Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 17:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
You got a point ebonho. However, if it boils down to whose better, I think there should be a proper way of doing it. First, wear a good gear, then decide how the race has to go (way, distance etc.)
Yeah, but that's why he's a squid/organ donor, and you're a biker.

Street races are always spur of the moment things. By ambush more often than not. With no distinct mutually agreed upon end goal.

The moral victory lies more often than not in situational and perception management!
Old 24th March 2012, 17:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Yeah, but that's why he's a squid/organ donor, and you're a biker.

Street races are always spur of the moment things. By ambush more often than not. With no distinct mutually agreed upon end goal.

The moral victory lies more often than not in situational and perception management!
Point driven home and I shall say no more
Old 1st April 2012, 04:34   #48
BHPian

Its been weeks that I wanted a ride badly. Posted a ride meet on Hyderabad Ninja group on FB and 3 members gladly accepted to join. I was working Friday, the 30th March's night and we decided to meet at 5AM on Saturday morning. By time everyone gathered it was 5:45 am. After a quick meet and greet we started towards Karareddy, on Nagpur Highway. Apart from 4 Ninjas, there was a Getz too for a photo shoot.

I had observed in my previous rides, that everyone thinks that now that they are on a highway, its time to race, throwing to wind all caution about other's safety, lane discipline and group formation. Each to his own! I wanted to avoid that cause its no way near to fun. I had already discussed this on the FB forum before the ride. Everyone unanimously agreed to it and when we went out, it was nothing but a great joy ride. All 4 of us decided together who would lead and who would follow who. Getz was at the end with 2 other dudes clicking pics.

6 am, sky cast with clouds (rain was forecast which never happened), cool breeze, no traffic on highway, super formation, strict lane discipline, and riders showing warn signals all added to this memorable ride which I atleast will cherish for days to come . Never was a time during the ride when any of us felt the need to surge forward and overtake the rider ahead. We all were doing 140+ kmph with ample space in between and riding as a team.

Finally at reached our destination point at 7:15 am. The place is called Malgudi restaurant. We had done about 150 kms from our rendezvous point from the city. As soon as we parked our bikes, people around swarmed to take a look at the 4 rides looking alike, except for one which was in black. we had to wait some good 10 minutes for someone to attend to us and ask what we would like for breakfast. All of us were starved and we did a double round of puris, onion/masala dosas and idly-wada followed by tea. We sat in the open air outside beside our bikes. Some guys were so taken by delight at the sight of the bikes, I thought they were trying to spot at least 6 differences between the bikes . Seriously, the way they were looking at them from all angles, we had a hearty laugh.

At around 8 am we started back towards the city. The traffic had begun to start, but we still managed to maintain our high speeds. The only hindrance was the wind blast on the way back. And it definitely was bothering us. We reached the rendezvous point at 9:30 am. The ride had come to an end and it was time to part. All of us knew this was not the last ride and we would have still some more. We departed after promising to plan a ride/trip to somewhere yet to be decided.

Another great ride with my bike and I am all smiles from ear to ear. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-1.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-2.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-3.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-4.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07031.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07055.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-6.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07040.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07049.jpg  

bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 16:23   #49
BHPian

Some more pics from the last ride. These pics were taken from the Getz that was accompanying us.
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-ninja4.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-ninja2.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-ninja1.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-ninja5.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-ninja3.jpg  

Last edited by bluenicotine : 5th April 2012 at 16:32.
Old 11th May 2012, 21:37   #50
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how good are Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70 17 as a replacement for my bike's stock IRCs?
Old 12th May 2012, 08:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how good are Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70 17 as a replacement for my bike's stock IRCs?
Hey there bluenicotine! The Pirellis are really good from what I've heard. I've attached some links for you to read.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Tires [Archive] - ninjette.org

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Tire Review - Motorcycle USA

Apparently, the 140/70-17 is currently being used in the European Junior Cup on Kawasaki Ninja 250. Hope this helps!

Here's a video as well.

Last edited by Turbojc : 12th May 2012 at 08:27.
Old 12th May 2012, 13:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey there bluenicotine! The Pirellis are really good from what I've heard. I've attached some links for you to read.
Looks good to me. From where do you source these tires from?

I am not entirely happy with the stock IRC's performance and looking to change them with the best set available.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th May 2012 at 13:29.
Old 14th May 2012, 13:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

I'm curious to know how much the Diablo Rosso's cost for the ninja 250R.

As of now, I only know of Pirelli Sport Demon as a replacement for the stock IRC's that come on the ninja.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Thanks Turbojc. I had read the reviews on the Ninjette forum already. What I wanted to know was if anyone had a personal experience here on our forum with the Diablo Rosso II sets.

Cheers!
Old 14th May 2012, 17:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
These Pirellis are pretty much the best tyres money can buy apart from the Bridestone battleaxe. But where are you getting these and i assume a pair of these will surely cost a bomb
Old 14th May 2012, 17:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
These Pirellis are pretty much the best tyres money can buy apart from the Bridestone battleaxe. But where are you getting these and i assume a pair of these will surely cost a bomb
I am planning to source it from US. One of my friends will be flying back. Cost for both front 110/70 17 and rear 140/70 17 is coming upto 11k
Old 14th May 2012, 17:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to source it from US. One of my friends will be flying back. Cost for both front 110/70 17 and rear 140/70 17 is coming upto 11k
Dude that is some insane pricing. Does he have room for another pair? :P
Old 14th May 2012, 17:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Dude that is some insane pricing. Does he have room for another pair? :P

Also planning to go for a M4 full system.
Old 14th May 2012, 18:03   #59
BHPian

are you sure you want to go for the M4 over this

Motorcycle Exhaust LeoVince 2010
Old 14th May 2012, 18:14   #60
BHPian

Quote:
are you sure you want to go for the M4 over this
Sure LeoVince is good but again they make the bike sound like a dirt bike. I know there is only so much base sound we can get from a twin engine and cannot make it sound like a inline 4 or any of those big boys. M4 is closest I can get to a decent sound without making my bike sound like a dirt bike.

Opinions may vary!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks