Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 23:10   #31
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Re: Running errands has never been this much fun !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its just marking its territory, worry not!

Bullet is not a Bullet if its doesn't leak oil !
I suspect its creating too much pressure within the crankcase, causing some to leak through the oil seal. Will lower the oil level to specified level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The oil level should not be....
Thanks a ton for the tips !! will check out the stores you recommend

Have some ideas for paniers, will start a thread when I get around to fabricating them
Old 16th November 2011, 04:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
...It's one of two blacks that arrived the previous day, saw them being unloaded. I think it has to do with me working for a car dealership in their neighbourhood and the brother of the owner is working with us, which I discovered later....
You may be correct but I would like to think they received a motorcycle that had been ordered and then the order was canceled shortly before it was delivered.

I'm aware that some preferential treatment is done by some in all countries but when it happens, in my opinion, it speaks very poorly of the honesty and integrity of the people who do it.

It is highly unfair to those who play by the rules and get dumped on for doing so.

Anyway, enjoy the ride. These new RE's are definitely fun to ride.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 15:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Was at one even this morning

Quote:
Deepak's is a fuel injected 1998 example.
Oh ok! Mine was an older carburetted version

Quote:
Woaah, didn't know you were into bikes bud, thought the Norton was a part of your 'classics' apetite.
Well was heavily into bikes untill i lost a dear friend on a 650 Yamaha. I dont remember the model it was a YZF or a FZ or something like that. It was a shaft driven bike and he shifted to a low gear when in high speed on Haji Ali Circle (when it existed), the rear wheel locked over gravel, he must be doing around 60kmph at that time and the bike just threw him out. He hit is head on the circle perimeter never to gain conscionable again. This incident took a toll on me and i almost lost interest in sports bikes or bikes in general . I had four bikes then, A Honda CX 500 Shaft, a Yamaha XS 750 Virago, A Yamaha IT 250 trail, A Suzuki GSX 1000 Katana. Sold them all one by one in a span of a few months.
But as they say the "Keeda" never goes, bought a few bikes again but realised im not the sports bike kinda guy after the incident. stuck to conventional tourers and cruisers and then the traffic suddenly grew, i joined work full time so could not do "rakhad-patti" at Scandal Point in Breach Candy anymore. Now an rediscovering bikes, not as a means of transport but just for the fun quotient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its just marking its territory, worry not!

Bullet is not a Bullet if its doesn't leak oil !
You bet, just like a Jeep is not a Jeep till it guzzles and drips oil
Old 16th November 2011, 22:47   #34
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
I would like to think they received a motorcycle that had been ordered and then the order was canceled shortly before it was delivered.
In all fairness to the dealer you may be spot on. Well I guess I had my name written on this one so it came home out of turn
Old 17th November 2011, 00:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then I thought, even if its errands why not have some fun.

Congrats DKG on a wonderful wonderful bike, I saw one on the road today and i could not resist from tapping the rider on his shoulder and congratulating him on a wonderful possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
She looks amazing, congrats on your new ride. A 2 wheeler is a boon in our congested cities. But 7 months waiting for a bike? Man, its a monopolistic market for Enfield.
Yes, that is very true. 6-7 months is the waiting time normally. I do agree with my good friend techno here that these RE showroom snobs will not actually give away a bike that easily, I too know people in this business, that is why I am more surprised than techno. It would take a lot of strings to pull, not just the brother working in your dealership, I am not talking about the cheque because cheques once issued and do not clear is a criminal offence and no one is going to take that risk. Anyway, good luck on your 'errands'.

They instantly recognised it as an earth within the alternator and confidently told me about it and seem to have fixed it as I've been riding it primarily in the night with headlights and it seems to hold charge. Haven't bothered to check if the charging current shows on a meter but I reckon they have resolved the problem. It's apparently a common problem[/quote]
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 08:39   #36
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats DKG on a wonderful wonderful bike, I saw one on the road today and i could not resist from tapping the rider on his shoulder and congratulating him on a wonderful possession.
The Harley if not for its looks draws a crazy amount of attention with the drama it creates on road, and I had resigned myself to accepting all that attention on the road. Then the Thar came along and its crazy how much attention it draws. People just can't seem to digest an immaculately finished Jeep and that too with a super smooth diesel. I keep getting asked questions
about the Jeep and have gotten used to patiently answering them.

So when I got the 500 I said to myself finally I can dissappear into the crowd and simply go about my work without notice and was I wrong! The 500 draws loads of stares, moreso now that I have the pillion seat off. The other day I was amused when at a signal a public transport bus driver shouted out a volley of questions and I ended up answering them all with a smile ! Fellow bikers at signals are curious and I had a shop keeper wonder if I had just restored it.

I guess the 500 is a beautiful machine and strikes a chord with many. Like the Jeep there is a genuine connect with people which is deeply enjoyable to watch

I do keep it spotlessly clean and am sure that adds to its attractiveness amongst otherwise filthy poorly maintained commuter bikes(I am apalled as to how poorly maintained Hyderabad commuter bikes are).
Old 17th November 2011, 11:37   #37
BHPian

A few years ago running 'errands' on a bullet would have seem as crazy as asking a Goan restaurant for a breakfast at 7am

The carefree attitude (fill it - shut it- forget it & kick start & go anywhere without worries) has been the monopoly of the indo-jap bikes.

A previous generation bullet would have required (let me put it mildly) a little bit more attention!, People called it love, affection and made long term friendships with their friendly neighborhood garage walas. Nothing wrong with that! we all do care for our rides. But looking at the current lot of RE's with myself owning a 09 TBTS, I loved the way you put up the word 'running errands' and that too for a RE.

Personally for me it signifies that RE can be looked at to have the same carefree attitude of the Indo-jap bikes, with me visiting the workshop for just regular services and nothing more, after doing more than 20k confident kms on the TBTS I am equally happy for you owning an even modern RE.
Congrats & Ride safe
Cheers!
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 12:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
"Yes" was the answer and this is what I rode back home last Saturday evening !! A gorgeous new Royal Enfield Classic 500
Hello Sir!! Congratulations on yet another acquisition this year.

If there is one person I am jealous of now. I can very surely say it's you.

With my tongue firmly in my cheek (or foot in my mouth, if you should see it that way) Sir what is it that you do for a living??
Old 17th November 2011, 13:32   #39
BANNED

congratulation sir, dont know why all jeep guys think alike, i recently brought a silver that crde like you & now booked a black bullet classic chrome, awaiting the same delv in Jan 2012.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So when I got the 500 I said to myself finally I can dissappear into the crowd and simply go about my work without notice and was I wrong!
Did you seriously think that ? With a 500cc RE ? The activa would have been the perfect vehicle for that and your runabouts.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 19:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you seriously think that ? With a 500cc RE ? The activa would have been the perfect vehicle for that and your runabouts.
+1 correct ,the activa is rugged , has foot board space , below seat space and its a honda ,you don't even need panniers .Also others at home would be at ease with it .

Anyways congrats for the bull .
Old 17th November 2011, 20:11   #42
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
+1 correct ,the activa is rugged , has foot board space , below seat space and its a honda ,you don't even need panniers .Also others at home would be at ease with it .

Anyways congrats for the bull .
I think DKG will run out of excuses to buy bikes Jokes apart....congrats !! I'm dying to get my hands on one asap too !!
NIP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 23:59   #43
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
fill it - shut it- forget it & kick start & go anywhere without worries
RE seem to have achieved it with the new generation machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
what is it that you do
if you set your heart to something you can achieve anything !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
dont know why all jeep guys think alike, i recently brought a silver that crde like you & now booked a black bullet classic chrome, awaiting the same delv in Jan 2012.
Fabulous choice !! Hearty congratulations

Jeeps, Harleys, RE's they all ooze character !

Quote:
Did you seriously think that ? With a 500cc RE ?
A couple of decades ago RE's were primarily viewed as utilitarian workhorses. Quite obviously I didn't realise that impression has undergone a seachange. These bikes I can see command a huge aspirational value today.
Old 18th November 2011, 18:32   #44
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful DKG. Black looks like a typical Bullet seen in olden days. Silver is also available now. Two of my colleagues have bought 350cc and when I did a TD, found the rear view mirrors vibrating throughout. It happened in both the bikes.

They say it is a common problem. How is it in 500cc.

Happy and safe riding..
Old 18th November 2011, 20:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Wonderful DKG. Black looks like a typical Bullet seen in olden days. Silver is also available now. Two of my colleagues have bought 350cc and when I did a TD, found the rear view mirrors vibrating throughout. It happened in both the bikes.

They say it is a common problem. How is it in 500cc.

Happy and safe riding..
Silver has been available from day 1 when classic was launched, but is available only on C350. This is a unique color for C350 just like the green is for C500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks