Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 16:22   #16
BHPian

Re: My Yamaha RD350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Thanks. The other bike (2nd picture) has an expansion chamber. Is that a Spec II? If yes, wanted to know if the performance difference from stock silencer is noticeable.
No yaar they are not specII they are some locally made chambers and just make noise..i posted that picture as thats how it came to my hands...change from that to the US spec stock silencers was much better than the jetting not being proper with the chambers the sleeved engine already had multiple seizures...

If you want to go for chambers then it should be done by someone who knows the port duration of the barrels you are running in your bike.
Old 15th May 2012, 18:28   #17
BHPian

Hi Jay,

Nice work mate. I will hunt for that handle lock for sure once im back in action. [i'm down with an eye injury since last month]. I didn't ask my friends who travel to cochin to do it just because they are total noobs. They cant distinguish between an RD & RX . Ohh yes, they do ride splendors & passions. The one on my RD is short in length compared to the ones available in market these days. And its been working brilliantly for the past 3-4 years. Please wait till i get a chance to go, check and buy it personally..
Old 15th May 2012, 21:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
No yaar they are not specII they are some locally made chambers and just make noise..i posted that picture as thats how it came to my hands...change from that to the US spec stock silencers was much better than the jetting not being proper with the chambers the sleeved engine already had multiple seizures...

If you want to go for chambers then it should be done by someone who knows the port duration of the barrels you are running in your bike.
They look just like spec ones I'd come across. I am tempted to go for either the spec ii or the ridiculously expensive motocarrera. Maybe I will just go with the stock ones that I already have.
Old 16th May 2012, 21:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Hi Jay,

Nice work mate. I will hunt for that handle lock for sure once im back in action. [i'm down with an eye injury since last month]. I didn't ask my friends who travel to cochin to do it just because they are total noobs. They cant distinguish between an RD & RX . Ohh yes, they do ride splendors & passions. The one on my RD is short in length compared to the ones available in market these days. And its been working brilliantly for the past 3-4 years. Please wait till i get a chance to go, check and buy it personally..
Hi Arun,

thank you very much get well soon and then we can sort out the lock thing...no hurries...keep in touch and take care
Old 17th May 2012, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Awesome looking bike, can really see the attention to detail, hats off again, hope to see your bike in the next RD meet in Airlines.
Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 04:14   #21
BHPian

What a beauty! Takes me back to the Eighties. My cousin owned one of these (still does.) I still remember the scream of the engine. it was very difficult to ride that bike like a gentleman. It brought out the hooligan in me. Enjoy your ride and ride safe!
regards,
Ashok
ashphil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 12:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Superb!! The fit & finish is excellent. Let's have more high-res pics please.

When we were in high school/college we used to ogle at these beauties. Even in 1997-1999 (last years in school when we used to ogle ) there were not many left on the road worth looking at. In Pune there were very few properly maintained pieces remaining. Us students felt that in those days, every man worth his salt had to have one of these. Or the RX100. The insane acceleration at signals when the red lights changed to green was enough to give a high.

Pity that pollution norms killed these two bikes. The RX135 was a feeble attempt by Yamaha, somehow it never striked a chord with your heart in a way RX100 or the RD350 did.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 14:51   #23
BHPian

My dream bike. Good to see someone put in so much effort on a classic. Truly a great job done.

Had a doubt.. is the headlamp assembly an original RD unit or is it an RX unit?
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 16:46   #24
BHPian

Wow ! Its indeed a beauty, Congratulations for reviving the 2 stroker

What was the cost of the chasis ? How much did you spend on restoration job ?
Did you complete the run-in period ?
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 18:17   #25
BHPian

Congrats buddy. the bike is a stunner. though i was initially confused with the fairing and all
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 23:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
My dream bike. Good to see someone put in so much effort on a classic. Truly a great job done.

Had a doubt.. is the headlamp assembly an original RD unit or is it an RX unit?
Its the OE unit and koito beam only earlier in the bike it had a yezdi dome and bucket unit and since i changed it to OE from that it looks a bit smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Wow ! Its indeed a beauty, Congratulations for reviving the 2 stroker

What was the cost of the chasis ? How much did you spend on restoration job ?
Did you complete the run-in period ?
thank you i completed the running in i would have spent around close to around 1.5L incl engine rebuild, front end and cosmetics
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 12:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank you i completed the running in i would have spent around close to around 1.5L incl engine rebuild, front end and cosmetics
Jay,
Congratulations on the bike rebuild, looks very well planned. The front discs are simply too good compared to the standard US Discs. Would you be using Wiseco Pistons or running on the Original ART?
Old 4th December 2012, 12:58   #28
BHPian

Wow its indeed beautiful..

Congratulations and drive safe
Old 4th December 2012, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Jay,
Congratulations on the bike rebuild, looks very well planned. The front discs are simply too good compared to the standard US Discs. Would you be using Wiseco Pistons or running on the Original ART?
Hi am using the 320mm Ducati rotors...and the bike is running with ProX pistons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Wow its indeed beautiful..

Congratulations and drive safe
Thank you
Old 4th December 2012, 13:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi am using the 320mm Ducati rotors...and the bike is running with ProX pistons...

Thank you
Jay,
Would there be any maths you did before arriving at the 320 MM size or was it a simple case of you liking them and getting them fitted
Apologies if am asking you lot of question. But am sure this would be a 4 pot disc you have put in and will be very very effective if all the pressures are to optimal level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks