Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 10:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm

Congrats @Endofdayz for the DS 500, its good that one of the DS owner has started the Ownership thread,
the royal enfield mechanic told me to book classic 350cc over 500cc just because of these kind of issues where the user will be helpless since it is an EFI engine and left at the mercy of the mechanic availability, but since i own one 350 TBTS, i too booked a DS 500

In reference to the REPAINT comment from the people, it is making me confused whether i will be treated as a proud owner of new bike or that of an old repainted bike,
i think i still have a option of Classic chrome 500!
Old 8th December 2011, 10:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Congrats @Endofdayz for the DS 500, its good that one of the DS owner has started the Ownership thread,
the royal enfield mechanic told me to book classic 350cc over 500cc just because of these kind of issues where the user will be helpless since it is an EFI engine and left at the mercy of the mechanic availability, but since i own one 350 TBTS, i too booked a DS 500

In reference to the REPAINT comment from the people, it is making me confused whether i will be treated as a proud owner of new bike or that of an old repainted bike,
i think i still have a option of Classic chrome 500!

I dont think so. The attention i'm getting from the people on road and signal and the applauds i get from bullet fans is incredible. 2 days back while going home at 9.00 PM i was chased by a guy in his electra for good 5 kms it seems. his words. He made me stop the bike. asked for so many details, he wanted to sit on the bike and get a feel. After good 30 mins he finally said, i will sell my electra to buy this Beauty.

These comments are priceless. hence i would ignore those guys who ask me is it repainted. they applaud your color selection. what more we need. I love my bike and color. I dont care care if people think its repainted or new one. I dont like too much of chrome hence didnot select classic chrome. ( no offense for any chrome owner. this is personal comment what i feel about it).

Even if they say its repainted, they ask me the shop where such a high quality paint job is done.

@ all,

I had mentioned about two or three places where the paint had not reached. i had pointed this out in service. by evening these spots are gone. i forgot to ask them what they did but its neat now. i'm loving DS (or 500 engine) every bit.

Last edited by Endofdayz : 8th December 2011 at 10:54.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
These comments are priceless. hence i would ignore those guys who ask me is it repainted. they applaud your color selection. what more we need. I love my bike and color. I dont care care if people think its repainted or new one. I dont like too much of chrome hence didnot select classic chrome. ( no offense for any chrome owner. this is personal comment what i feel about it).
Nice words, thanks buddy, i will stick to my DS only,
what were the accessories you got with the DS, have you gone for single seat as well, i suppose leg guard needs to be purchased
Old 8th December 2011, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Nice words, thanks buddy, i will stick to my DS only,
what were the accessories you got with the DS, have you gone for single seat as well, i suppose leg guard needs to be purchased

I have put crash guard, and seat covers. I had to put seat cover as while taking bike from showroom to my home, i didnot apply brake at correct time. bike jumped the speed breaker and due to spring action it touched the pillion case and got torn a little bit. Apart from that i'm looking at upswept silencer. Not sure whether we can put it before 3k kms.

I cant go single seat now as i have a pillion to travel. may be next week the saree guard n pillion seat will be off.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

have you purchased the crash guard or was it part of free accessory and what about seat cover, is it also available for free
Old 8th December 2011, 15:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
have you purchased the crash guard or was it part of free accessory and what about seat cover, is it also available for free

they are not part of it. we need to buy it separate. only saree guard comes with the bike as its of same color.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:26   #22
BHPian

hi to all,
I got my DS on 18th of nov, belive it or not only 20 days waiting, courtesy ESS ARR Delhi.
Endofdayz is right about the attention this color is getting. I have been stopped and inquired about it so many times... (but no one asked about repaint)
The rust problem that I have learnt on other threads seem to be creepin in nuts for now, but not quite obvious..
The major benefit this color has got that even a good amount of dirt does not make the bull appear dusty or dirty... Its only when the dirt accumulates on chrome when it needs a good wipe.
I am doin the running in strictly by the book.. Haven't changed the oil though (260 km on odo) Should I change it before the first service? which one???
Got two problems for now

1.The headlights are abruptly focused. Low Beam seems to be High beam and High beam seems to lighthouse for spaceships.. The headlight is non adjustable so dont know what to do.
2. The front wheel appears misaligned. The handlebars slighty tilted left when going straight. Will sort out the issue on first service.. Is it serious?

BTW, I am enjoying this bull like anything...
Old 8th December 2011, 16:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
they are not part of it. we need to buy it separate. only saree guard comes with the bike as its of same color.
In earlier times the crash bar used to be free, when i bought my RE TBTS, i got it free, now we have to pay for it, in that case, i have my old single rod crash bar of TBTS, it might look good there in DS, which one you have?
Old 8th December 2011, 17:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the bike! Would love to see some pics though.

And but Manjunatha Garage's break-down service is not about warranty or out of warranty - the person you speak to will charge you extra, thats all.
Old 8th December 2011, 17:55   #25
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes. I will try charge the battery and give some good PICS by tomorrow. My iphone images are more than 2 MBs. unable to reduce the size of it.
Old 8th December 2011, 22:37   #26
BHPian

@Endofdayz---- Please try to rename this thread more appropriately for others to search with key words enfield desert storm etc...
right now the prospective members have a bit difficulty in finding this thread.

@/ /M; Sorry for the harsh words, but the fact that u are even contemplating a KTM duke for a bull is not practical. You are trying to take the decision by brains, whereas a bull is a choice made by heart.

Second me proud owners of BULLS if I am true..

No one gets the looks and attention as a proud owner DS will get till at least next 2 years

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2011 at 23:19. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 10:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

i request all the DS owners to post some pics of their beasts, this will give an eyecandy to those who are waiting for it
Old 9th December 2011, 13:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
i request all the DS owners to post some pics of their beasts, this will give an eyecandy to those who are waiting for it

My cam is conked. i have requested my friend to send the photos. kindly hold on for some more time. will post it by End of day.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

For one, I think it is better Bullet owner - chest-thumpers stopped their hearts do the "thinking". Teach RE that they cannot get away with the quality that they have been giving.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:49   #30
BHPian

HI all,

I changed my Bike oil at first service. Today morning while cleaning i noticed the color of oil instead of golden color, its light brown color. After oil change bike has done 70 kms. is it normal guys. Or service station didnot do this procedure properly.

currently i could manage 2 images. here are they:
Attached Thumbnails
Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-261120111143_bike1-2.jpg  

Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-261120111144_bike2.jpg  

Last edited by Endofdayz : 9th December 2011 at 16:54. Reason: Had to add few more queries.
Endofdayz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks