Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2018, 22:14   #61
BANNED

Re: Yamaha R15 V2.0- A query

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post
Hello, fellow R15 riders/enthusiasts..
I ride an R15v2.0,about to complete 59-60k kms. In the last two service visits(Yamaha SCs) I was informed about engine noise. They suggested to replace the camshaft. At first, i ignored but on careful listening ,i too heard a sound other than the normal engine sound.
What can be the probable causes and how to confirm?
Is it a problem that anyone else here has faced?
Is changing the camshaft the only solution?
TIA
I presume like the general census you've not had the valve clearances set recently, in which case now would be a good time to pop the head and have it set, and while you have the head cover off make sure to inspect the cam lobes, tappets and timing chain to see if they're still within the recommended range, if all seems well go ahead and set the clearances and put everything back together and resume riding.

I also presume that you're running premium oils for extended drain intervals, as a suggestion I'd recommend that irrespective of the oil you use please make sure to change the oil at 2k drain intervals considering the size of your sump.

Cheers.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 10:53   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
I presume like the general census you've not had the valve clearances set recently, in which case now would be a good time to pop the head and have it set, and while you have the head cover off make sure to inspect the cam lobes, tappets and timing chain to see if they're still within the recommended range, if all seems well go ahead and set the clearances and put everything back together and resume riding.

I also presume that you're running premium oils for extended drain intervals, as a suggestion I'd recommend that irrespective of the oil you use please make sure to change the oil at 2k drain intervals considering the size of your sump.

Cheers.
thanks. With respect to valve clearance, what exactly do i need to tell the mechanic to do?
Regarding Oil change, I use Yamalube Sporty Premium and changes are done @ 2000-2200kms.
Old 14th September 2018, 14:31   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post
thanks. With respect to valve clearance, what exactly do i need to tell the mechanic to do?
Regarding Oil change, I use Yamalube Sporty Premium and changes are done @ 2000-2200kms.
I doubt things would work out well for you if you approach a mechanic unless he/she is well trained, reliable and experienced.

Anyhow, you would have to download the workshop manual for the motorcycle to get he clearance values, once that is done you may ask your motorcycle to set "Tappet/Valve Clearance" and while he has the dead cover off, inspect the following;

1. Cam
2. Timing Chain, Sprocket and Tensioner
3. Tappet rollers

The inspection has to be done with precision tools and specifications mentioned in the workshop manual and not by touch and feel.

Cheers.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 10:14   #64
BHPian

Re: The R15 - A query

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Horsepower vs Torque - Explained - YouTube

(Please see the attached video before reading further, since it is related
Thank you for that wonderful link and your beautiful explanation. Although I knew about torque and HP to some degree, this explanation has made it very clear to me now the difference and impact each has.
Old 20th February 2020, 15:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys

I'm planning to replace stock 3.5 Ah battery of my 2016 R15 v2 with a 5 Ah Amaron. There are mixed reviews for this upgrade on the internet. It requires a small mod (removal of foam base from battery compartment) to fit 5 Ah battery but I'm more worried about extra load on alternator.

Is any one using 5 Ah in their R15? Pls share your experience.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks