Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Tire Query

Yeah the Masseters are recently launched tyres - the earlier ones (discontinued now) are the RevZs.

Pics of current tyres for reference - should I ride a little longer on them?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R Tire Query-20180503-16.28.12.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R Tire Query-20180503-16.28.26.jpg  

zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 11:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Are you sure? As I thought Masseter was a relatively new sporty tyre from MRF which was introduced only in 2016. I have Masseter in stock size at the rear, and I am rather happy with the grip it offers in both dry and wet conditions. But have to agree that the sidewall is on the stiffer side and the ride quality is quite harsh - especially when compared to the Michelin tyres I was running earlier.
My requirement was Masseter FX 80/90 -17. I enquired at Lal Tyres who had the stock from Nov 2016 and said MRF did not supply masseter after Nov '16. I also cross checked with a MRF dealer in Amazon who confirmed the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Yeah the Masseters are recently launched tyres - the earlier ones (discontinued now) are the RevZs.

Pics of current tyres for reference - should I ride a little longer on them?
Revz looks bad. In my case with the worn out Revz, anything apart from smooth roads, it was really hard to steer. Although I did 20000 kms on Revz before switching to Revz C1. Out of the 20k kms, 12k was done on highways.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 01:46   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess its time for me to change the tyres on my CBR 250. It has Contigo in the front and Michelin at the rear. From the time I bought it has done around 17K kms and the previous owner had added new tyres few K kms before selling the bike to me.

I went thru the last few pages and understand this thread really hasnt the latest info and hence want to check whats the suggestions on tyres / brands. Not a hard rider / corner craver but I like to go fast and usually keep at about 100-120 kmph on highways. No off-roading either.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th September 2020 at 01:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 02:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess its time for me to change the tyres on my CBR 250. It has Contigo in the front and Michelin at the rear. From the time I bought it has done around 17K kms and the previous owner had added new tyres few K kms before selling the bike to me.

I went thru the last few pages and understand this thread really hasn't the latest info and hence want to check whats the suggestions on tyres / brands. Not a hard rider / corner craver but I like to go fast and usually keep at about 100-120 kmph on highways. No off-roading either.
I have done 22K on the stock Contigos. By looking at them, my mechanic tells me that they will last atleast for another 10K kms, but I can sometimes feel them loose grip on tarmac. Rains is something I am afraid to ride with these tires.

I ride much similar to your's, probably that's where the 250r is comfortable. I would suggest you to go with Michelin, they're still the better ones. I too plan to change to Michelin once I get back to regular usage of the bike.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 07:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I went thru the last few pages and understand this thread really hasnt the latest info and hence want to check whats the suggestions on tyres / brands. Not a hard rider / corner craver but I like to go fast and usually keep at about 100-120 kmph on highways. No off-roading either.
Michelin, no second thought; even if you don't crave for corners, Michelin will give you a long life than the rivals for sure. Absolute value for money. Pls don't think of any other tire.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 09:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Michelin, no second thought; even if you don't crave for corners, Michelin will give you a long life than the rivals for sure. Absolute value for money. Pls don't think of any other tire.
+1 Michelin Pilot Street Radials are amazing. The previous owner had them and was pretty happy. I was impressed as well so when the time to change tyres came again, this was the only tried and tested option.

Have ridden them for 20+ k kms overall and they're very confidence inspiring in rains, snow and slush. The grip is simply amazing and I haven't had any punctures yet as well (maybe simply lucky)

My tyre dealer also sent me the below pics of these TVS and Maxxis tyres compatible with CBR. Haven't tried or read reviews so can't comment on them but just letting you know some of the options. Also haven't tried Pirellis and MRF for CBR yet but I hear they're good for the price, especially MRF.

If money is no concern, go for the Michelin PSR (approx 11- 12k for a set last time I checked). Get Made in Thailand one's, although I'm not sure you get any other make. Anything should be better than Contigos
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R Tire Query-screenshot_20200914095438__01.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R Tire Query-screenshot_20200914095431__01.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks