Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 15:15   #31
BANNED

Re: Royal Enfield DVD - The Bible of UCE Engines (DIY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Brahma Motors, one of the RE dealers over here in Pune, I think has one such CD still in stock.
Well , they had.
Because I got it today

Yesterday I got a call from them informing me about it , now dont ask how they got my No. Even I am puzzled about it.(I dont remember how many doors & windows I knocked & left my No. for this)

The guy said " Mr Sudarshan, we have it for you " (In -"we got him"- tone) So I went there & bought it . Discovered that some Bong got it yesterday too. Well, hope to meet that fella soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
==The DVD is of a high security type. You have to install it to the computer and then the software will generate a unique ID based on your computer configurations, which you will have to sent to Royal Enfield along with your registration details ( ie name, address, phone) and all to get the unlock code. So even if I sent you the image of the DVD, it will be useless. Also please understand my helplessness as we are dealing with a copyrighted material here.
Now that I am minus 2860/- only INR from my net wealth, can you please guide me via PM as to where exactly I need to send this "ID" --- i am confused & stuck & now standing still (minus 2860 )

BTW All the while the thread was going on, I was following it hopelessly as its a difficult task to wake any Indian Company over such material . Then with all lost hope it was that call yesterday .

Thanks RE or the troubled soul, for informing me about the DVD

Sudarshan
Old 28th November 2013, 15:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Well , they had.
Because I got it today

Yesterday I got a call from them informing me about it , now dont ask how they got my No. Even I am puzzled about it.(I dont remember how many doors & windows I knocked & left my No. for this)

The guy said " Mr Sudarshan, we have it for you " (In -"we got him"- tone) So I went there & bought it . Discovered that some Bong got it yesterday too. Well, hope to meet that fella soon

Now that I am minus 2860/- only INR from my net wealth, can you please guide me via PM as to where exactly I need to send this "ID" --- i am confused & stuck & now standing still (minus 2860 )

BTW All the while the thread was going on, I was following it hopelessly as its a difficult task to wake any Indian Company over such material . Then with all lost hope it was that call yesterday .

Thanks RE or the troubled soul, for informing me about the DVD

Sudarshan

Hey Sudarshan,

That Bong is me. That CD really took some time to be procurred as even the CS team was not aware of this. [now they are aware though]

You can offcourse get the Authorisation code, if you call up the CS team. One Mr. Ananda Babu helped me over there. Please call after 9AM. [by the way Mr. Ananda knows a lot about Pune and knows marathi too, it was nice talking to him]

Best regards,
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 15:36   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Sudarshan,

That Bong is me.
Yes, I came to know it there only, believe me they told me your name & I matched it with bhp Handle

Quote:
You can offcourse get the Authorisation code, if you call up the CS team. One Mr. Ananda Babu helped me over there. Please call after 9AM. [by the way Mr. Ananda knows a lot about Pune and knows marathi too, it was nice talking to him]

Best regards,
Can you PM me their No. ? the one you used ?

regards

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I came to know it there only, believe me they told me your name & I matched it with bhp Handle

Can you PM me their No. ? the one you used ?

regards

Sudarshan
Just mail it to customer service @ royalenfield.com, the one available at the Eicher website. Of course it was Mr. AnandaBabu who replied to my mail and he was very helpful. I am really happy that RE has released the DVD again. So to conclude Royal Enfield ROCKS

@Majumdarda : Congratulations on your purchase and what is left now is the transition from newbie to the guru
Regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 20:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please check your message box

Quote:
...Royal Enfield ROCKS...
I would be more than happy if I know at least the basics in maintenance of Amun-Ra. I played the CD at night and it seemed great. Also it is a great gift for me while I am enjoying my vaccation. It will keep me occupied to a great extent. Though I cannot experiment on my motorcycle, but at least I will be prepared when I come back.

Credit goes to you as well for bringing this to light. Else how would we ever come to know about this DVD? At least not me. Thank you very much Adrian.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 15:39   #36
BANNED

Quote:
At last it seems that Royal Enfield heard the heart beat of their customers. The Royal Enfield "Self learning UCE module DVD" is in the stores
Plus 1 to this

Quote:
Install it in you computer, send the generated system id code to RE and get the authentication code. I am yet to do this, so more details on what might be inside is not known.
Goofedup here a little bit (more actually). Hell these computers, nothing mechanical in this.

But Finally with the help of the Customer Support & a very generous gentleman there (not naming him though unless he says so), who really was patient to listen to me & help me out.

Quote:
Finally it is a big.. I mean really big thanks to the Royal Enfield.
regards adrian
Thanks to you too, I would never had known about it so early.
Yes its a bold step & good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Guys it clearly says DIY for common UCE issues. So I am sure the engineers at RE would have given a thought or two about it while making this cd/DVD. On the other hand, this CD can be a boon for RE Raid De Himalaya guys, who may not find mechanics to repair the bike at remote places.
DIY is a mentality not everyone can afford. You invest labour & money & what you get back is awesome, you could ride alone anywhere without the fear of breakdowns.

Quote:
=== I cannot imagine to learn anything big/huge from this CD, reason as everyone points out -
Please wait
with my initial impressions, all I can tell is, it its going to be more.

Quote:
Rather than unnecessarily speculating and bashing RE lets wait for our member to get his approval code and then for sure Adrian will be kind enough to share the details of the contents of the DVD.
Quite right, bashing without actual information about its contents is not good

Quote:
Hey, there is nothing here to over react ! Royal Enfield is not even advertising this DVD. Why I got this was because I wanted to know more about===
absolutely correct thoughts Plus 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawerick View Post
Thanks Adrian. Was searching for something which gives info on the UCE. So after going through it do you feel a newbie could do basic DIYs by self on the bullet?
Its not rocket science, interest & plenty of commonsense will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grplr02 View Post
==- it'd be good to get a better understanding of your bike's internals, as well as be able to do some basic work on your own. Thanks!
Understanding of your own bike helps immensely.

Quote:
Hi team mates, ===== Sadly RE instructed the store from which I purchased the DVD, not to sell it to public
I am surprised, why they would do so ? defeating their own thing ? It must be the Dealers who naturally wont be happy with such thing

Quote:
==As a bottomline if you are able to get your hands on this DVD then you have found real treasure provided you use commonsense.
Rightly said

My initial expressions are like yours.

For all, Its not going to make you poorer. For sure it has the VFM .
2860 is certainly not an amount the RE buyers are not used to spend. (not naming those head bands n jackets)

Trust yourself learn as much about your bike try from smaller things, you can take your RE to any remote corner without worrying much. There will be very few things you wont be able to tackle, This CD is a sure help.

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 10:32   #37
BHPian

Recently the hard disk of my computer conked off. After installing a new one and upgrading to Windows 7 , I had installed the Royal Enfield DVD afresh and found out that the software has generated a new system id to which the password issued from Royal Enfield was not compatible. I had sent an e-mail to Sri.Ananda Babu yesterday night seeking guidance and he was very prompt to send me the 2nd time password by 9.00 am today.
So to conclude I am a very happy person being the recipient of this express service from Royal Enfield.
I also wish for an upgraded version of the DVD (which includes topics like front fork dismantling) to be launched by Royal Enfield.
regards adrian
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buddy, its not working. I tried installing the Flash Player 9, still getting the same error.

Can you give me the exact link so that I can down load the file. [bmajumdar1981 @ Gmail . com] sans spaces.

Best regards,

Bikramjit.
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:07   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buddy, its not working. I tried installing the Flash Player 9, still getting the same error.

Can you give me the exact link so that I can down load the file. [bmajumdar1981 @ Gmail . com] sans spaces.

Best regards,

Bikramjit.
Dear Brother, sorry for the delay in posting. Here is the link :
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

Do not, I repeat do not install flash player directly from the website since it will install the latest version. You will have to download the standalone installer for flash player 9 to your computer and then install it. Make sure that you uninstall the current flash player at first.
And one more thing install the UCE DVD afresh.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 3rd July 2014 at 13:16.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:39   #40

Quote:
Some screenshots of the contents of the DVD.
hi i want this dvd how to collect any cost if u have send me copy thanks
reply me on my mail
sanketdj@gmail.com
Old 27th April 2015, 16:44   #41

Quote:
Some screenshots of the contents of the DVD.
hi i want this dvd please send me copy of this dvd this my mail
sanketdj@gmail.com reply me
Old 28th April 2015, 11:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdj View Post
hi i want this dvd please send me copy of this dvd this my mail
sanketdj@gmail.com reply me
Hi sanketdj, the DVD is not a forbidden fruit anymore. Two of our members - Majumdarda and Sudarshan has procured the DVD. It is a high security / copyrighted product, for which you will have to get the activation key directly from Royal Enfield after registering with them. So I would advise you to get in contact with the Royal Enfield authorized parts dealer in your home town and pester him. The parts number and price, along with the procedure for activation is available in the previous posts.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 28th April 2015 at 11:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks