Old 21st January 2014, 12:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Pictures: India Bike Week 2014

This is as good as anything in the west
Amazing pics, thank you
Old 21st January 2014, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Even seeing these pics here pumped up my adrenaline. I wonder how great it would have been for you to be present there!

The only time I saw so many Harleys together was outside a Harley accessories shop besides 24 hour fitness in Las Vegas. I remember being spellbound for quite a while.

Thank you for sharing these pics.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:05   #19
BHPian

Very well captured Parrys and it was a nice short meet we had. Wish I could have spent more time with you, but was just too tired. Will catch up sometime.

Thanks for those detailed pictures.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:43   #20
BHPian

saw many riders reaching Goa on my return drive from goa and the best was while crossing Belgaum town around 4.30pm the whole traffic was stopped on one side and some 60-80 harleys rumbling down the town was kickass i badly wanted to abandon my scorpio and hitch hike with any of those bikers. Pure Music to ears.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and thanks for sharing. I somehow keep staying away because of the Harley tag attached to it. But maybe next year, I'll go and get my bike washed there
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:26   #22
BHPian

Great drool worthy snaps especially for those like me who couldn't attend.The organizers must be commended for having make this concept work in India even though its their second year.Agreed the spotlight was on the Hogs but it was good platform for bikers of all kinds to share their love of bikes.Its a welcome change from the 'only bullets 'Rider manias held each year.Just hope they don't organize their next event at the same time as BOBMC organized Rider mania next year
thanks once again for the snaps
Old 21st January 2014, 18:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Note that it says 'button gear shifter' near the rear wheel. Seems to be a DIY project of using a servo motor to sequentially shift gears. I wonder how consistently it works, especially since it is on a Bullet (with their notorious gearboxes)!!
Rehaan, this bike and many other custom bikes were also showcased at the 2013 RERM. Specific to this particular button shifter the exhibitor was showcasing this during the RERM. It atleast worked during the demo he gave breifly then. can't comment on reliability though. I think one botton each for upshift and downshift on left and right side handle grip. Also the bike has two wheels closely placed at rear with chain running in between the two wheels.
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 19:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
This one gathered quite some eyeballs. Look at the rear tyre!
Attachment 1193642

The view from the other side. Mechanicals aside, looked pretty bad-ass.
Attachment 1193643
Now this is an emotional moment! Excuse me if I am bragging. The bike shown here is a realization of a custom chopper design i did some years ago. The design concept was called the Fantom made on the Royal Enfield UCE Platform. Another build based on the Fantom was a contender of the Indian Biker Build off at the first IBW. It was then made by Dream Rider motorcycles, Delhi. This is another build done by/for an individual. So in short this is the second time the spirit of Fantom makes it to IBW. I cant really express the feeling I am having on seeing the picture of the bike here and the good words written along with it. Thanks a lot!

Pictures: India Bike Week 2014-fantom_mray_007.jpg

Pictures: India Bike Week 2014-fantom_mray_004.jpg

The Dzine story: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/thumpers...field-uce.html

Last edited by man_of_steel : 21st January 2014 at 19:33.
man_of_steel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 22:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Rehaan, this bike and many other custom bikes were also showcased at the 2013 RERM. Specific to this particular button shifter the exhibitor was showcasing this during the RERM. It atleast worked during the demo he gave breifly then. can't comment on reliability though. I think one botton each for upshift and downshift on left and right side handle grip. Also the bike has two wheels closely placed at rear with chain running in between the two wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Note that it says 'button gear shifter' near the rear wheel. Seems to be a DIY project of using a servo motor to sequentially shift gears. I wonder how consistently it works, especially since it is on a Bullet (with their notorious gearboxes)!!
Yep, what VTEC guy said is correct. I am somewhat familiar with the bike as it was modified by an acquaintance's acquaintance here in Borivali, Mumbai and her name is Flying Angel. From what little information I have regarding the bike is that the clutch is required only in the first gear while starting off and all the later gearshifts are servo-operated. This bike has been generating quite an amount of interest in the suburbs after IBW and is supposedly on display at Phoenix Market City Kurla for the week.

Also, here's a bad-a$$ photo on RE's Facebook page, from Rider Mania 2013, Goa. I think it won the most popular custom prize there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Pictures: India Bike Week 2014-1483861_655856807790404_1015609176_o.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2014 at 17:17. Reason: Inserting picture here itself...
sidparekh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 23:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
saw many riders reaching Goa on my return drive from goa and the best was while crossing Belgaum town around 4.30pm the whole traffic was stopped on one side and some 60-80 harleys rumbling down the town was kickass
That was Riders Republic from Bangalore with their 80+ Harleys.

Looks like there were a few BHPians at IBW. Next year we should have a BHPian Breakfast meet or something.
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

India Bike Week - AKA consortium of "SQUIDS"

Even the stunter folks do not have riding gear on. What sort of responsibility is on display by the event organizers?

Seriously - No one died / got mangled?
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the lovely photographs Parrys You rode on your Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Really good show, apart from those morons without helmets. I so wish the organizers hadn't let them ride in. Maybe they don't deserve to have a lidless photo on team-bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
It looks more like a poser fest rather than something for the real bikers would care. Proof: The so called biker's arriving in the venue sans any riding gear. Forget riding gear, they aren't even wearing helmets! wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Even the stunter folks do not have riding gear on. What sort of responsibility is on display by the event organizers?

Seriously - No one died / got mangled?
Being a biker, given a choice, would you ride here (in this mela) or go on a trip? I believe, choice is obvious & it is all about priorities.

I thought I was missing the fun, till I read the comments from the first IBW organized and about the lesser bikers (with less cubic capacity) being unfairly treated.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks for the lovely photographs Parrys You rode on your Yamaha?
Nope, Team-BHP was invited for the event and I was present to officially cover it.
I was planning to ride, but then a two day event running from morning to night would have been quite demanding after a ~600 km ride.

Quote:
I thought I was missing the fun, till I read the comments from the first IBW organized and about the lesser bikers (with less cubic capacity) being unfairly treated.
Not really, any one could buy a tag for their motorcycle to enter the actual IBW parking lot. May be BHPian aviorp can share details about this.

And for those who did not buy the tag, there was ample parking space outside.

Last edited by parrys : 22nd January 2014 at 10:42.
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:49   #30
BHPian

That is a stunning report of the event. I love the fact that you have covered it in such detail. Every stall and the things on sale have been captured in pictures and captioned. Thank you for the report.

Ans i agree with others here, riding gear is conspicuis in its absencce. The organizers should have made it mandatory. If someone got seriously injured, or god forbid passed away, the future of IBW would be in jeapordy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks