Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 22:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm

my lionheart >>>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr<<<<<
Attached Thumbnails
Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-dsc00322.jpg  

Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-lion_king_wallpaper.jpg  

Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-maleafricanlion_618_600x450.jpg  

Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-imag0267.jpg  

Pride and Excitment of Battle field - Desert Storm-imag0270.jpg  

Old 10th December 2011, 05:40   #32
BHPian

Congratulations!

Happy for you. Enjoy your BULL.

Joining the BULL Desert Storm club shortly myself. Have it on order. Could be picking it up in April 12'.

Question about the rubber tip for the silencer (looks Good!)
How much did it cost and what is it's purpose? - Form or function?
Old 13th December 2011, 10:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupkrverma View Post
my lionheart >>>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr<<<<<
Good snaps and good comparison too
I am awaiting anxiously for mine in January, i will get the pillon seat fitted in the first place itself
Old 20th December 2011, 17:51   #34
BHPian

update after 1100 kms

It has been nice feeling yesterday when i crossed 1.1k and took my DS to 80km/hr. bike was stable. was very happy to cruise in 80 for 15 seconds.

Need some of the queries answered by guru's.

1. when i start in the mornings and leave it idle for minute or so, there is strange noise from the engine. it sounds like something is running loose or not fitted properly like khud khud sound ( dont know how to explain it ).

2. After meter replacement at 500 kms, the speedo needle vibrates from 20 to 40 kms. now i really suspect it was meter fault in first place. do you have any suggestions. I have tightened the meter cable.

3. I dont know whats the use of those mirrors. from 20 kms/hr till 70 km/hr the meter it is conitnously vibrating. forget viewing.

Im more concerned about the first problem. Is there something serious. should i visit A.S.S soon which i dont want to
Old 20th December 2011, 20:36   #35
BHPian

Re: update after 1100 kms

1. when i start in the mornings and leave it idle for minute or so, there is strange noise from the engine. it sounds like something is running loose or not fitted properly like khud khud sound ( dont know how to explain it ).

same here, but the sound is khurud khurud just like some loose nut or something is revolving inside the engine, but disappears once the engine heats up.

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th February 2012 at 14:24. Reason: incorrect quote tag
Old 21st December 2011, 00:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: update after 1100 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
It has been nice feeling yesterday when i crossed 1.1k and took my DS to 80km/hr. bike was stable. was very happy to cruise in 80 for 15 seconds.

Need some of the queries answered by guru's.

2. After meter replacement at 500 kms, the speedo needle vibrates from 20 to 40 kms. now i really suspect it was meter fault in first place. do you have any suggestions. I have tightened the meter cable.

3. I dont know whats the use of those mirrors. from 20 kms/hr till 70 km/hr the meter it is conitnously vibrating. forget viewing.

Im more concerned about the first problem. Is there something serious. should i visit A.S.S soon which i dont want to
[quote=anupkrverma;2617043]
Quote:

same here, but the sound is khurud khurud just like some loose nut or something is revolving inside the engine, but disappears once the engine heats up.
I get this everytime i start my 280kms old CL500 chrome.
Its nothing but auto decomp at work.
No need to get worked upon,its normal.
at times its pretty loud,sounding tak tak.
Old 21st December 2011, 03:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

When you first start the engine in the morning, after it is running, give it a little throttle to momentarily increase the idle speed.

My automatic compression release sometimes does not retract when there is cold oil in the engine resulting in a tic tic tic sound. Increasing the engine speed causes it to move as it should and the sound goes away.

A more pronounced clattering sound may be the result of one of the hydraulic valve lifters not remaining "pumped up" but if this is happening it is a warranty issue.

Actually, when I first start my 500cc UCE on a cold morning if I rev. the engine a little to get the automatic compression release to disengage it is the quietest sounding engine I've ever heard. As quiet as my BMW K-75 was.
It is only after the oil thins from being warmed that the normal clicky tappity sounds come back.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:17   #38
BHPian

@akshay and Jim,

I'm aware of auto decomp. thats tick tick sound. I'm talking about the noise inside the engine as if something is running loose. I'm pretty much sure this is not auto decomp. However need to get the meter rectified. will go there this saturday and check what might be the problem.

thanks for the response.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:20   #39
BHPian

Update 1400 kms and 1 month.

bike has been running like a charm. there has been no major issues as such. removed the pillion seat. noticed some issues though.

There was occasion when i had made my friend sit in pillion, when removed the rear seat noticed the pillion seat rod has made impression on the mud guard. though its not deep but i suspect few 100 KMs more rides with pillion will make the paint peel off. need to speak with service center guys.

Also after removing the pillion seat one of nuts which holds the shocks is not getting tight. though the nut has been tightened this guy is moved freely horizontally. the bolt is of little more length. hence i think putting an washer or replacing the bolt with correct length.

though i have planned to change the silencer @ 3.5k kms or 5k kms, what is your thought. will going for upswept be any adverse effect now.

if its not upswept, then does it make sense to change the silencer immediately or wait till above mentioned Kms.

Meter needle shaking problem is not solved yet. was at service center last saturday, they replaced the meter cable. after this replacement needle vibrating more. they do not have stock for 500 meter console. they are planning another replacement of meter.

Also i noticed a strange problem in DS. whenever i cross the speed breakers at 10 km/hr, there is loud thud sound. though didnot mention this problem at service center. wanted to know from other DS owners whether they hear this thud sound while crossing speed breakers. does this has to do something with offset removal.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update 1400 kms and 1 month.

bike has been running like a charm. there has been no major issues as such. removed the pillion seat. noticed some issues though.
though i have planned to change the silencer @ 3.5k kms or 5k kms, what is your thought. will going for upswept be any adverse effect now.

if its not upswept, then does it make sense to change the silencer immediately or wait till above mentioned Kms.
Just get the silencer! Its totally worth and kudos to RE for providing such OE stuff at decent price!
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:16   #41
BHPian

The prices of classic has been raised about 5.5 K.
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont like too much of chrome hence didnot select classic chrome. ( no offense for any chrome owner. this is personal comment what i feel about it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupkrverma View Post
No one gets the looks and attention as a proud owner DS will get till at least next 2 years
Hey Desertstorm friends, I have a query regarding the touch and feel of the Matt finish of DS, I had gone for a visit to RE showroom inquiring about the status of my DS and saw a model on display whose surface felt more glossy,
As far as i remember, the DS used to have a rough Matt finish, they RE people told me that they had done polish on that, IMHO that means that the original feel of the paint has gone, does your bikes to were smooth on feeling or were rough like matt?
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hey Desertstorm friends, I have a query regarding the touch and feel of the Matt finish of DS, I had gone for a visit to RE showroom inquiring about the status of my DS and saw a model on display whose surface felt more glossy,
As far as i remember, the DS used to have a rough Matt finish, they RE people told me that they had done polish on that, IMHO that means that the original feel of the paint has gone, does your bikes to were smooth on feeling or were rough like matt?

@Ruch,

Originally the DS comes with matt finish. another owner in this thread anup has done polishing and it has glossy finish now. please check his bike pics in some other thread which i dont remember now. Yes after polishing it comes to glossy finish.

In my case my jeans use to come in contact with doc box on the right side when i put my legs down in signals. now after 2 months it has turned gloss. One side end is shinning now. this review was given by randhawa when he had given initial impression about DS.

though i'm enjoying my bull thoroughly i might go for polishing after yr or so as the area which come in regular contact will turn glossy. hence after yr or so it will be visible very prominently.

Also i have some long standing problem with my bull speedo meter which is not solved yet. they dont have stock of that part since 1 and 1/2 months.

Also my silencer pipe in cat con area has turned golden . RE says this happens when bike gets heated up which im not buying.
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 02:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Also my silencer pipe in cat con area has turned golden . RE says this happens when bike gets heated up which im not buying.

Issue with Silencer - Hope this will be of some help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ps-home-5.html

Old 7th February 2012, 22:17   #45
BHPian

@Endofdayz and Ruchir
To be honest the original paint on my DS was not of a solid matt finish. It was more like u apply paint on a furniture without polishing it properly and without applying primer.
Moreover, since the surface was uneven the dirt would settle in some places. So I went for the Glossy finish. Does not matter for me though..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks