Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 16:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Zenx, you bringer of bad news you!!!

If what you say is right, then maybe the dealer brought the bike down and slapped on that ARAI sticker to allow him to get away with riding it in town till he finds a buyer. This way he doesn't pay for registration till he has a confirmed buyer I guess!
Old 30th June 2006, 17:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

i'm just the messenger and equally discouraged by the news. Yes what you said sounds like a brilliant misuse of the ARAI tag.
Old 30th June 2006, 17:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

damn it!! how many more years?
these manaacturers can i tell you give all the hollywood/bollywood/tollywood/zollywood stars a run for their money when it comes to being a TEASE!!

manson.
Old 30th June 2006, 18:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Keep the faith manson. This is the year...
Old 30th June 2006, 18:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Keep the faith manson. This is the year...
PLEASE COMPLETE THE SENTENCE.
Our indian manafacturers would just complete it by "This is the year when they launch even more mopeds, maybe even fuel injected ones"

manson.

Last edited by manson : 30th June 2006 at 18:13.
Old 30th June 2006, 19:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
PLEASE COMPLETE THE SENTENCE.
Our indian manafacturers would just complete it by "This is the year when they launch even more mopeds, maybe even fuel injected ones"

manson.
Your wish has come true HH has allready launched an fuel injected moped.
Old 30th June 2006, 20:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithdr
Your wish has come true HH has allready launched an fuel injected moped.

Look, enjoy your superbikes, but stop putting down the bikes that are presently sold here.

125's and 150's may only have a fraction of the power of the superbikes we discuss about, but people still do gain enjoyment from them.

Fun can often be relative. So leave the ones who can afford only small bikes to enjoy them, without putting the bikes down openly.

Often , inside the city, the speeds one can do are low, and the enjoyment one can gain from these 'small' bikes is still a lot.

I hope my poitn came across proper. I didnt mean to offend anyone, I just dont want anyone to be offended by your comments, thats all.

Last edited by islero : 30th June 2006 at 20:46.
Old 30th June 2006, 20:45   #23
BHPian

It is very possible that the ARAI sticker might be misused here, but SUzuki had announced sometime back that their "Big bikes" are with ARAI for testing. And that sells me.

The hype that you talk about, as a publicity gimmick, that would've come if they would have launched the pic somehwere. This has just been snapped by a curious biker.

And there's a lot more details coming up.
Old 1st July 2006, 17:03   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Look, enjoy your superbikes, but stop putting down the bikes that are presently sold here.

125's and 150's may only have a fraction of the power of the superbikes we discuss about, but people still do gain enjoyment from them.

sure they do, so have i in the past from a rx 135, point we're trying to stress on is we have enough of the 100, 125, 150 cc bikes around here, so how about putting in that extra r&d effort in something different for a change.

Quote:
Fun can often be relative. So leave the ones who can afford only small bikes to enjoy them, without putting the bikes down openly.
i associate myself with "feeling fast" than "being fast", cos "being fast" is sought for "feeling fast", hence i am extremely familiar with fun/speed being relative. i don't think anyone here is putting down any bike here, we're just calling it names as we have got an overdose of these. bikes like splendour, boxer, passion, caliber have been success stories for their respective manafacturers, only a fool would try to put them down.its normal to get annoyed when you get too much of anything. i'm certain we would get sick of superbikes if they were the only kind of bieks we had here, and we would look up to any company for bringing in a bike with 50 kmpl !!

Quote:
Often , inside the city, the speeds one can do are low, and the enjoyment one can gain from these 'small' bikes is still a lot.
agree with you again, but some people need to feel slightly faster than what they have experienced over the last decade and more. riding a supercar/bike is not really about what speeds you do, its more about how to get to that speed, even riding at 40-50 kmph on one of these bikes can be thrilling.

Quote:
I hope my poitn came across proper. I didnt mean to offend anyone, I just dont want anyone to be offended by your comments, thats all.
ditto

manson.

Last edited by manson : 1st July 2006 at 17:15.
Old 1st July 2006, 20:08   #25
BHPian

Has Suzuki truly arrived?
No.

It won't be arriving for another 2 years atleast. There are no plans from suzuki's side to sell bikes in the 200+cc range until 2009. They will evaluate the sales from the 125cc bike segment for another 1 year and then decide whether to move up. That will take another year atleast. Maybe more.
Old 1st July 2006, 20:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
its normal to get annoyed when you get too much of anything. i'm certain we would get sick of superbikes if they were the only kind of bieks we had here, and we would look up to any company for bringing in a bike with 50 kmpl !!

manson.
Nice point, and a very unique picture.
Old 2nd July 2006, 13:39   #27
BHPian

this is the best thing heard for quite a while now...hope its true....
Old 4th July 2006, 17:56   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Zenx, you bringer of bad news you!!!

If what you say is right, then maybe the dealer brought the bike down and slapped on that ARAI sticker to allow him to get away with riding it in town till he finds a buyer. This way he doesn't pay for registration till he has a confirmed buyer I guess!
maybe you are right. look at this link the same bike is standing here too. it must be a dealer bike not suzuki company bike for arai

http://www.bikersunite.com/forum/for...=14&PN=1&TPN=1
Old 4th July 2006, 19:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well Dreambikes were the people who provided SBKs for Dhoom & if you noticed they were all Suzukis, So I would not be surprised if Suzuki appoints them as their official Dealer for Suzuki Imports\SBK CBUs in India.

So Suzuki might have provided this bike to ARAI through DB.

I just wish these hot wheels land here soon
Old 5th July 2006, 15:43   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramahuja
maybe you are right. look at this link the same bike is standing here too. it must be a dealer bike not suzuki company bike for arai

http://www.bikersunite.com/forum/for...=14&PN=1&TPN=1
does not have the ARAI sticker in this snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Well Dreambikes were the people who provided SBKs for Dhoom & if you noticed they were all Suzukis, So I would not be surprised if Suzuki appoints them as their official Dealer for Suzuki Imports\SBK CBUs in India.

So Suzuki might have provided this bike to ARAI through DB.
and if it is the same bike, and dreambike is working closely with suzuki, what the hell is the fireblade parked next to the gixxer for?

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks