Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unveiled : 2013 Kawasaki Ninja-250R!

Really nice bike man. Wish they would somehow price it in the 2.25-2.5 Lac range like it is all over the world. 3 and above just does not do justice to the kind of numbers this machine would do in India. But maybe for Kawasaki and more likely Bajaj, that's exactly the idea .....
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:01   #17
BHPian

Is it just me or has anyone started to miss this timeless,classic design???

According to me,the 2013 Ninja design looks busy and is not very pleasing to the eye.It looks exceptionally good in some angles but otherwise its a tad too much overload.

The side fairing looks very much like the 650R,which is not a bad thing but it robs it off the exclusivity in terms of design.The digital console,the 140 section rubber and the alloys though are absolutely brilliant and are a welcome additions.

All in all,i can say that it did not induce that "WOW" when i saw the pictures!!!

Pic Courtesy : iamabiker.com
Attached Thumbnails
Unveiled : 2013 Kawasaki Ninja-250R!-250r.jpg  

Last edited by Porschefire : 3rd August 2012 at 14:03. Reason: Credits for the picture.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:51   #18
BHPian

Any idea when is the launch?, don't want to believe that I need to wait till 2013. Ninja 650R 2012 launch is just round the corner, so going by it do we need to wait till mid 2013. Common Bajaj & Kawasaki, you have the stuff ready and we are ready to pounce upon. Why such DELAY then!!!
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:04   #19
BHPian

i loved the new design. The busy design is a trend these days and even most litre bikes sport the same. I own the current Ninja and will gladly exchange mine for this baby. Brilliant i say!
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:09   #20
BHPian

Although we can only speculate the pricing at this point, I think Bajaj's strategy of associating the Ninja with the 'premium and exclusive' category is very clear.

From a business perspective, it might be a wise decision too. I mean, when they launch the various iterations of the Pulsar in the coming years, there should be no product overlap.

But, way to go with the styling Kawasaki
Old 4th August 2012, 13:35   #21
BHPian

first walk around video, i believe.
the red ones on my phone as wallpaper already
Old 5th August 2012, 01:43   #22
BHPian

Saw the below You tube video showing the making & design philosophy of Ninja 2012. Looks like it is launching in Indonesia this month . Hope to see it soon in India.

Old 5th August 2012, 02:47   #23
BHPian

Well just gone through the website of Kawasaki Indonesia where Ninja 250R has been launched. Below are the new features incorporated in New 2013 model-

Dual speedometer with both analog and digital sclaes. Assebly will also host clock

New modelled Exhaust silencer with short 2 into 1- change making the sound more melodic but comparitively less then outgoing model. Not sure I like it

Multireflector head lamp and inbuilt turn indicators-Design clues taken from ZX 10R

Front disk break floating design with 110 mm front and 140 mm rear wheel as against current 130 mm

Now coming to more functional changes-

ABS- Optional. Price for an ABS - INR 335,000 (IDR 56.5 million) and for non ABS INR 294,000 (IDR 49.5 million). Keeping in mind that old Ninja was traded at IDR 46.5 Million in Indonesia which is equivalent to INR 274,000 INR I am hoping that price for non ABS will change by 20K.

New Cylinder Design- design uses Bore plated similar to supersports models. Cylinder block is also lighter, weighing about 800 grams. This technology offers improved heat dissipation and better cooling. Double piston cylinder block is supplied with hard alumite coating with a top ring groove to keep the oil flow . Thus allowing constant cooling of the machine at any speed

Along with that engine is tweaked for more linear performance, more drivability in low and mid RPM.Good for city traffic , not sure it will be possible without compromising on high RPM performance as evident in case of new Cruze.

Color choices-(You can have it in as many colors as long as it is GREEN, sorry joking)

Choice of four colors Ebony black, Lime Green, Passion Red and Pearl White
ABS version will have Special edition dual tone shades -
Green Lime Ebony+ Passion Red, &
Passion Red+ Pearl White

Now the sad part is- BHP and Torque figures remains unchanged- 23.5 KW (32PS) @ 11000 RPm and 21 NM @ 10000 RPM. Our Indian version presently produce (24 KW)33 PS.

Also weight mentioned for new version is 172 KG (current model has dry weight of 152 KG, correct me if I am wrong- Does instrument cluster and increased fairing weighs 20 KG more??

Regards,
Maddy
Old 5th August 2012, 22:01   #24
BHPian

The Red one looks like a absolute scorcher. I think the newer one is so much better than the current model and will sell given the procing is smarter. Its about time Bajaj makes this one in India and sells it at about 2L giving CBR250 a run for its money.

I seriously wish this gets launched before december and with a proce tag of less than 3L.
Old 5th August 2012, 22:34   #25
BHPian

Last edited by a2k24 : 5th August 2012 at 22:35.
Old 6th August 2012, 20:52   #26
BHPian

Any indications on the price of this machine? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 6th August 2012, 21:38   #27
BHPian

I really dont think Bajaj will go for the option of local manufacturing. They should be looking at continuing ckd kits for the new Ninja. The most important reason being the re sale values for the current ninja owners will get affected.

However, like balenopower said, selling the current ninjas at decent re sale values and picking up new models will be on the wishlist of many current ninja owners.
Old 7th August 2012, 00:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I really dont think Bajaj will go for the option of local manufacturing. They should be looking at continuing ckd kits for the new Ninja. The most important reason being the re sale values for the current ninja owners will get affected.

However, like balenopower said, selling the current ninjas at decent re sale values and picking up new models will be on the wishlist of many current ninja owners.
Well not sure if new Ninja has anymore substance than ABS (optional, that too on 20K and 50K+ premium on old one, based on Indonesia price which goes above 49.9 Million , and I though our rupee is weakest) and looks. You tube has a decent comparison of old and new, and trust me old one look built to last while new one has tacky plastics all round. Also due to increased weight and 140 mm rear tyre, new Ninja will be tad slower (IMHO) in higher RPM zones, yes indeed city drivability would be enhanced due to more power at low rpm. But, that for me killing the DNA of the bike, its a rev happy bike and excitement grows when you rev up.

For me, in case of a non ABS version I will prefer older Ninja. So guys who wanna hurry up the sale of their possesion before the new Ninja launch, you got a perspective buyer .

Regards,
Maddy
Old 7th August 2012, 11:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Well not sure if new Ninja has anymore substance than ABS (optional, that too on 20K and 50K+ premium on old one, based on Indonesia price which goes above 49.9 Million , and I though our rupee is weakest) and looks. You tube has a decent comparison of old and new, and trust me old one look built to last while new one has tacky plastics all round. Also due to increased weight and 140 mm rear tyre, new Ninja will be tad slower (IMHO) in higher RPM zones, yes indeed city drivability would be enhanced due to more power at low rpm. But, that for me killing the DNA of the bike, its a rev happy bike and excitement grows when you rev up.

For me, in case of a non ABS version I will prefer older Ninja. So guys who wanna hurry up the sale of their possesion before the new Ninja launch, you got a perspective buyer .

Regards,
Maddy
I dont think we should conclude already how good or bad the new Ninja is going to be. Let some reputed magazines test it or even better lets test ride it ourselves once it is available in India. Only then will we be able to judge its capabilities.

Also, i sure know more than a few Ninja owners who would love some more response from the engine at lower revs as the bike also has to do urban duties and not just highways.

For me, i am looking at a substantial power hike for now.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I dont think we should conclude already how good or bad the new Ninja is going to be. Let some reputed magazines test it or even better lets test ride it ourselves once it is available in India. Only then will we be able to judge its capabilities.

Also, i sure know more than a few Ninja owners who would love some more response from the engine at lower revs as the bike also has to do urban duties and not just highways.

For me, i am looking at a substantial power hike for now.
Well Power output is same at 32.5 PS with an increase in kerb weight for Indonesia model. Please find below link for more information-

Kawasaki Motor Indonesia

Also there is a below comparison in built qulity from a Ninja 2013 owner. surely it will not be much different for India-

Regards,
Maddy
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks