Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 19:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mana,

I agree with you to some extend. Yamaha have always made great bikes. I still own a RX135 and will swear by it. They too learned the 4 stroke game slowly. Fazer is a pathetic copy of the original Fazer 250.

The market was not ready for a 16BHP Fiero when it was released. Riders concept have changed. Earlier, while choosing a bike we used to ask, how much mileage. Now I ask how many horses?? This is one reason why the RD 350 died a dog's death. No one was ready to accept a 6 gear, 2 cylinder bike with 16kms mileage then. Recreate it now and it will sell.

You from chennai? what do you do? I work with a market research co and am a auto freak.
Old 6th April 2006, 19:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

I own a Yam YBX and I second your views on the reliability of Yamaha. This bike was sitting in Chennai for six months untouched when I shifted my job to B'lore from Chennai and I did not have the time to get my bike's papers in order and transfer it to B'lore. I once just went to Chennai after six months and managed to start the bike after several kicks. All I did was to put petrol in it and I drove for about 150 km in Chennai without the bike giving any problems, heck, it did not even stall once. Now, that is reliability. I went to Chennai with the intention of selling my bike, but this changed my mind completely. Infact, I later got it transferred to B'lore and I am now using it here.
Old 7th April 2006, 16:45   #33
BANNED

hi mail ,

Yep ,i am located in chennai . i work for a uk based company ,and my brother imports /represent some audio ,engine manufacturers . I was into mods for bikes ,but ,right now my work keeps me busy as I am into business as well

I am planning to start a body fabricating company to build ,modify buses ,tempos etc . it is in the process at the moment .

I am avaliable on msgr at greatmana2000 . the same id as in this site.

regards
Old 8th April 2006, 18:44   #34

i mist be saying this late. dude frankly before u do any thing just remember that feal efficiency and power dont go together .ask your self what is the minimum mileage i can do with then decide. the thickness if a tyre or a short handle bar cause olny unstability .i uuse a 2.75 front and back on my bike on the sriperambudur race track and they are more than adequate.the 180 is a great bike but nothing can match the refinement or a honda .the power is beautifully spread over the power band.
Old 11th April 2006, 11:25   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
i mist be saying this late. dude frankly before u do any thing just remember that feal efficiency and power dont go together .ask your self what is the minimum mileage i can do with then decide. the thickness if a tyre or a short handle bar cause olny unstability .i uuse a 2.75 front and back on my bike on the sriperambudur race track and they are more than adequate.the 180 is a great bike but nothing can match the refinement or a honda .the power is beautifully spread over the power band.

I agree 100% with you . If you arent really experienced or technically qualified ,then any mods would really be a waste of time and money .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks