Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 10:46   #1
BHPian

With 10 April nearing the aspirations of all Ninja fans must be soaring. Well to be very frank the bug of buying a sports bike bit me almost a month back though as all conservative Indians would say " Pretty Late in life". But I guess one should get younger at heart with each passing year. so it all began when I came across a friend Mr Amrinder who was passing town on an R1.i immediately decided that I too need to buy a bike now. The last one I owned was a Yamaha RXZ 135 which was considered real hep when it was launched I guess somewhere in 96. So that got me short listing bikes presently available in the Indian Market. Since I am presently driving a CRV and have been away from the biking experience for quiet some time I found the research very interesting . I was clear that I will not go in for a daily commuting bike also with due apologise to all RE diehard fans somehow the RE's don't appeal to me.......probably I see a lot of them daily in the course of my job. So the next available choices were:

1. Ninja 650
2. Ninja 300
3. R1
4. Fireblade
5. CBR 250

As I would hardly be located at big metros owning a litre class bike would have been a problem as far as maintenance is concerned also I would run out of road pretty soon. So that left me with the choice between the Ninja family and the CBR 250. Though 650 is the ultimate bike as a daily commuter and as a sports variant entry level superbike the only thing which made me drop it from my list was the price. So ultimately there were two bikes to choose from ie Ninja 300 and CBR 250. As Ninja 300 is yet not available here all my research was from International forums. the CBR though is a good effort from Honda but some how the fit and finish as compared to Ninja was ( my personal feeling) wanting. Also it does not give the mean looks of a sports bike. I had the opportunity of riding a 250 for a day and this is what I observed:
1. The engine though is pretty refined but it lacks the excitement.
2. The fit and finish , paint quality and plastic quality leaves scope for improvement.
3. The profile does not look imposing enough.

So the last in the list was ninja 300. Though it is still a few days away from launch and no Indian ownership reviews are available but a lot of International reviews are on the net. Influenced by these reports I have taken the plunge and have booked a 300 with Pro Biking. Deliveries will start some time end of April. As only two colours will be available ie Green and White, I have gone for the characteristic green of ninja. Again no ABS or Special edition for the Indian What really got me going for this bike was that First off, it looks gorgeous, with proper big-bike styling that fools many a passer by into thinking it's a 600cc plus sports bike (aided by the lack of any stickers except, simply, 'Ninja'). It has big-brother design cues - especially the twin headlights, windscreen, fairing and exhaust.

Its genesis is clearly a scaled-down middleweight rather than a hopped-up 125. This is a 'small' bike you can own and stare at fondly without feeling like you're at the rear end of the food chain.Despite the displacement increase, Kawasaki claims the Ninja 300 gets better gas mileage than its predecessor.Instead of starting from scratch, engineers stroked out the existing 250 engine to create the Ninja 300 Parallel Twin. Stretching the cylinder from 41.2mm to 49mm accounts for the new 296cc displacement, but altering that internal dimension mandated a cascade of changes, and Kawasaki claims about 45% of the new engine’s parts are redesigned.New oil passages in the crank cases improve engine cooling, and the oil pan is redesigned with more efficient cooling fins. It also increased in volume to handle the now 2.4 liter (up from 1.7) oil capacity.

Incidentally, the new oil pan offers an extra 0.4 inches of ground clearance. The new 300 also features the convenience of a spin-on oil filter that can be reached without taking off the bodywork. Same goes for the drain plug, making for quicker maintenance jobs. It’s a laundry list of engine changes that add up to an impressive claim of 39 horsepower – an increase of eight ponies from the 250 predecessor. And, as Kawasaki will remind anyone who’ll listen, the 300 cranks out 13 more horsepower than its Honda rival. That’s a 50% increase in peak power. The six-speed transmission features a slipper clutch, one of the headlining components of the new bike.The Ninja 250 was always known as one of the best handling sport bikes on the market. To uphold the family honour, the 2013 Ninja 300 features a new frame that uses new high-tensile steel main tubes that are 150% more rigid than the tubes in last year's model.

Revised tube shapes and additional gusseting also help provide better longitudinal stiffness for better feel during extreme sport riding. Though the main frame is more rigid for better handling, not all rigidity is positive; that's why Kawasaki engineers designed new rubber front engine mounts that help make this model noticeably more smooth, despite the extra power produced by its new 296cc engine. New bodywork inspired by the Ninja ZX-10R superbike, provides cutting-edge styling, as well as effective heat management and superb aerodynamics. The Ninja 300 not only looks great, but also features a new floating windscreen design to help minimize buffeting and provide a smoother airflow around the rider's helmet.

6th Jun So finally the day has come when I got delivery of my 300 after a wait of almost 2 months I had the opportunity of driving the vehicle for around 300kms plus back home. So now I am in some position to post the initial experience of ownership.

SO THE JOURNEY BEGINS

As requested by me i reached the KTM showroom at Chandigarh at 10 AM sharp for collection of my ninjette. I was eager to get over with the formalities at the earliest as i had a long journey back home. True to their words they had the bike ready by 10:30 and the paperwork was over by 12. So i hit the road directly from the showroom as i had already checked out from my accomodation in the morning.

LOOKS: As the looks department is concerned i am yet to see bike with such good curves in the quarter litre segment. The paint quality is top notch and the plastic quality is also great. Trust Kawasaki to live up to their reputation. In fact the bike is quiet a head turner where ever it goes. As it is such a limited edition i was feeling scared of leaving it open in public places knowing the nosy Indian mentality. The bike looks the best from front 3 quarters. From the sides it looks a taddy bland (my personal opinion) probably because i had seen a lot of spl edition photos, it is only the lack of graphics which makes it seem so.

RIDE: As i mentioned that i had almost 300 kms to drive in the first instance it was quiet a pleasent experiance. I drove for almost 50kms in Chandigarh peak traffic and not for one instance that i felt that the bike was lugging. In fact it felt quiet at home on Indian roads thanks to its tall gear ratios. Though the bike is almost 172 Kgs but its very nimble in handling I personally rode a bike after almost 5 years as till now I have been commuting in my CRV but believe me it did not feel uncomfortable even for a second. The ride quality is on the stiffer side but I guess it suits the Indian conditions. The only thing which quite literally was a pain in the rear is the hard seat. This is one thing which could have been looked into. The seating position is also very comfortable, its not the all out committed position of a track machine. Hardly felt any pressure on my wrists though 300kms at a stretch did pose some strain on my back but its because one my age and second as it was the first time I was riding in that position. This I am sure will get accustomed to shortly.

PROS
This is a never ending list but the cons of more significance so I will dwell on them more.

CONS
1. Absence of ABS, this a lot of people have discussed so wont touch the topic.
2. I rode through a slushy patch and the end result was that the radiator was caked in mud. This is OK during short rides but on longer tours one will have to splash it clean every time for efficient cooling.
3. The instrument cluster though is good but could have been slightly bigger with info like engine temp and gear indicator. In fact to be frank a lot of times I was looking for the non existent 7th gear.
4. Kawasaki should have at least used LED in the turn indicators.
5. On planting my toes on the foot pegs the right foot touched the exhaust quiet a number of times.

WHAT I LIKED
There are small small things which you would love about this bike:
1. There are hooks under the rear seat and also along the rear foot pegs which help you fasten luggade on the rear seat.
2. The gear lever needs to to pressed only about 2 inches in order to enable smooth shifting of gears.
3. The gear shift and transition itself is really smooth.
4. There is absolutely zero viberation generated from the engine which can be transmitted to the rider despite the fact that the foot pegs are full alloy with out any rubber.
5. Even on highways if a vehicle crosses close to you at high speeds the bike is absolutely stable in the turbulence created in the afterwake.
6. Surprisingly the horn has a very pleasent sound, though its not that loud that if my make the person in front of you kump out of his shoes.

Some specs taken from Kawasaki's Website;
Key Features
- 296cc liquid-cooled, parallel-twin design offers far superior highway passing power and clearly dominant acceleration compared to other lightweight sportbikes
- New ABS brakes fitted for the first time on a lightweight Ninja sportbike
- New Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system uses dual 32mm throttle bodies and provides both improved fuel economy and cleaner emissions compared to last year's 250
- New F.C.C. clutch with assist and slipper functions provides more power handling capability with significantly less effort. Design also makes clutch easier to modulate and helps reduce the effect of back-torque to reduce wheel hop when downshifting
- New supersport bodywork takes its cues from the Ninja® ZX™-10R superbike and raises lightweight sportbike styling to the next level
- New frame uses high-tensile steel main tubes that are 150% more rigid and provide superior feel and agility compared to last year's 250
- New 10-spoke 17-inch wheels look great and the rear rim has grown ½" wider, allowing the use of a larger 140-section rear tire for 2013
- Revised six-speed transmission features a new roller-type shift drum for smoother actuation and stronger gears for maximum durability. It also offers wide selection of ratios to match varied riding conditions and its positive neutral finder makes it much easier to find neutral when stopped
- Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS) uses a special deflector to channel hot air from the back of the radiator, so that it exits the bottom of the motorcycle, instead of being blown onto the rider
- Low 30.9-inch seat height and tapered seat boosts confidence for smaller riders

New 296cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for nimble handling
- Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with excellent mid-range and high-rpm power for effective highway performance
- New intake ports taper from 1mm wider at the throttle body to .5mm wider at the valve seats
- New 23.6mm intake valves are 1mm larger than last year
- New cam chain design reduces friction for increased power and efficiency
- Revised 10.6:1 compression ratio allows the use of regular 87-octane unleaded gasoline and helps reduce operating temperatures
- New lighter pistons reduce reciprocating weight and feature a hard anodized coating for reduced friction and increased performance at every rpm
- Revised piston bottoms efficiently route cooling oil across underside of piston
- New lighter piston pins reduce reciprocating weight and help preserve a high redline
- New shorter connecting rods offset new longer crank throws
- New sleeveless "open-deck" die-cast aluminum cylinders are 800 grams lighter and feature a friction-reducing "T-treatment" plating
- New thicker crankshaft balancer webs help offset the new longer crank throws
- New crank journal bearings are made from a stronger alloy for increased durability
- New crank cases feature improved oil passages
- New large-volume 2.4 liter oil pan features cooling fins and better ground clearance
- New easy-to-access cartridge type spin-on oil filter helps simplify maintenance

New Exhaust System
- New curved 2-into-1 header design contributes to the Ninja 300's low- and mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
- New complex geometry silencer design offers modern styling and meets all regulations without compromising engine performance
- New large brushed-finish metal silencer guard boosts noise reduction and helps protect passenger from exhaust heat
- Meets strict Euro 3 emission standards with a single catalyzer in the collector section

Liquid Cooling with KAMS
- Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS) uses a special deflector to redirect hot air from the radiator fan, so it exits the bottom of the motorcycle instead of being blown onto the rider
- Lightweight Denso radiator offers effective engine cooling with minimal space and weight
- Fan design uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
- Fins on the lower side of the crankcase provide additional engine cooling

Six-speed Transmission with New F.C.C. Assist Clutch
- New F.C.C. clutch with assist and slipper functions is able to handle more power and requires significantly less lever effort to operate. Design also makes clutch easier to modulate and helps reduce the effect of back-torque to reduce wheel hop when downshifting
- Revised six-speed transmission features a new roller-type shift drum for smoother actuation and stronger gears for maximum durability. It also offers wide selection of ratios to match varied riding conditions and its positive neutral finder makes it much easier to find neutral when stopped
- Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power

Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
- Dual 32mm Keihin throttle bodies and a digital ECU offer easy starting, superior throttle response, and help provide low fuel consumption
- DFI® makes the Ninja 300 cleaner and more fuel efficient than last year's 250, even though it now makes significantly more power.

New Chassis
- New frame uses main pipes made from high-tensile steel tubing that is 150% more rigid than the tubes in the previous Ninja 250R's frame. The added rigidity provides much better chassis response and improved steering precision and feel
- Frame design and chassis tuning offer confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
- Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame's rigidity and helps achieve an optimal balance of chassis stiffness
- Square-beam swingarm compliments the new frame's rigidity

Updated Suspension
- Revised tuning on the 37mm telescopic front fork compliments the new more rigid frame and wider rear tire
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension linkage helps provide predictable sportbike handling and good ride comfort
- Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload to help manage rear ride height whether riding solo or with a passenger
- New Wheels & Tires
- New 17-inch 10-spoke wheel design has a more modern appearance
- New 4" wide rear rim is ½" wider than the old Ninja 250R's back wheel
- New rear tire is 10mm wider than the tire on last year's Ninja 250R, for increased stability and improved sportbike handling
- New IRC RX-01R tires were developed in conjunction with Kawasaki and are a perfect match for the improved dynamics of the 2013 Ninja 300. They also provide better wet weather performance than the Ninja 250R's tires

New High-Tech Instrumentation
- Large easy-to-read analog tachometer
- Multifunction digital display features an easy-to-read speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, digital clock and warning lights
- Economical riding indicator (ECO) illuminates to let the rider know when they are operating the Ninja 300 in a manner that will maximize fuel economy

New Aerodynamic Bodywork
- All-New bodywork features styling inspired by the Ninja ZX-10R superbike
- New floating windscreen design helps reduce turbulence and rider fatigue
- Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, minimalist tail section and separate seats further enhance this sportbike's aggressive appearance
- Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
- New two-stage under-seat storage compartment can hold a U-lock or similar device and is hinged for easy access to the tool kit located beneath the storage tray
- Two hooks under the tail, plus two behind the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike

Ergonomics
- New rider's seat design is narrower near its front section, making it easier for riders to reach the ground
- New passenger seat features a flatter design which makes it easier to secure cargo or soft luggage
- Slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, slightly raised handlebars give the Ninja 300 a naturally comfortable riding position .
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-kawasakininja300r1024x705.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-122312side1.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-2013kawasakininja300wing1619.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-2013kawasakininja300wing1636.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-2013kawasakininja300wing1786.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-2013kawasakininja300exhaust.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-kawasakininja30019.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130607_135332.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130608_133851.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2013 at 12:37. Reason: Adding your review post to the opening post itself
sameer kumar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 11:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling

Congratulations Sameer!

You seem to have researched really well. You are going to spend your $$$ in the nicest way possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post

1. Ninja 650
2. Ninja 300
3. R1
4. Fireblade
5. CBR 250
You may buy/own Bike no. 1, 2 or 5 and 3 or 4. They are so very different.

Quote:
1. The engine though is pretty refined but it lacks the excitement.
It is still faster than most Cars you shall find. Keep it on boil and past 10,000 revs & you won't complain much.

Quote:
2. The fit and finish , paint quality and plastic quality leaves scope for improvement.
If you had said this about the CBR-250R, I would have agreed. Even the CBR-250R might appear to be lower quality wise (the CBR 250R) but isn't so. Unarguably, the Ninja appears better.

Quote:
3. The profile does not look imposing enough.
That is very personal. But for a 250, its imposing enough.

How much was the booking amount? How much would it cost? I have been hearing figures as high as 4L OTR Pune/Bangalore.

And hope your wait ends soon :-)

Last edited by Sheel : 6th April 2013 at 11:34.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 11:39   #3
BHPian

Does the bike get an ABS or not? The Op says no ABS for India and later mentions me light weight ABS.

Cheers
Old 6th April 2013, 11:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

How much was the booking amount? How much would it cost? I have been hearing figures as high as 4L OTR Pune/Bangalore.

And hope your wait ends soon :-)
Thanks Sheel! I have paid 40K for booking at Pro Biking Chandigarh. the bike would cost any where between 3.7L to 3.9L on road in Chandigarh.

Last edited by manson : 6th April 2013 at 13:57.
Old 6th April 2013, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the booking Sameer. The 300 is the right way to progressing to higher capacity bikes. I myself progressed from a 180 Plusar to a 250 Comet and finally after years of riding to the Ninja 650.

Looking forward to a full review when you get the delivery.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 11:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good choice mate, and happy biking.
There is no comparison between the Ninja 250/300 and the other 250 namely Comet and the CBR. There is a reason why the Ninja is chosen repeatedly as the best 250 bike in a lot of countries. No other bike gives out this much class leading bhp from a quarter liter engine.
CBR 250 is an excellent effort, especially from a single cylinder bike and kudos to Honda to have launched it here at an affordable price. However performance wise the Ninja blows it away, the CBR may be a more comfortable tourer, but if you need a small sports bike, there is no alternative to the Ninja.
I have not even spoken about the Comet, simply because it is too little too late in their case, extracting 27 odd bhp from a V twin is not great in this day and age especially when Bajaj gives out 25bhp from a 200cc.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 12:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Congrats Sameer! Love the research you have done into this totally drool worthy bike. Hope to remain hooked to this thread, and hope you kep updating regularly with lods of pictures and tech info.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 12:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Does the bike get an ABS or not? The Op says no ABS for India and later mentions me light weight ABS.

Cheers
No ABS in India.

Congrats Sameer on booking the bike! I'm going to the showroom today, might come back with a lighter wallet..
Old 8th April 2013, 10:35   #9
BHPian

Ninja has reached the showrooms (Pune) but checked up again in the morning they do not have the rates. Will be disclosed only on 10th.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-kawasakininja300india.jpg  

sameer kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:45   #10
BHPian

Have started collecting the accessories already. Got myself a Ninja 3G studds helmet and a pair of probiking gloves. Also got my paddock stand.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130415_203511.jpg  

Last edited by sameer kumar : 16th April 2013 at 06:07.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 08:49   #11
BHPian

Some facts and literature collected through the net.

As a Japanese OEM, Kawasaki has never been one to be shy. The company has a long history of groundbreaking motorcycles that not only set new standards for performance, but are also remembered for their audacity. Many of these bikes basically threw convention out the window, and made their own rules when it came to class warfare. The H1 500 and H2 750 three-cylinder two-strokes, the original 1972 Z1, the turbocharged Z1R TC of 1978 and 1983 GPz750 Turbo, the 1984 Ninja 900 and 600R of 1985…the list goes on.

Kawasaki has been continuing that maverick streak lately, with the ZX-14R laying waste to the competition last year by dint of an 89cc increase in displacement. And that philosophy continues for 2013, with both the Ninja 250R and ZX-6R receiving boosts in engine size. While the ZX-6R makes a return to the 636cc displacement popularized by the 2003-2006 models.

The Ninja 300 engine gets its 47cc displacement increase via a whopping 7.8mm stroke increase, with the two 62mm pistons now traveling a distance of 49.0mm inside the new aluminum open-deck cylinder bores that not only weigh 800 grams less, but also dissipate heat better than the old steel liners. Those pistons are 7.5mm shorter with revised hard-anodized crowns that lower the compression ratio from 11.6:1 to 10.6:1 (allowing the use of regular grade 87-octane fuel) while also weighing 3.4 grams less than the 250’s 121.6-gram slugs, reducing reciprocating loads enough to permit the retention of the 250’s 13,000 rpm rev limit. Also contributing here are 5mm-shorter piston pins that cut another 4 grams from the reciprocating weight.The connecting rods are shorter by 2.8mm to maintain a mechanical advantage with the crankshaft’s longer stroke, with thicker ends for greater strength while still weighing the same as the previous rods. The crankcases have new oil passages, with a larger-volume oil pan (2.4L capacity instead of the 250R’s 1.7L) utilizing internal cooling fins to help dissipate heat; the pan not only has nearly half-inch better ground clearance than the previous unit, both the oil drain plug and new spin-on oil filter are accessible without removing any bodywork.

Spent gases are handled by a new single-muffler exhaust (versus the 250R’s dual muffler system) that utilizes tapered header pipes — expanding from 25.4mm at the exhaust port to 28mm just before the cross-over pipe — to improve midrange torque. The headers curve outward from each other to enable a longer center section (containing the single catalyzer versus the previous dual catalyzers, made possible by the EFI) for proper exhaust tuning. Toning the noise down is a trapezoidal cross-section muffler that offers adequate silencer volume without compromising ground clearance.

The transmission features an F.C.C. clutch (an OEM Japanese supplier that has been involved in Grand Prix racing) that has both slipper and power assist functions via different engagement cams. While the slipper clutch function helps with avoiding wheel lockup while downshifting, the unique power assist setup offers multiple benefits. Clutch pull effort is lighter due to the reduction in spring pressure needed (including using fewer springs), since the power assist cam actually forces the plates together under power; this also enables the clutch to handle more torque. The transmission gearsets have been beefed up, with the primary reduction gear widened from 10mm to 12mm thick, and the 6th gear gearwheels made from a stronger alloy.That strengthening has been applied to the Ninja steel semi-backbone frame as well. High-tensile steel tubing said to be 150 percent stronger is used in its construction, with the layout of the main tubes wider with additional gusseting added in critical areas for increased rigidity. Because the frame is more rigid, it allowed Kawasaki engineers to isolate the engine in rubber mounts, significantly reducing the amount of vibration fed back into the chassis (and eventually back to the rider).

Suspension rates have been altered to work with the stiffer chassis. Interestingly, the non-adjustable fork’s compression and rebound damping have been softened, although the internal oil levels have been raised to provide progressive anti-bottoming resistance. Out back, the shock has had both compression and rebound damping stiffened up, along with a new longer (but same rate) spring that allows the preload to be both increased or reduced.

The rear wheel width has increased by 0.5 inches to accommodate a wider 140-size rear tire — bringing it on par with its Honda CBR250R competition .

It’s interesting how the Ninja 300’s bodywork gives the visual impression of a larger motorcycle than the previous 250R. More aggressive styling cues from its larger ZX-6R and ZX-10R brethren add up to a bike that has “serious sportbike” written all over it. Even the footpegs are straight off one of the larger Ninjas, replacing the previous generic rubber-topped items on the 250R. There’s even a storage compartment in the tail section, something nearly all full-size sportbikes used to have in the past.

That impression of size disappears once you swing a leg over the Ninja 300, however. Although the listed seat height is 30.9 inches (almost half an inch more than the 250R), it actually feels lower. This is attributable to the new reshaped seat that is substantially narrower in the front, making it easier for shorter riders to get both feet on the ground. Spec-chart mavens may point at the Kawasaki’s 379-pound listed curb weight (some 24 pounds heavier than the Honda), but you don’t notice that extra heft; the Ninja 300 feels small, light, and easy to handle. Another nod to smaller riders is a doglegged clutch lever to make it easier to actuate for those with smaller hands. Overall ergos are basically the same as the 250R, which is to say a nice compromise between all-day standard and sporty tuck.The additional power pulses of the twin-cylinder engine make it difficult to stall the Kawasaki, and the new clutch is so effortless that you could do it with one finger.

One of the 250R’s drawbacks was that you had to spool the engine up before you got any decent steam. This is where the Honda CBR had a clear advantage, as its single-cylinder emphasis on low-end and midrange allowed it to get the jump off the line and in low-rpm situations. The 300’s powerband fills in a good deal of the 250R’s low-end void, giving it enough oomph to likely keep pace with the Honda until about 6000 rpm, where the new Kawasaki will start rapidly disappearing into the distance. The Ninja 300 simply has power everywhere over the 250R, but it’s especially noticeable in the midrange and top end.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-146130111o_2013kawasakininja300_tailsection.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-146130113o_2013kawasakininja300_tailsectioncompartment.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-146130110o_2013kawasakininja300_saddle.jpg  

Old 11th June 2013, 09:46   #12
BHPian

some cosmetic changes with rim strips and tank pad cover
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130609_071726.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130611_093549.jpg  

Old 11th June 2013, 14:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
some cosmetic changes with rim strips and tank pad cover
Congrats on the bike Sameer. Please keep this updated on your experience riding and owning it.
My brother had a chance to ride his friend's 300 for a decent amount of time and tells me that it is a improved bike all through the rev range when compared to the N250r and feels even more taut and planted on the road.
Apart from the price, this seems a complete package in every respect.

On a side note, please get yourself some decent gear. And replace that studd helmet with a better one if you will.

Cheers!
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 16:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post

On a side note, please get yourself some decent gear. And replace that studd helmet with a better one if you will.

Cheers!
You bet Niranjan the helmet was a distress buy because the place where i am nothing is available. Am waiting for a trip to Delhi to pick up a helmet. Ordering on line i am not comfortable for a helmet as i would need to wear it to see how comfortable it is. In the mean while my O'neill boots are on the way from the US. Got my clutch levers today from Singapore had ordered them on eBay for Rs 1750/- should be installing it later today.
You are absolutely right about the ride quality , the bike remains planted on the road at all speeds and gives you a sense of confidence on our roads. The suspension is great and it absorbs all the flaws of the road comfortably.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130611_142414.jpg  

sameer kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 09:06   #15
BHPian

Well changing the clutch and brake levers was a breeze took me precisely 10 min to do the job.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-dsc02119.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-dsc02120.jpg  

Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-20130612_093150.jpg  

Last edited by sameer kumar : 12th June 2013 at 09:34.
sameer kumar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks