Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 11:36   #1

Help for selecting 150cc bike!

Hey ppl.... I am confused whether to buy a unicorn or a pulsar 150/180(black)...... My budget of 65000 covers all the bikes but my main criteria for the bike is mileage, performance and looks......
Plz help and post the mileage and other specs for the above bikes......

Last edited by Aditya : 29th March 2006 at 22:45.
Old 28th March 2006, 12:09   #2
BHPian

Check this thread, it might clear ur doubt or might confuse u more...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...a-unicorn.html

personally i would recommend the new black bajaj pulsar 180 dtsi.
Old 28th March 2006, 12:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi, check-out the new TVS Apache! It should be a good one! The next option would be Honda Unicorn! It is butter smooth, good ride comfort, decenet power & mileage!
Old 28th March 2006, 13:06   #4
BHPian

Hey m21a,
if ur confused between pulsar 150 and unicorn its understandable but between pulsar 150/180 and unicorn, pulsar 180 is the winner dude !!

if ur gonna read reviews ur gonna get more confused trust ur instincts ..
And finally pic a bike which u like ... ultimately ur the one whos gonna ride it.

Personally i feel ,go for 180 .... awesome performance , descent millage .. good looks . except for tat gas shock prob which even 150 has i havent heard any other .

Cheers !! vbmenu_register("postmenu_199354", true);
Old 28th March 2006, 16:47   #5
BHPian

I would agree with finneyp here dude. The TVS Apache should be a good bet, coz the 'cavitation' in the shocks would not be an issue as in case of the Pulsar.

Besides looks are pretty good, and the power seems quite decent, and it is now mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Also, TVS bikes are pretty well known to have smooth engines, good power delivery and weight distribution, and nimble handling.

Apart from that, I think the Honda Unicorn would be a better bet than the Pulsar, since the Pulsar is already common and the Unicorn will give you a better ride feel.
Old 28th March 2006, 17:10   #6

Thanks all for the feedback.... i agree turbo that the unicorn is an awesome bike but it lacks the manly feel which a bike needs to have have due to its quiet engine........ Also trip meters and small things are absent there.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th March 2006 at 22:46.
Old 28th March 2006, 17:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you want something different then look at kinetic gf lazer. Its one fine bike which lacks brand appeal. Has got more power than most 150cc bikes and also gives 45-50 kmpl mileage. the only downside is resale if you care about it.

most of the 150cc perfomance bikes give close to 45-50kmpl mileage but may vary on your driving style, city conditions, maintainence etc.

the pulsar 180 dtsi will give you 38-40 kmpl of mileage for the same conditins which is pretty good compared to the difference in power and hence the king.

if you can wait then yamaha Gladiator is gonna be the best of 150cc bikes.
Old 29th March 2006, 10:35   #8
BHPian

Honda Unicorn is what I'd go for!
Good Luck
Old 29th March 2006, 11:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
if you can wait then yamaha Gladiator is gonna be the best of 150cc bikes.

More details? Pics? Ive not heard of this new Yamaha bike.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:24   #10
BHPian

"Patience is a Virtue" , WHy dont u wait for the Release of Galdiator, the sporty version 150cc, underseat exhaust, 15.3 bhp(not sure), Fuel Injection system, estd price is 64k. its supposed to be realasing april 1st week(cant confirm).

If ya dont have tiem to wait , Th eunicron is Very good bike but since u need that feeling big n grrrrr look , Pulsar is da one u can go in for.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th March 2006 at 22:46.
Old 29th March 2006, 19:48   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
"Patience is a Virtue" , WHy dont u wait for the Release of Galdiator, the sporty version 150cc, underseat exhaust, 15.3 bhp(not sure), Fuel Injection system, estd price is 64k. its supposed to be realasing april 1st week(cant confirm).
The YAmaha 150cc is not going to be launched in April it is going to be the Gladiator 125cc with the Fazer engine. Also i do not think the 150cc version will get all the above mentioned gizmo and be priced at 64k.
Old 29th March 2006, 20:03   #12
BHPian

We have lots of folks here raving about the Honda Unicorn. While I agree that it's got a great smooth-revving engine, better gears than the pulsar, and good brakes, I haven't heard anybody commenting on its seat. The other day I rode my pal's unicorn for about 18 kms. It was my first long ride on a unicorn, and I came off with a sore thigh! Certainly not a bike I'd use for long drives of say 150+ kms...No sir!! And seat covers are not a big help either. Then we have this big rattle from the taillamp that nobody's been able to fix yet.
Nobody's noticed these?
So my personal choice would be a Pulsar. I don't know about the Achiever, but being an HH, it must have it's share of goodies.
Old 30th March 2006, 08:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
More details? Pics? Ive not heard of this new Yamaha bike.
they have the pics and details at xbhp.com for the 150cc gladiator.

Kinetic lazer 165, lml graptor 150 and yamaha gladiator are the three 150cc bikes which have got the best design in their segment.

if you have the courage to try out something new except the big names thanI have had LML adreno for many years and I have test driven graptor a long time ago. The graptor is designed by the same firm that designed the much famed DUCATI MONSTER cant say much about the Kinetic Lazer as I have not seen or driven one in real life. Yamaha Gladiator is going to be one helluva high-end bike and its worth waiting for.

If you are not among the ones to trust new stuff then stick to pulsar 150 or TVS apache. They are best-sellers and the sales speak for the bikes which again are excellent in their own respects. I have also owned a pulsar 180 V1.

Depends on your needs and likes.
Old 30th March 2006, 09:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
The graptor is designed by the same firm that designed the much famed DUCATI MONSTER cant say much about the Kinetic Lazer as I have not seen or driven one in real life.
Monster was designed by DUCAITI ?? whats the link with Daelim.
Old 30th March 2006, 11:43   #15
BHPian

dude , go for the new pulsar dtsi black. good looks, power and decent mileage too ..unicorn's engine is too smooth,the rear tyres are thin, not that good looking as the pulsar .Pulsar 180dtsi black is the KING in the segment..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks