Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 11:46   #46
BHPian

Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Second "Official" Servicing done at 1600 kms/100 Days. The gear shifts get smoother with every service. Enjoying every bit of this bike. It lures me to at least one weekend ride a month. Here goes the pic from the last ride.

R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)-_mg_3855.jpg

8 v2.0 R15s of all colors other than the Fiery Red.
abhisheksircar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 00:19   #47
BHPian

Bike is going strong at 2200 kms. The so called complains of palm pain, wrist pain is long history now. The only complain I am still clinging on to is the lights that come with this bike. It's bad. Thank goodness that there are after market HID solutions available.

And what does a good bike do to you ? It prompts you for rides and how better can it be then going in a group.

www.facebook.com/yrcindia

Our next ride is yet another quick one from Bangalore to Mulbagal
Old 8th June 2012, 15:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The only complain I am still clinging on to is the lights that come with this bike. It's bad. Thank goodness that there are after market HID solutions available.
What bulb design does the R15 have? H4 or H7?

The stock bulbs on the ninja are amazing but for night riding i wanted something better so I switched to Philips Xtreme Vision (on the high beam only).

Significantly brighter and a much wider beam with these bulbs, although the +100% brightness is a bit of an exaggeration. I was able to cruise at 120-140kmph at night while riding to Chennai.

Linky.

Chawla motors on JC road, 3rd cross is the authorized reseller. His contact details are on the official Philips site (above link).

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th June 2012 at 15:14.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
What bulb design does the R15 have? H4 or H7?.
Will check out with them. What I have now is H4 HID with a Ballast on high beam and in low beam the stock setup. It would be good to have the H4 HID for low beam also but have been advised against it cause it might drain out the battery.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:21   #50
BHPian

3rd Servicing over at 2700 km.

The bike continues to be a fun bike. Makes it better when you have a group to ride with at least once a month.

Changes done till now.

- Main Stand
- HID on High Beam
- LED Pilot Lamps
- Front Visor Stickering

In short, the bike is almost stock.

Problems faced till now.

There was a squeaking sound coming from the front wheels. A little bit of cleaning and front brake adjustment, all is well again.

Collage from our last ride. It was a fun ride with Race Dynamics showcasing their ECU. We had a blast playing around with it.

R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)-mulbagal_23jun2012.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 25th June 2012 at 11:24.
Old 20th August 2012, 02:34   #51
BHPian

Quote:
- LED Pilot Lamps
What make are those and where did you buy them from?
Quote:
- Front Visor Stickering
Pics please.
Quote:
Problems faced till now.
There was a squeaking sound coming from the front wheels. A little bit of cleaning and front brake adjustment, all is well again.
Even I'm facing a similar problem on my month old R15, the handle makes squeaking noises when turned from side to side in slow speeds/standstill.
Any idea what this might be?
Old 20th August 2012, 10:01   #52
BHPian

Great to see you back on two-wheels Abhishek :-) Love to ride with you soon as possible :-)
Old 20th August 2012, 21:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
What make are those and where did you buy them from?

Pics please.

Even I'm facing a similar problem on my month old R15, the handle makes squeaking noises when turned from side to side in slow speeds/standstill.
Any idea what this might be?
The LEDs are from a friend of mine. PM me if you need more details or you can message him to get it installed. (http://www.facebook.com/tourergear).

The squeaking noise, my service guy concluded it as placement of the brake pads which is corrected now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenuKumar View Post
Great to see you back on two-wheels Abhishek :-) Love to ride with you soon as possible :-)
Thanks Renu. Only a Yamaha could have got me back, and here I am. Ride with you soon.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:02   #54
BHPian

Sir congrats on the new bike. Looks great in that color combination. Have seen your pics on the fb YRC group. The bike looks great with the HIDS.

Im also looking to go for this bike here in Bangalore. Did your dealer offer you a test ride of this bike? I'm not able to get one from Bangalore wheels rajajinagar. I want to try out this bike before i opt for it.

Any recurring issues or complaints with the bike? How frequent is the maintenance required? Also is the dealer ASC giving good service? Want to know your feedback more on city riding and how quickly does the bike run out of breath on the open road? Any overheating issues?

Also ive seen you riding with your wife as pillion. How good is the pillion comfort on long rides? Did she have to get down quite often or was it comfortable all the way?

Please update this thread more sir. And with lots of pics. The bike really looks good in this color.

P.s were you able to extract any discounts from your dealer? Is it the one near seshadripuram signal while coming from Mekhri circle golf course?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2012, 16:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sir congrats on the new bike. Looks great in that color combination. Have seen your pics on the fb YRC group. The bike looks great with the HIDS.
Thank you. And please do not call me Sir. The queen is yet to bestow me with this honor

Quote:
Im also looking to go for this bike here in Bangalore. Did your dealer offer you a test ride of this bike? I'm not able to get one from Bangalore wheels rajajinagar. I want to try out this bike before i opt for it.
Go to Perfect Riders, Jayanagar branch and they will arrange for a test ride for you.

Quote:
Any recurring issues or complaints with the bike? How frequent is the maintenance required? Also is the dealer ASC giving good service? Want to know your feedback more on city riding and how quickly does the bike run out of breath on the open road? Any overheating issues?
- No recurring issues yet. Thankfully.
- Servicing is at every 90 days unless you ride a LOT to meet the km criteria.
- I have been servicing with PR from day 1 and I have not found a reason to complain yet.
- There is no problem in riding this within the city. Within the city it will never run out of breath. On highways, it will give up at 140 or a little above that.

Quote:
Also ive seen you riding with your wife as pillion. How good is the pillion comfort on long rides? Did she have to get down quite often or was it comfortable all the way?
I give credit to pillion riders on this bike. I hope that answers your question. I had to sit in one of the riders for 40 kms or so. I will never repeat that achievement of mine again unless really really needed.

Quote:
Please update this thread more sir. And with lots of pics. The bike really looks good in this color.
With all the rides we have been going through, I have lots of pics. I will share over here soon.

Quote:
P.s were you able to extract any discounts from your dealer? Is it the one near seshadripuram signal while coming from Mekhri circle golf course?
I was so excited to go back to biking days that I did not negotiate or discuss anything. Just went for the price that dealer asked for.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
You are most welcome.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 23:51   #56
BHPian

Hello guys, I picked up an R 15, limited edition, red and white, took the delivery today. Looks great, have also retained my 2003, Karizma. Simply love that bike a lot. Will post pics soon. The delivery was a hassle free affair. I walked in to the new Yamaha showroom in Bangalore near shiva nanda circle " Perfect Riders." there was the lady, don't recollect her name, she is the owner of the place. She gave us a warm and smiling welcome, told us the different colour options we had. She told us about the limited edition and it simply looked great. Paid the money, Rs: 1,34678 took the extended warranty addition of Rs: 777. She took me down to the basement where the bike was just delivered, all the wraps were there, not even PDI done, so selected it, they prepared all the documents, paper work done, PDI done, took the bike and rode it home. simple. was very happy with their service. Registration would be done tomorrow, and I would get the number by Monday evening. Till then I can ride around with the temporary number, safely. Will post the pics soon.
Old 1st September 2012, 08:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Hello guys, I picked up an R 15, limited edition, red and white, took the delivery today. Looks great, have also retained my 2003, Karizma. Simply love that bike a lot. Will post pics soon. The delivery was a hassle free affair. I walked in to the new Yamaha showroom in Bangalore near shiva nanda circle " Perfect Riders." there was the lady, don't recollect her name, she is the owner of the place. She gave us a warm and smiling welcome, told us the different colour options we had. She told us about the limited edition and it simply looked great. Paid the money, Rs: 1,34678 took the extended warranty addition of Rs: 777. She took me down to the basement where the bike was just delivered, all the wraps were there, not even PDI done, so selected it, they prepared all the documents, paper work done, PDI done, took the bike and rode it home. simple. was very happy with their service. Registration would be done tomorrow, and I would get the number by Monday evening. Till then I can ride around with the temporary number, safely. Will post the pics soon.
Congratulations and welcome to the R Club. Go through a careful run in and then join us for the rides.
Old 1st September 2012, 09:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar

Congratulations and welcome to the R Club. Go through a careful run in and then join us for the rides.
Thank u so much. Would love to join.. Let me finish the running in, am not exceeding 4k rpm
Old 5th September 2012, 22:45   #59
BHPian

Sorry people, had to sell off the 4 day old bike. Started to get back pain after riding the bike as it was not comfortable at all.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th November 2012 at 10:05. Reason: edited to remove excessive dots between words, corrected punctuation.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Sorry people....had to sell off the 4 day old bike. Started to get back pain after riding the bike....was not comfortable at all...
Sorry to hear that. If you are looking for a comfortable seating position, you can settle for the duke.

That said, it takes almost a month to get the right position in a R15. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze. People in our group have been riding for 600 kms in a day and sleeping with nothing but good memories of the ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks