Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 09:13   #1
BHPian

Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

I purchased a Rodeo RZ 1 month back and in my RC Book it is showing as Duro DZ, what will i do now? Even my address is misspelled. Shanti Nagar in place of Shastri Nagar. :(
Old 28th September 2012, 12:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
I purchased a Rodeo RZ 1 month back and in my RC Book it is showing as Duro DZ, what will i do now? Even my address is misspelled. Shanti Nagar in place of Shastri Nagar. :(
If it was facilitated by the dealer, please get back to them and stay on their tail till this is sorted out! Other options are to visit the RTO yourself if you have time or get hold of an agent who can get the work done.
Old 28th September 2012, 15:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
I had similar experience when we bought the TVS Fiero F2 in 2003... the RC stated it was a Victor 110 until I pursued the Dealer to get it updated to Fiero 150.
Old 29th September 2012, 00:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If it was facilitated by the dealer, please get back to them and stay on their tail till this is sorted out! Other options are to visit the RTO yourself if you have time or get hold of an agent who can get the work done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I had similar experience when we bought the TVS Fiero F2 in 2003... the RC stated it was a Victor 110 until I pursued the Dealer to get it updated to Fiero 150.
I would say get the Dealer to fix it. It's their mistake and they aught to fix it. My RC was incorrectly done 3 times for my Honda CBR250R before everything was sorted out. The Honda dealer in Gurgaon was apologetic and was ok about taking care of this.
Old 29th September 2012, 11:53   #5
BHPian

re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

Chase the dealer for this correction.
Its their responsibility to get it corrected.
Bazinga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 14:25   #6
BHPian

Re: Incorrect Vehicle Name on Registration Document

I suggest that you push the dealer to get his done from his side. The fault is in his side and there is no need for you shell out any extra paisa for the same.

If this is not changed now, you will have a tough time when you are disposing this vehicle at a latter date.
Old 29th September 2012, 20:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

One of the most common mistakes! Pearl Honda messed up the surname when we bought a City in '08.

Have the dealer rectify the records and most importantly, ensure the RC, Warranty booklet and the Insurance papers all have the correct data.
Old 1st October 2012, 10:48   #8
BHPian

Go to the dealer and state the problem , they will push their agents to get it corrected

My rc mentioned I had a YZF-R1 instead of a FZ1
Old 10th August 2016, 10:39   #9
BHPian

Punto Re-registration in Kolkata - Car type mentioned as Saloon instead of Hatch

A friends 2012 Punto Petrol 1.4 was bought in Bangalore, Karnataka and when he moved to Kolkata, he tried to pay the local road tax.

The "good" folks at the RTO had taken his original RC and had given him a new one which says the car type as "Saloon" while the earlier RC mentioned "Hatch".. :(

Can our Kolkata Punto owners help and let us know what is the type mentioned in their RC books?

Thanks.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:54   #10
BHPian

Re: Punto Re-registration in Kolkata - Car type mentioned as Saloon instead of Hatch

My A-star is a 'Saloon' as per my Hyderabad RTO RC certificate.

It doesn't make a difference as such IMO. I even got hypothecation removed from the RC and the classification as 'Saloon' continued.
dheepak10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 11:05   #11
BHPian

Re: Punto Re-registration in Kolkata - Car type mentioned as Saloon instead of Hatch

The important information on the RC are:
- Owner's name (spelled correctly)
- Car make and model
- Engine number
- Chassis number
- Colour (regardless of what the manufacturer calls it, if it's a shade of red then the RC should at least have "red" as colour

As long as these information are accurate, legally you are in the clear.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 11:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

My MH12 registered 2006 Swift also mentions body type as "saloon". I find it odd but it's not really a big factor in any potential resale. I don't think you need to sweat it!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 11:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Your friend will now have fun trying to get the bangalore road tax refunded, I expect. With a 4 year old car it'd have been far cheaper to actually sell it in Bangalore and buy a new or pre owned one in kolkata.

I've been going through the transfer and now the refund process and it is exquisitely painful, demanding a lot of patience. :(

As others have pointed out, the hatch / saloon type is immaterial, different RTOs have different entries in their system for this sort of thing and as long as the engine and chassis numbers and manufacturer are a match, nobody cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
A friends 2012 Punto Petrol 1.4 was bought in Bangalore, Karnataka and when he moved to Kolkata, he tried to pay the local road tax.

The "good" folks at the RTO had taken his original RC and had given him a new one which says the car type as "Saloon" while the earlier RC mentioned "Hatch".. :(

Can our Kolkata Punto owners help and let us know what is the type mentioned in their RC books?

Thanks.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:01   #14
BHPian

I think in Maharashtra all cars are called as "Saloon" in RC Book....I have been observing this for nearly 10 years now. Even my Beat is listed as a Saloon
fazayal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:03   #15
BHPian

For my 2013 Nissan Micra XV CVT, it's quoted as sedan in RC card under Vijayawada RTO.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 10th August 2016 at 12:04.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks