Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Yamaha @ Auto Expo 2014

Can't wait for it to hit India. If the price OTR Bangalore is approx 3 lakhs, would definitely have a buyer in me. Bring it, YAMAHA!
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:58   #17
BHPian

Re: Yamaha @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
I've owned 4 bikes till date, all black. But this black with red decals looks horrible, at least to me.
Actually I loved the black R25. I went WOW, on seeing the black color, just like I went WOW on seeing the red R15(version one). I did not like the other 2 color schemes of R25.

We may have to wait until V2 of R25 for more color schemes. (Why God why!! )

I might buy this, although I should be spending this amount of money for a car. You only live once.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Yamaha R25 launched in Indonesia. EDIT: Launch imminent in India!

Yamaha has imported one R25 to India for 'R&D Purposes' for 2.16L INR.

Quote:
It is being expected that the Yamaha YZF R25 India launch would happen towards the end of this year. However, it has recently emerged that Yamaha India has imported an unknown 250cc motorcycle into the country for “Research and Development” purposes. There are very good chances that the imported bike is none other than the new Yamaha YZF R25, which has been unveiled in Indonesia recently. The 250cc Yamaha Motorcycle that has been imported into India has a declared value of INR 2,16,099. While the Yamaha has unveiled only one unit of this motorcycle to our country, this figure does give us a rough idea of what the Yamaha YZF R25 price in India could be like.
Source: One Yamaha R25 Imported for 2.16L!
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Would have been an icing on the cake if it had Bi-xenons with projector headlights.
Old 23rd May 2014, 00:56   #20
BHPian

I must admit this doesn't look half as good as the R15 v2. Looks are subjective though.

Yamaha bikes' legendary handling capabilities coupled with more Power and Torque to enjoy? Match made in heaven.

Pricing is the key here, get it right Yamaha!
Old 21st August 2014, 22:53   #21
e46
BHPian

We have a new commercial ad for this baby, and it looks smashing I would say.

link:

Info sourced from Motoroids.com

Abhishek
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya,
Confident this bike will be one howler on the tracks. Coming from the stables of Yamaha who are known for their handling & excellent mid-range prowess, they will take the fight to Ninja 300.

Comparing against the KTM 390 is not necessary considering that it is a single cylinder. But knowing the market's mentality it all boils down to Rupee Game.
Inevitably people will compare it against the KTM 390 & Honda CBR 250.

Best Bang Per Buck

Ermm...I dont understand. Why cant the R25 be compared with the 390 ?

And so what if it is a single ? They can defenitely be compared especially when the single is more powerful and lighter than the twin. Is top speed the only relevant factor to compare 2 bikes ?

I believe top speed is pretty much a pointless comparison, either on the road or on the race-track as no one spends any significant time doing it. Bragging rights probably ? Having said that there are some UK magazines comparing the duke 390 to the cbr 500, ninja 300 etc... What do you think about that ?
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

You compare what you have. Simple.

Today if like the developed world, we had established classes of bikes, with 3-4 options in each, it would be easy to pigeon hole.

As things stand for us there is only one class - motorcycle.

More often than not, we tend to compare bikes in the same price bracket.

And from there into performance sub-brackets.

Where like it or not, bikes get pigeon holed according to the top whack they can acieve.

Because even if most riders are not going to spend any lengh of time at the top limit, the limit per se is more important than just bragging rights.

It tells you what the engine is capable of, and more often than not, the one with the higher limit, is also going to be no slouch getting there. With equiment to match.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
You compare what you have. Simple.

Today if like the developed world, we had established classes of bikes, with 3-4 options in each, it would be easy to pigeon hole .................................................. .....
Sadly that is true, in our country atleast. The general consensus is performance = Top speed. Things like braking, handling and stability take a back seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
It tells you what the engine is capable of, and more often than not, the one with the higher limit, is also going to be no slouch getting there. With equiment to match.
That might not be true in this case. I see right-side up forks with what looks like a 2 pot (or 3?) non radial caliper. But then I dont think it can be compared to the duke as it is a single

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 22nd August 2014 at 14:14.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Sadly that is true, in our country atleast. The general consensus is performance = Top speed. Things like braking, handling and stability take a back seat.
But equally, all of that does not negate the pre-eminence of top end in a bike. All at the minimum being from the same generation. And within the same price point. Lifestyle bikers obviously not counted ......

Most commuter types firs question will be "kitna deti hai."

Most bikers first question will be "kitna karti hai."

After that comes everything else ......

Quote:
That might not be true in this case. I see right-side up forks
I used to also salivate at the Duke's USD forks. Till the stories of the seal failures started coming in. And it happened to me as well.

When I learne the single big advantage of a Ceriani type "traditional" fork over an USD one ..... when a seal goes, you still have all the oil still within the fork leg. For quite some time. Not dumped on to the ground overnight, leaving the fork dry - as in an USD.

So like always, as most Bullet riders, I prefer to look at a art or a combination of all to make the whole, in terms of what it can do and what it does. Not what it signifies in the never ending technology evolutionary scale.

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd August 2014 at 14:29.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:47   #26
BHPian

The PowerDrift 'first impression' is up!

Can't wait for the full length review!
Old 8th September 2014, 19:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Power delivery picks up post 7000 rpm? Not sure how that will suit to our conditions!
Old 8th September 2014, 22:37   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Power delivery picks up post 7000 rpm? Not sure how that will suit to our conditions!
The way we rode the R15. I loved it (Can't hide the wide grin plastered across my face whenever I recall the experience)
Old 10th September 2014, 14:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The way we rode the R15.
Forget the R15, even the humble gladiator needed its neck to be wrung to show its true colours.
Old 10th September 2014, 23:57   #30
BHPian

Now this is the bike they should have introduced in 2008-9 when they brought the R-15 - I'd have bought one. It might disappoint those who expected a bigger R-15, but this is more of a CBR250 rival with a similar thinner frame rather than thick perimeter one like the R-15, but with racier styling. Me likey.

Doesn't sound bad from the video. Maybe I can replace my 220 with this, but a year or two later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks