Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 18:24   #31
BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.

I am not sure of the address, but his mobile number is: 0-98840-02418. Do let us know the details once you speak to him and also if they have any other authorized places in Bangalore that do the job. Prices if available will be helpful as well.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.

Hey, I had contacted 3M Vashi as well as Seawoods. So far none of them work on 2 wheelers. I want to apply PPF on my vespa mudguard. They said that for bikes different machines are needed. I was not convinced. Someone please tell me if they will do PPF officially (with bill) in Mumbai region. I don't mind travelling a bit to get it installed.
Old 27th April 2015, 09:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Hey, I had contacted 3M Vashi as well as Seawoods. Someone please tell me if they will do PPF officially (with bill) in Mumbai region. I don't mind travelling a bit to get it installed.
Hey blackswap you've the most beautiful looking scooter being sold in India at present. Although I am not into scooters much, but Vespa sure catches my attention. You can get the PPF done at the 3M outlet located in SEEPZ Andheri East MIDC. I got my Thunderbird 500 PPF'ed at this very outlet and was satisfied with the services. You can check out my Thunderbird500 thread to see the PPF application. The contact details for 3M Andheri East are as given below:

3M Car Care
MIDC Central Road, Near Seepz Gate No 1. Andheri East, Mumbai - 93, Maharashtra. Phone No - 7303994494, 022-28384494.

Note: The PPF process takes about a couple of hours to complete depending on the area to be covered. They have a nice little customer lounge area where one can wait. Hope this helps.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 27th April 2015 at 09:50.
Old 27th April 2015, 10:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hey blackswap you've the most beautiful looking scooter being sold in India at present. Although I am not into scooters much, but Vespa sure catches my attention. You can get the PPF done at the 3M outlet located in SEEPZ Andheri East MIDC. I got my Thunderbird 500 PPF'ed at this very outlet and was satisfied with the services. You can check out my Thunderbird500 thread to see the PPF application.
Thank you. I was hoping to get some inputs from you. I saw your 500 thread. It looks good.
I will be able to spare time only in the first week of June due to my exams. I will definitely get it done everywhere on the Vespa(budget permitting), but the front mud guard is a priority for now.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:33   #35
BHPian

I need to get my versys tank wrapped with 3M paint protector here in Bangalore. Any leads who can do it for my bike? Could not find any contact for now and looking for someone good. Appreciate all your expert opinion and lead
Old 13th February 2016, 19:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
I need to get my versys tank wrapped with 3M paint protector here in Bangalore. Any leads who can do it for my bike? Could not find any contact for now and looking for someone good. Appreciate all your expert opinion and lead
Auto service in Banashankari is authorized 3M PPF applicator in Bangalore for 2W. When Duke390 was launched, I was asked to get the PPF from them. The quote was around 1450 for the tank. Since the panels costed much lesser than that, I let it go. You can contact Shyam on +919243003337.

This place has got mixed bag of reviews here, so make sure you are cuffed to the bike all the time you are there while the job is being carried out.
Old 14th February 2016, 15:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Got this address from NPV's aviator ownership thread. He mentioned the 3M guys came down to his place for installing. I would suggest you go with this proposal rather than autoservice I had mentioned earlier.

If you need any help, let me know. This place is very near to my home.

Here's the contact information for these guys:
Signet Enterprises (Authorised 3M Bike Care Distributor)
#148, 4th Cross, 2nd Main,
Hanumantha Nagar,
Bangalore-560019

Sales executive: Kanikai Raj
Mobile:91-9035025714
Emailales05@signetblr.com
Old 29th December 2017, 13:01   #38
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Hey blackswap you've the most beautiful looking scooter being sold in India at present. Although I am not into scooters much, but Vespa sure catches my attention. You can get the PPF done at the 3M outlet located in SEEPZ Andheri East MIDC. I got my Thunderbird 500 PPF'ed at this very outlet and was satisfied with the services. You can check out my Thunderbird500 thread to see the PPF application. The contact details for 3M Andheri East are as given below:

3M Car Care
MIDC Central Road, Near Seepz Gate No 1. Andheri East, Mumbai - 93, Maharashtra. Phone No - 7303994494, 022-28384494.

Note: The PPF process takes about a couple of hours to complete depending on the area to be covered. They have a nice little customer lounge area where one can wait. Hope this helps.
I called the 3M outlet located in SEEPZ Andheri East and was told that they do not do bikes. Not sure what that's about!
Also I am still on the fence whether to go for PPF or ceramic coating. Read some stuff about PPF "yellowing" and being very prone to scratches and requiring waxing??
I was Leaning towards PPF as I expected it would be "maintenance free".
Not sure of the cost of PPF for the entire bike (Ninja 650 KRT). Ceramic coating (3 layers) runs around Rs. 7000 + Rs 500 for 6 monthly touch up.
Anyone got any advice / experience on this please ?
Old 29th December 2017, 15:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
..Read some stuff about PPF "yellowing" and being very prone to scratches and requiring waxing?? ..
Yellowing, well yes, the sticker has a subtle yellowish tint. This will be very obvious if you're applying it over a white paint. The film is unreasonably expensive to start with. I don't recommend doing a complete 3M PPF wrap on your bike. You'd be better off waxing/polishing at regular intervals.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 29th December 2017 at 15:15.
Old 15th February 2018, 16:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone in Bangalore have any recent experience with this service? I want to get my TB 350 stone fuel tank covered with PPF and looking to get a first hand experience before I take the plunge.

I tried calling the 2 relevant numbers here, while the first one provided by unk9ja did not answer his phone and the other one gave me another number to call which is not reachable.
Old 15th February 2018, 17:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Does anyone in Bangalore have any recent experience with this service? I want to get my TB 350 stone fuel tank covered with PPF and looking to get a first hand experience before I take the plunge.

I tried calling the 2 relevant numbers here, while the first one provided by unk9ja did not answer his phone and the other one gave me another number to call which is not reachable.
Hi Dass- I had checked with few 3M franchises in Chennai to do PPF for my classic 350. They have stated that they are not authorized to work on bikes and if needed we can buy the film and fix it outside.

Subsequently I had checked with RE showrooms and one of the guys have informed me that they do it at a cost of 1.2K . Please note that this will not cover the full tank and they paste it in the top portion of the tank. Sides are not covered as it does not fix properly due to the curves.

Please check with few more dealers in Bangalore and let me know how it is progressing.

Regards
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 13:43   #42
BHPian

Has anyone done 3M PPF in Mumbai recently for their bike? I'm thinking of getting it done for my Interceptor 650.
Old 1st November 2020, 13:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Is original 3M PPF available for bikes? I wanted to protect my tank
Attached Thumbnails
3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.-honda-11.jpg  

Old 1st November 2020, 18:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Is original 3M PPF available for bikes? I wanted to protect my tank
I'm pretty sure it's the same film that's used. Go for it. Since it's a small area to cover go for the premium version which has self healing clear coat.
Old 1st November 2020, 18:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but where? 3M car care wont entertain bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the same film that's used. Go for it. Since it's a small area to cover go for the premium version which has self healing clear coat.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks