Wear a good snug fit helmet and a pair of gloves,most of the massaging issues are gone.

Ergonomics- As long as you don't care it wouldn't matter much.I tour a lot on my bike and I do not concentrate on that part.Just the matter of getting the hang.And I am more into the high-rev zone and cornering stuff so doesn't matter much to me.

Electricals- Not at all an issue, brother.Horn is VERY loud and Apache has got one of the best reflectors in business.If your riding is confined to city only,look no further.
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 08:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
I have had a Apache RTR160 since June'2008 and believe me till this day even after riding it almost everyday since buying it , I am still excited to ride it and have a big smile on my face when I revv it hard .

All I can say is that the ABS 180 is the best bike ~ 1Lakh in my view , and believe me you will not be disappointing after buying it.

but if you consider it a 'bit to small' for your liking , you can look into HH Karizma which is a great bike to own too !
Nice to know that you still like your RTR 160.

I don't think HH is worth considering. ZMA is a great bike but where is HH service leading ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
That is so very well put together.I ride RTR180 daily but even then I am flabbergasted by your words.That is one unbiased and very brilliantly put together piece of info.I wouldn't think twice before thanking you.

Cruisability is fine,I would say.When you are doing numbers above 70-75kph and less than 110kph it isn't what you call vibey or a massager.Sure,it's not a butter-smooth Honda but it's not a grinder either.Wear a good snug fit helmet and a pair of gloves,most of the massaging issues are gone.

Ergonomics- As long as you don't care it wouldn't matter much.I tour a lot on my bike and I do not concentrate on that part.Just the matter of getting the hang.And I am more into the high-rev zone and cornering stuff so doesn't matter much to me.

Electricals- Not at all an issue, brother.Horn is VERY loud and Apache has got one of the best reflectors in business.If your riding is confined to city only,look no further.
Thanks Shivank!

Yes, 80 kmph is good enough for me and I'm sure this one will be good at that.

The Headlight cannot match 60/55 of my P180 but shouldn't disappoint either. It is full DC which means I should get a consistent brightness.

The one I TD'ed came with OSRAM bulbs. I may consider the Philips 35/35 which claims 30% more light.
Old 27th July 2011, 23:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post

Thanks Shivank!

Yes, 80 kmph is good enough for me and I'm sure this one will be good at that.

The Headlight cannot match 60/55 of my P180 but shouldn't disappoint either. It is full DC which means I should get a consistent brightness.

The one I TD'ed came with OSRAM bulbs. I may consider the Philips 35/35 which claims 30% more light.
Another added advantage apart from the ABS is this full DC setup.Previous Apaches are all AC setup and fitting a bigger wattage bulb has always been an issue.Sorry as I had forgotten to mention it before.So,for nearly 10 grand you get ABS as well as a full DC setup.That's a steal of a deal if you are confused between the RTR lineup only.

Fitting HIDs would be a breeze in DC setup.I checked with various mechanics asking them to convert the AC setup of my bike to DC.That alone was quoted for 1500-2000 bucks.

I guess,the illumination worries of yours are gone as well..Now what's stopping you from getting one?
Old 28th July 2011, 08:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Another added advantage apart from the ABS is this full DC setup.Previous Apaches are all AC setup and fitting a bigger wattage bulb has always been an issue.Sorry as I had forgotten to mention it before.So,for nearly 10 grand you get ABS as well as a full DC setup.That's a steal of a deal if you are confused between the RTR lineup only.

Fitting HIDs would be a breeze in DC setup.I checked with various mechanics asking them to convert the AC setup of my bike to DC.That alone was quoted for 1500-2000 bucks.

I guess,the illumination worries of yours are gone as well..Now what's stopping you from getting one?
Shivank,

I cannot fit HID until my bike is under warranty right ?

I have the following bikes on my list.

Pulsar 220, HH CBZ-Xtreme, HH ZMA, Yamaha FZ/Fazer and RTR 180.

I will make a decision once I TD all of these
Old 28th July 2011, 11:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So,for nearly 10 grand you get ABS as well as a full DC setup.That's a steal of a deal if you are confused between the RTR lineup only.
Ah this is news for me. I was not aware that the RTR180 has a DC set up. Is it only on the ABS model or even the non-ABS RTR180 is a DC set up?

EDIT: Given the beam throw and illumination from the stock headlamp, which is the best I have seen in a 35W set up, HID would hardly be required IMHO.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th July 2011 at 12:00.
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:09   #36
BHPian

Re: What Bike ? - 1L OTR

Update:

Guys, I have almost decided on the RTR 180 with ABS.

HH is ruled out because of not so good A.S.S and I don't like the new name Hero MotoCorp.

I am not keen on buying a Bajaj again and I cannot wait months for a Honda.

Yamaha bikes are good but the ABS in the RTR is very tempting!

Tomorrow, I am going for a test ride of the FZ/Fazer and will make my final decision.

Do you people think I am missing anything here.

Comments/Suggestions Please!

Last edited by para_7k : 3rd August 2011 at 19:19.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:32   #37
BHPian

Had a quick test ride of the new CBZ Xtreme yesterday. It was a colleagues and about 15 days old.

I cannot give a detailed report as the ride was too brief.

Summing up based on my experience:

Positives:

- Looks, It looks great IMO, and the new brown is awesome. (See pic from web)

- Engine is refined, mid range is good. Gear shift is precise.

- Improved Ride quality is good, given the new gas charged suspension at the rear and the new seat.

- Fit and Finish is really good and the new Digital-Analog console is super!

Negatives:

- Kick start lever is gone. In the interest of good battery life, it should have been there. Yamaha has now put it on FZ and Fazer.

- Brakes. Something was missing in them always. Comes with front and rear discs but the bite/progression was lacking.

- 80/100 x 18 tyres on the front is welcome but they still come with tubes.

- Some Ugly bits are still there. Red spark plug cover, red springs, orange reflectors on mud guard etc.,

Overall rating - 7.5/10 - Great bike let down by shoddy A.S.S

My colleague was not too happy with the sales experience as well.

Will I buy it ? - NO, except for the Engine the RTR has it all and the questionable A.S.S is putting me off.
Attached Thumbnails
What Bike ? - 1L OTR-cbz.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 15:57   #38
BHPian

Hey para_7k, having been in a similar situation 6 months back, I can tell you hand on heart, go for a ZMA-R. You will really not regret it. It's a great bike on the highways, manageable in the city (trust me, I commute 50km a day!).

It maybe low on features and look a bit dated, but it's still one of the best out there.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Further to my post# 35, can Shivank or Para please confirm if the DC set up is common to the RTR180 or exclusive to ABS model alone. As I am getting conflicting info from the sales person. They are saying its an AC set up.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:29   #40
BHPian

Apache RTR 180 with ABS is an excellent bike. I did the test ride a month back and its performance is very good. The breaking is spot on and you can cruise between 70kmph to 80 Kmph without much effort. I did notice some vibrations around 75 Kmph mark but not so much that it will influence the ride quality. IMO this bike is excellent package - performance, comfort, value and safety for the price it is selling in the market. Unlike Honda or Bajaj or Hero Motors, where they have to deal with a large volume of servicing bikes I am sure TVS has considerable lesser volume to deal with and after sales services must be good.
Old 11th August 2011, 16:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Further to my post# 35, can Shivank or Para please confirm if the DC set up is common to the RTR180 or exclusive to ABS model alone. As I am getting conflicting info from the sales person. They are saying its an AC set up.
Hey..I am very sorry mate that I couldn't reply to your post earlier.I have been quite busy for the last 10-15 days.

Anyway here is your answer,the RTR 180 ABS is the only one to have a DC setup. Other models including the 180 are all AC.

@ Para

Have you decided on any of the bikes?

My friend has recently bought the Karizma R for daily commute.I rode it and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. The engine is still a gem and feels torquier in any of the gear. But brakes are a big-big let down if you compare it with the RTR or any double-disc bike in the market.There was so much going power but not much stopping to it.

Great bike,enough poke in the engine but sadly no brakes!
Old 11th August 2011, 17:43   #42
BHPian

All,

Sorry for the late update.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I have to break the news now. My latest acquisition is the Yellow Streak FZ-S.

Pics and Report to follow soon.

Sales Experience was rather smooth and only glitch is that the crash guard is not available in stock

I'm already liking the engine a lot and I'll soon pour in my report.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:25   #43
BHPian

^^

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

That's a very well and sensible choice made.

Now when do we get to see it? Upload some pics fast!
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 20:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics and report!

Should look awesome in yellow!
Old 11th August 2011, 21:06   #45
BHPian

Someone mentioned about the new Pulsar getting launched in a month or two. Are there any spy pics on the internet? If yes, could you please link them here?

@para_7k

Congrats for your FZ. Looking forward to your review and what made you change your decision from Apache to FZ.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks