Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 13:45   #16
BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrel

Hello fellow teamBHPian's,
I'm interested in getting the 3m paint protection film installed for my pulsar220F. so I kindly want to know where all is this film applied on the bike and how much is the cost of getting it done? And is Mr.Venkat's Auto Service, the only place in Bangalore where it is done for bikes or is there any other place? I tried contacting Mr.Chethan from 3M, but he said that he has already quit 3M, so please help!
Old 18th June 2013, 13:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
I'm interested in getting the 3m paint protection film installed for my pulsar220F. so I kindly want to know where all is this film applied on the bike and how much is the cost of getting it done? And is Mr.Venkat's Auto Service, the only place in Bangalore where it is done for bikes or is there any other place? I tried contacting Mr.Chethan from 3M, but he said that he has already quit 3M, so please help!
I'm not sure if the 3M outlets which are detailing cars will cater to bikes as well.

Best option is to ask and find out.

Go to Auto Service and speak with Venkat. You can get the PPF installed anywhere on the bike as you like. It is a tad difficult to apply on the corners of panels though.

I got the film installed on the rear tail pieces of my Ninja 250R and it cost me 1100 bucks. It is expensive but a VFM option.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm not sure if the 3M outlets which are detailing cars will cater to bikes as well.

Best option is to ask and find out.

Go to Auto Service and speak with Venkat. You can get the PPF installed anywhere on the bike as you like. It is a tad difficult to apply on the corners of panels though.

I got the film installed on the rear tail pieces of my Ninja 250R and it cost me 1100 bucks. It is expensive but a VFM option.
When I checked for my 200NS at AutoService , they mentioned its only for the Tank Pad protection. Saw one transparent sheet and said the cost would come something like 650 RS.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Can folks here help me, if such a care exists in Coimabatore. Any pointers if the same is available in Chennai too would be of great help.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 22nd October 2014, 18:28   #20
BHPian

Got the 3M paint protection film treatment done on my new bikes tank today at their Andheri East outlet right after I took delivery. Was satisfactory and they are quite professional.

I was wary of teflon coating so decided to do the PPP treatment.

They first measure the surface of the tank of parts that you wish to apply the film followed by cleaning with a solution. Per square feet costs 463/- INR and overall 1391/-

I required 3 squarefeet for my tank.

Work was completed in about an hour. There are very minor bubble formations at some places but have been assured that it evaporates with sun exposure. It is not that visible except at the front of the tank where it overlaps slightly (that thin vertical line ahead of the fuel lid)- it's negligible and gives a very shiny and glossy look on the applied area. I did not find the need to do on parts where the graphic stickers are already there.

It is a finger print magnet btw!

3M officially does not cover the treatment for bikes, hence I had to acquire the bill with the registration number of my car.

Atleast I get the peace of mind of having my bikes tank area protected from any cuts and dings.

A must recommend for every Bhpian and bikers who love their bike.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.-xpro.jpg  

Last edited by ciddharth : 22nd October 2014 at 18:44. Reason: Description to be added
ciddharth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:46   #21
BHPian

In Bangalore, I have seen 3M posters in Teknik Motors Service outlet itself, and if i recollect it was around 1800 or so for Bullet. Need to check if they have stock, seems worth getting it done. I also believe Lets Gear up @ HSR layout may offer the same.
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:21   #22
BHPian

do they have any outlet in Delhi NCR location??
Old 24th October 2014, 21:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
do they have any outlet in Delhi NCR location??
Yes , They do. Here's the address

A-20, Kailash Colony, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048
011 4106 6990
Old 24th October 2014, 21:48   #24
BHPian

But thats car care not two wheel or bike zone.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
But thats car care not two wheel or bike zone.
They can do the work on bikes too. My Thunderbird went in on its way back from the showroom on day 1 of ownership. I got paint protectant on all metal panels, and PPF on the tank and half of front mudguard.

This was more of an unofficial thing though.

From one Sam to another
Old 31st January 2015, 00:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrajaram View Post
I also believe Lets Gear up @ HSR layout may offer the same.
I know this is an old post, but I was looking to get my still to be bought HD Street 750 3M Paint Protected once I got it and enquired at Lets Gear Up but even they referred me to Venkat's Auto Service in Banashankari. It's surprising that 3M brings out paint protection film for motorcycles, but does not have any other dealer in Bangalore who will do this job.
Old 31st January 2015, 18:22   #27
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.

Folks any idea on pricing of Paint Protection Film in Bangalore ?
I spoke to a friend who had found out from Auto Service that 0.5 metres of PPF would cost about Rs.2500. Is this correct ?
Old 1st February 2015, 10:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I spoke to a friend who had found out from Auto Service that 0.5 metres of PPF would cost about Rs.2500. Is this correct ?
Not sure of the cost per meter NPV but PPF is expensive.

When I bought my Ritz, I wanted the bumpers wrapped with PPF to avoid scratches from bikers squeezing in between when in traffic. I got only the corners wrapped since the cost of a new bumper with painting turns out cheaper than the PPF wrap for the entire bumper itself.

For my Ninja, I got the rear tail panels PPF'd and it cost me 1200 bucks back then. But they stay on the panels without peeling off so it's a one time cost with zero maintenance.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st February 2015 at 10:24.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 00:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I sent a query to 3M through their online portal last Friday asking if they had other dealers / authorised centers in Bangalore to get a 3M Paint Protection job done on Two Wheelers in Bangalore and on Monday they sent me a mail with the contact details of Mr. Deepesh. I haven't bothered contacting him as I am yet to get my bike. But I have his mobile number. Not sure if I can post his number on the forum though.

Mods, please advise if I can post mobile numbers on this forum.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 12:57   #30
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I sent a query to 3M through their online portal last Friday asking if they had other dealers / authorised centers in Bangalore to get a 3M Paint Protection job done on Two Wheelers in Bangalore and on Monday they sent me a mail with the contact details of Mr. Deepesh.
Can you please post the contact information and/or address where Mr. Deepesh will be available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks