Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 19:02   #91
BHPian

Re: A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!

And I was wondering there was some more stuff I missed mentioning which was in the backpack .

I also carried 5 boxes of 4 sachets each of Bodyfuelz fast charge sports drink. Worked better for me than gatorade. The Red Bulls were not for hydrating on the go anyways and kept it for other activities at the place we were visiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
My favorite perk up drink on refreshment butt breaks while riding is a chilled Thums Up, one fresh lime squeezed in, some salt, and some chaat masala.
My favorite too
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 09:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I picked up a water pouch from Wildcraft which can hold 2 ltrs of liquid, with a pipe. Cost: Rs.499.
I bought this hydration pack early this year and used it a couple of times during my ride to Kodai and other places. Works like a charm and for the price its a great VFM product. I did not want to spend 3k+ on camelback products since the usage is pretty limited.

I place the hydration pack in the laptop compartment of my backpack and the velcro strap goes through the filler cap so the pack itself stays in place without moving around.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked up a water pouch from Wildcraft which can hold 2 ltrs of liquid, with a pipe. Cost: Rs.499. The pouch can be conveniently tucked away in the back pack and there is a tube which comes over the shoulder and can be used to sip water without having to take off the helmet. You may ask - would water leak -- the answer is No. It comes with a rubber cap and even after taking off the cap, one need to twist the nozzle for water/liquid to flow out.

PS: This pouch cannot be filled with aerated drinks/milk etc - the smell would remain forever in it/the other liquids could possibly damage the pouch material as well.
Can you post a link or a photo of this please. How easy is the nozzle to sip from (twist?) while on the move?
Old 20th June 2012, 14:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho

Can you post a link or a photo of this please. How easy is the nozzle to sip from (twist?) while on the move?
Will post by tonight. Definitely not recommended to SIP on the move. It takes 2 hands to remove the rubber top and then twist the sipper open.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 14:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will post by tonight. Definitely not recommended to SIP on the move. It takes 2 hands to remove the rubber top and then twist the sipper open.
I saw a friend using another similar pouch in bag setup where the nozzle had to be pressed against the front of the teeth to release the water. Not very convenient either.

The CamelBak's bite valve is really easy to use. Only problem is getting the pipe under the rim of the helmet and into your mouth on the move in a conventional shaped full face helmet (AGV type). If you have one of the newer designs where the mouth shield is pointed/peaked (like the motocross style hemmets), the pipe slips under and in much easier.

Last edited by ebonho : 20th June 2012 at 14:31.
Old 20th June 2012, 16:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It takes 2 hands to remove the rubber top and then twist the sipper open.
Quote:
I saw a friend using another similar pouch in bag setup where the nozzle had to be pressed against the front of the teeth to release the water.
The rubber cap on the tube for the Wildcraft product can be used in a similar way. Just poke some holes in it and suck when thirsty. I've not made any holes in the rubber cap though.

P.S. Sounds graphic but couldn't word this any differently.

Quote:
Only problem is getting the pipe under the rim of the helmet and into your mouth on the move in a conventional shaped full face helmet (AGV type).
Yeah, i've faced this problem so I pull over when i'm thirsty. Gives me a few mins to get the blood flowing in my butt too.
Old 29th June 2012, 19:47   #97
BHPian

Came back from a great trip to Hampi. Another friend of mine and I started on Saturday the 23rd June towards Badami to see the temples and the caves there. Must say amazing sculptures in the caves. Simply amazing! Next day, the Sunday we started towards Hampi. Spent the next 2 days there seeing all the temples and other ruins of the Viajayanagar kingdom and I was blown away looking at the amazing architecture and the carvings. We indeed have a super rich history!

For the luggage I had the Rynox tank and tail bag. Both held well throughout the entire ride. Tank bag could be more snugly fit. At one time, while taking a U-turn the bag hit the engine switch on the right handle and I almost fell .Immediately re-positioned the bag and this time lil away from the handle and it stayed put all throughout the journey. Magnets work great to hold the bag in place (although the bag on top slightly moves to sides, not a major botheration, hence mentioned it could be more snugly fit). The tail bag came with suction caps and they do not stay well on the tank (if used as a tank bag). The suction caps come off easily if the bag in heavy.

Meanwhile, while heading from Badami to Hampi, the FI light began to glow. Called Arif and he said nothing to worry as long as the bike is starting and doesn't behave weird while running. Fortunately for me, the bike was behaving just normal and did not give any trouble throughout the journey. Have to take the time tomorrow to the workshop to fix the FI warning.
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00003.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00046.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00088.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00550.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00570.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00610.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i00118.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i01408.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i01437.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i01445.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i01463.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-i01467.jpg  

bluenicotine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 17:28   #98
BHPian

Took the bike today to fix the FI warning. It turned out to be radiator fan relay malfunction and the fuse blew in order to prevent further problems. Fuse was replaced within 5 minutes and its all normal.

Our fellow T-BHPian Isodope had posted in his thread about how to check the FI Light warning. Its easy and I did it myself in the workshop today

Here are the steps which he had posted:

1. Remove the pillion seat.
2. Look on the right side of the subframe - you'll find a lone wire that seems to have been forgotten because it's connected only at one end.
3. Turn your ignition key to the 'on' position and wait until everything settles.
4. Push the plastic sheath on the free end of the wire you just found back and ground the metal end on the chassis.
5. Watch the FI light - if it stays constantly on, you haven't grounded the wire properly. Try again, either with a firmer hand or on a different part of the chassis.
6. Once you get it right, the FI light will go off momentarily and then start flashing. There are long flashes and short flashes, separated by a second of the FI light staying off. Make sure you've got the entire sequence before you remove the wire from its grounding. Do this at least two times so that you've got the number of flashes right.
7. Look up the error codes from the list below and take appropriate action.

• 1 long/ 1 short: Main throttle sensor malfunction/wiring open or short
• 1 long/2 short: Inlet air pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 1 long/ 3 short: Inlet air temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 1 long/ 4 short: Water temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 2 long / 1 short: Crankshaft sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 2 long/ 4 short alternated with 2 long/ 5 short: Speed sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long/ 1 short: Vehicle down sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long / 2 short: Sub throttle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long/ 3 short: Oxygen sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long / 1 short: Stick coil #1 malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long/ 2 short: Stick coil #2 malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long/ 6 short: Radiator fan relay malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 2 short: Sub throttle valve actuator malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 4 short: Air switching valve malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 7 short: Oxygen sensor heater malfunction, wiring open or short
• 9 long/ 4 short: Oxygen sensor malfunction, wiring open or short

Next planning on a trip to Mahabalipuram. Let's see if it works out.
bluenicotine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Looks like you're having a ball with the bike.

It's been quite a long time since my last trip (2 months precisely) and I'm desperate for one (hopefully soon).

Since you're using bungee cords to secure your tailbag in place, use paint protection films on the contact areas to protect the painted parts from scratches. 3M has launched its PPF material for bikes and although a bit on the higher side in terms of cost it's totally worth it. No air bubbles whatsoever or any sticky adhesives to be worried about
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:56   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Since you're using bungee cords to secure your tailbag in place, use paint protection films on the contact areas to protect the painted parts from scratches. 3M has launched its PPF material for bikes and although a bit on the higher side in terms of cost it's totally worth it. No air bubbles whatsoever or any sticky adhesives to be worried about
You said it Adi, having a great time! I tried looking for the 3M PPF but couldn't find in Hyderabad. Still hunting. Meanwhile to protect the contact areas, I used a soft cloth, covering the tail piece before placing the tail bag and tying with bungee cords. Worked great
Old 31st July 2012, 22:02   #101
BHPian

Another ride to Nizamsagar Dam in a super weather. And for the first time I touched the foot pegs in one of the twisties and it was like

Adding some pics from the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-1.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-2.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-3.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-4.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-6.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-5.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-7.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-8.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-9.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2012, 19:17   #102
BHPian

The 2013 Ninja 250R details are unveiled in Kawasaki Japan corporate website.

Kawasaki 2013

Quick Updates:
1. Drooling make over
2. ABS option
3. Better low-mid end torque
4. Redesigned engine/suspension/chassis
5. Digital Console

The main question - Will it be available in India?
Old 4th August 2012, 22:30   #103
BHPian

Switched the IRC stock tyres to Pirelli Sports Demon today. Both the front and rear, maintaining the same profiles. Noticed immediate change in riding. The bike feels more planted, braking has improved immensely (wheels are not locking up) and I also felt the initial pickup increase. And yeah!! the twisties are more fun as the squishy feeling from the IRCs has disappeared. 6k spent on both the tyres and I am already feeling its worth every penny spent
Old 22nd August 2012, 02:25   #104
BHPian

Just came back from 6 days of trip (15th to 20th Aug), exploring different terrains of Andhra (1800+ kms). Covered forests, coffee plantations, hills, temples, caves ghats, a mangrove forest, sea and coastal Andhra. Here are the details of route taken.

Day 1- Hyderabad--Warangal--Eturnagaram--Manuguru--Badrachalam

Day 2- Badrachalam-- Sileru-- Chintapalle-- Paderu--Araku

Day 3- Araku site seeing

Day 4- Araku -- Vizag--Tuni --Rajahmundry

Day 5- Rajahmundry--Kakinada-- Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary/Mangrove forest

Day 6- Rajahmundry--Vijaywada-- Hyderabad

This trip will be a real memorable one. Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5564.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5568.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5583.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5724.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5766.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5780.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5850.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5853.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5864.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5879.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_5921.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6165.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6248.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6252.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6616.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6627.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img_6643.jpg  

Old 26th September 2012, 21:22   #105
BHPian

10k Kms of exhilarating fun and joy clocked!!!
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-img2012092100127.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks