Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2017, 16:46   #46
BHPian

Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Hi Vibhanshu as suggested by most of the members, please take some time out and pay a visit to RTO. If you will explain the matter to RTO officer in charge (not the clerks / peons etc) he / she will surely help you. In RTO you will find all the resources (notary, agents etc) to sort out the matter. A vehicle without RC can be quite troublesome in certain situations (God forbid!).

Please don't bother about the Ford dealership too much at this moment. You can tackle them later. Good Luck and keep us updated.
You're right, however, there's been some movement actually on this matter.
More so, the application is already with RTO (and so is my RC Book), but nevertheless, I agree that escalating to RTO will help. More update below in this post, there's been movement here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Agree 100% to PraNeel here, forget about the dealership for now. Take first priority to get the RC.

Take a day off and visit the RTO in the morning around 10. Please be in you business casuals attire (don't ask me why ) and have all the documents possible to carry with you. Ask for the peon sitting in front of the RTO or Additional/Assistant RTO for an appointment. Please be patient for the appointment, remember you have taken the day off for this.

Explain him your ordeal and ask for suggestions. Don't worry, you would be surprised to see those officers behave totally opposite to what common people think of RTO.
If you face a stone wall there (very unlikely), then you may have to try out the agent way. once you have the RC with you all sorted out, there would be ample of time and resource at your disposal to bring those crooks to justice (if you feel so).
Will do. Thanks for the detailed suggesting, definitely helps!

UPDATE:
After the last disappointing conversation with Ford India I escalated the matter to David (Ford Head for South East Asia), followed by 2 tweets to Anurag and Ford India about this matter. With-in 48 hours I got a call from the CEO of SC Ford, Jaspal.

In that conversation I asked to return my RC book so that I can get the work done myself. Apparently the Jaspal, CEO was very apologetic and insisted that work is in progress already and the update from RTO on this matter is scheduled on 7th of July. He mentioned that he is personally speaking to RTO Officials. I did tell him that it took 1 email and 2 tweets to get things rolling. And the lady from SC Ford, Usha, was in the 'apologetic mode' and not screaming at me for a change.

2 hours later I get a call from the same dude from Ford Chennai (who said 'we're not liable') apologising and giving me an update on the progress.

I've drafted all that conversation on email as well, just in-case. I hope there's an update on 7th!
Vibhanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 19:19   #47
BANNED

Re: SC Ford + Ford India: Correct RC Book not received, even after 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I've drafted all that conversation on email as well, just in-case. I hope there's an update on 7th!
Any updates today from Ford India or the dealer from whom you purchased the car regarding the registration certificate.
Old 4th May 2018, 19:39   #48

Re: Incorrect Name on Registration Document

Transfer of ownership of Car.

I had bought the car from one Anand Hariharan in 2014. I had submitted the papers for transferring the Car to my name in July, 2014. The car was transferred to my name by the RTO with effect from 31st July, 2014.

Now on verification with the Parivahan Sewa (https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan) web site, I find that the car has not been transferred to my name and is still in the name of Anand Hariharan.

I have written to the RTO to look into the matter and arrange to update your records and tranfer the Car to my name. I have enclosed photocopies of the registration certificate and copy of the entry in the file of Parivahan Sewa.(https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan)

This should have been a separate thread. But I am not able to start a new thread.

Please advise what is to be done now.
Old 7th May 2018, 13:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey_45 View Post
Transfer of ownership of Car.

Now on verification with the Parivahan Sewa (https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan) web site, I find that the car has not been transferred to my name and is still in the name of Anand Hariharan.
I dont think you need to worry on this IF your RC book has the RIGHT current owner name.

What I have noticed is, parivahan site gets updated once in 2 weeks. For one of my cars that was purchased 3 months back, I have seen the owner name toggling between old owner name and new owner name at least 2-3 times.

What I mean is, The RC book having new owner name mentioned clearly is issued and delivered to my house address. However, when I check the owner name in Parivahan site, initially, I used to see OLD Owner name(before RC card delivery. After few days after new RC card received, I saw NEW Owner name, again after few more days, the name got changed to old owner name. Now, it is showing new owner name.

So, it is not consistent
Old 7th May 2018, 17:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is a design issue with the parivahan site. Even in my case my earlier car still shows my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
What I have noticed is, parivahan site gets updated once in 2 weeks. For one of my cars that was purchased 3 months back, I have seen the owner name toggling between old owner name and new owner name at least 2-3 times.
I dont think any updation happens on the parivahan site. A car that I sold and changed ownership 2 years back continues to show my name as the owner.
Old 7th May 2018, 21:04   #51

Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

I wrote a letter to the RTO enclosing the RC and the printout from Parivahan site. The RTO told my driver who had gone to the RTO office that the records have been updated. Suddenly I find that Parivahan site is giving my name. I think the local RTO office updated the information on receipt of my letter.

Thank you for the response.
Nickey_45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote a letter to the RTO enclosing the RC and the printout from Parivahan site. Suddenly I find that Parivahan site is giving my name. I think the local RTO office updated the information on receipt of my letter.
Recently, I sold my bike and got RC book back in 3 days, after name transfer. Next day, I checked with Digilocker app (Android) and it reflected the name transfer .

When I bought a new bike, within 7 days fo registration, 'Digilocker' showed the registration details, albeit, I am yet to get the Original RC book . It happened in Chennai - Southwest RTO and hope, it should be same across all the RTOs

Digilocker app, seems to be handy.

Last edited by tstlnt : 31st May 2018 at 11:03.
tstlnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:02   #53
BHPian

Hi All,

I had recently bought a used Car for a friend. The new RC Book has his last name spelled incorrectly. They have replaced “E” with “A” in the surname. There was an issue in getting the car transferred. The RTO had misplaced the original RC and it took more than 4 months to get the car transferred. Getting the name change would take another couple of weeks. Though a small mistake wouldn’t hamper us my question is would we face any problem if we have to claim insurance at a later stage. Just because “E” in his surname has been replaced with “A”?
Old 20th November 2018, 20:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Though a small mistake wouldn’t hamper us my question is would we face any problem if we have to claim insurance at a later stage. Just because “E” in his surname has been replaced with “A”?
To answer simply, No.

The insurance companies generally don't look at minor spelling errors in name, the other things being in correct order. i.e the engine chassis numbers etc.

But do remember if you transfer the vehicle to your name, then the name in the existing insurance policy has to be transferred within 14 days of name transfer in RC or else it becomes void even if the period is still remaining in the old name.

Last edited by The Great : 20th November 2018 at 20:17.
Old 20th May 2021, 00:52   #55
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

I apologize for reviving an old thread for my query but it is the most relatable thread for incorrect details in RC.

I purchased a 2016 Patiala Registered (2005 Ex army) Maruti Gypsy from a reputed dealer in NCR in May 2020. The RC has diesel written as fuel even though the car is petrol. The engine number also matches with the one written on RC. Due to this, I am not able to get the pollution done nor I am able to get the car transferred in my name. What is the way forward to get the RC details rectified? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Akash
Old 20th May 2021, 11:53   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash_1806 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I apologize for reviving an old thread for my query but it is the most relatable thread for incorrect details in RC.

I purchased a 2016 Patiala Registered (2005 Ex army) Maruti Gypsy from a reputed dealer in NCR in May 2020. The RC has diesel written as fuel even though the car is petrol. The engine number also matches with the one written on RC. Due to this, I am not able to get the pollution done nor I am able to get the car transferred in my name. What is the way forward to get the RC details rectified? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Akash
The available option is to go to the RC office with the vehicle and give a written request to the RTO.

You would be having a tough time because the vehicle is 5 years old!
Old 17th October 2021, 06:39   #57

Hello Folks

I purchased a Honda Brio from TVS (Sundaram Honda) in 2013. The RC at the time of delivery had a correction in the model. The model name was corrected with correction fluid to show Brio, and on enquiry the Dealer assured me that the records were in order.

When I tried to get the insurance online, I found that the model is recorded as Honda City instead of Honda Brio. The Parivahan website also confirms this.

The dealer SUNDARAM HONDA has washed their hands off and returned the RC, saying they ate unable to correct it. This attitude from SUNDARAM HONDA is very unethical and unprofessional. I've asked them to return the facilitation charges that they charged at the time of sale.

Honda Cars India is also totally unhelpful. I've complained by mail as well as by phone.

The chassis and engine numbers are correct. Is it required to go through the hassles of getting the RC corrected to show the correct model?
Old 16th January 2022, 08:02   #58
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a 2017 XUV500 W10 AWD from Spinny.

There is one problem in the RC, the car model is mentioned as FWD and not AWD, same is the case in the insurance.

All other details like chassis number and engine number are matching.

How do I get this be corrected in the RC?

I think once updated in the RC, updating the insurance shouldn't be a problem.

Can someone advice on this.

Last edited by Nishith : 16th January 2022 at 08:03. Reason: Reworded a sentence

Most Viewed