Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 12:36   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorbikes Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Having completed 450 Kms now I am totally comfortable with my machine. It is performing beautifully. One thing which I wanted to add here again is that the gear ratios are so beautifully engineered that the vehicle has absolutely no problem in bumper to bumper traffic. The lower end torque is ample and it does not miss even a beat doing 20- 30Kmph in 3rd gear.
Another plus are the headlights the low beam is beautiful and the high beam is heaven. It lights up the road for quiet a long distance.
The engine does heat up if driven for a prolonged period in low gear but the fins direct the heat away from the legs and there is hardly any discomfort.
A clever piece of engineering is the grab rail or to say the grab recess on the bike. This again has been carved out below the pillion seat and there is no foreign body protruding at the rear end acting as a grab rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 300: Ninjette Calling-t2ec16hhjiqe9quhu0nkbrsqt45bzq60_35.jpg  

sameer kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 11:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, I would love to see photos of your low and high beams on a dark patch bro. Please take photos whenever possible and put them up here.

There are quite a few manufacturers who forget that how fast a bike can go at night is only as far as the rider's eye can see.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 10:21   #19
BHPian

Congrats Sameer!
Great buy. Glued to this thread to see how awesome this baby obviously is.
Funny thing about the Baby Ninjas though. No matter what non-owners say about the pricing on these bikes, the owners all seem to agree that it is "worth every penny".
Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles man! Enjoy!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Funny thing about the Baby Ninjas though. No matter what non-owners say about the pricing on these bikes, the owners all seem to agree that it is "worth every penny".
The way I see it, the difficult bit is to initially wrap your head around paying 4 lacs for a 300 cc bike for the first time. Once you've debated it internally and thrashed it out and taken the decision and put the cash down, you are then relatively at peace with yourself. Unless something as good comes out soon afterwards at a significantly cheaper price.
Old 14th June 2013, 11:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice stuff Sameer! Keep up with the updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Unless something as good comes out soon afterwards at a significantly cheaper price.
Doc - do I smell Orange here??
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 11:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Doc - do I smell Orange here??
Shubz, I have been orange for some time now.

Or do you mean white?
Old 14th June 2013, 12:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The way I see it, the difficult bit is to initially wrap your head around paying 4 lacs for a 300 cc bike for the first time. Once you've debated it internally and thrashed it out and taken the decision and put the cash down, you are then relatively at peace with yourself. Unless something as good comes out soon afterwards at a significantly cheaper price.
I am in 100% agreement with you. The best part about the bike in question is that it is unlikely that a serious competitor is around the corner in this category. People are talking about the Duke 390 in a lot of forums but then that bike is in a different league all together. I guess that budget constraints should not be a criteria for judging a bikes performance and capabilities. And yes one is at eternal bliss after owning this beauty.
sameer kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 08:49   #24
BHPian

Having run my bike now for 600kms now I checked and double checked he mileage returned twice . I got an average around 30-32 Kpl both the times. This is when I have been riding with the rpm restriction. The best part is the 'ECO' icon which lights up on the instrument cluster when the bike is being driven optimally.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Having run my bike now for 600kms now I checked and double checked he mileage returned twice . I got an average around 30-32 Kpl both the times. This is when I have been riding with the rpm restriction.
That is some stunning mileage! I am assuming it is a mix of low rpm running + empty roads? I never get more than 20-21kmpl on my n250.
But then, do pin down your thoughts on how the bike feels after the run-in is complete. A true ninja wakes up and goes wild at 9k rpm
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
That is some stunning mileage! I am assuming it is a mix of low rpm running + empty roads? I never get more than 20-21kmpl on my n250.
But then, do pin down your thoughts on how the bike feels after the run-in is complete. A true ninja wakes up and goes wild at 9k rpm
Exactly my thoughts. These figures are for academic/historic purposes at best. And most of us would be VERY disappointed if Sameer ever sees that ECO light again post run-in.

Niranjan, you have the old 250 right? You say she wakes up post 9K rpm - till what rpm can you pull her and how quickly/easily does she get there?

What is the top end you have seen on your 250?
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. These figures are for academic/historic purposes at best. And most of us would be VERY disappointed if Sameer ever sees that ECO light again post run-in.
Yes I agree with you on the disappointment aspect. Well will wait for the run in to be complete. Actually with the newer engine the efficiency of the 300 has actually increased over the 250. And yes my input was for the benefit of the forum and the " KITNA DETI HAI" enquirers.
sameer kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Niranjan, you have the old 250 right? You say she wakes up post 9K rpm - till what rpm can you pull her and how quickly/easily does she get there?

What is the top end you have seen on your 250?
Doc, my n250 runs to just above 14k rpm very, very quickly. In fact, the engine feels way happier at 13k rpm then 3k. You can keep her boiling at 9-14k rpm all day if you have the road to. The 'tug' once you hit 8-9k is something else - not that it's slow till there but once you get there,everything else is just a blip in the mirror (not counting the 600s and above ofcourse)

I will pm you the top end
niranjanrvce is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 07:03   #29
BHPian

Two aspects which could have been incorporated in the bike as per my opinion could have been
1. When the high beam is on the pass light switch does not work this requires the rider to use the main switch for the dipper function.
2. As per the EU law all bikes should have day time running lights as they are more visible on the highways. Some kind of LED lights could have been used in the main console for day time running rather than the low beam being on constantly.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:10   #30
BHPian

Kudos man for going with the Ninja 300.

It takes some guts to go ahead with the 300 with the current price tag. ( totally worth it, in my opinion.)

It is a very impressive machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks