Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 21:13   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield Bobber Project

Howd,

After following this forum for so many years and having followed many personal projects, I finally have a project of my own that I would like to share. I am a big fan of custom bikes, have marvelled at all the creations from Shinya Kimura zero engineering bikes to Rajputana customs. All beautiful bikes with personalities!

Here is my attempt.

Its based on a 500cc classic, custom 1" bars, springer front end, harley peanut tank, custom forward controls. I am almost 90% complete with the build. My apologies for not maintaining a regular update blogs but hopefully after seeing the project i would get more feedback for improvements. The project is based in chennai.

so here it is:
Royal Enfield Bobber Project-indori.jpg

enjoy!

cheers
Krish

Note from Mod: Please see post #2 in this thread for how to correctly insert images into your post - Link

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2014 at 17:03. Reason: Please see the note at the end of your post.
krcustoms is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th July 2014, 23:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bobber Project

Looks great already, can't wait to see the finished product!!!
So what size are the wheels and tyres?
Old 20th July 2014, 00:02   #3
BHPian

Tires are Avon MKII 16" both front and back.
Old 20th July 2014, 19:06   #4
BHPian

The motorcycle is looking great especially the front spring ends and the tires. It also gives the illusion of a larger capacity engine. Why is Royal Enfield not thinking of something like this ?
regards adrian
Old 20th July 2014, 20:42   #5
BHPian

Yes the fat Avon tires do give a nice appearance, actually even the drive is different. Very stable and solid on the highway! one thing I wanted to make sure was that it drives as good as it looks. Didn't want a beauty which handles like a brick

I am looking for a good paint shop in Chennai, if anybody has any suggestions that would be great. The project started more then a year ago hoping to finish it soon.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2014 at 17:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 21st July 2014, 01:24   #6
BHPian

Amazing work,The bike looks very very different and is surely going to be a head turner.
Which colour are you planning for the bike?

-KN
Old 21st July 2014, 13:52   #7
BHPian

that is the big question now " which color?"... i love the zero style paint job. see the attached image. so it will be something in those lines i suppose.
Royal Enfield Bobber Project-fender-tank.jpg

thanks KN for the kind words. yes its lot of effort and energy but hopefully the final outcome would be worth it.

i am also looking to collaborate with fellow builders in and around Chennai. would love to share the details of my experience and also possibly help others with there build!

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2014 at 17:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
krcustoms is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
that is the big question now " which color?"... i love the zero style paint job. see the attached image. so it will be something in those lines i suppose.
Attachment 1264263

thanks KN for the kind words. yes its lot of effort and energy but hopefully the final outcome would be worth it.

i am also looking to collaborate with fellow builders in and around Chennai. would love to share the details of my experience and also possibly help others with there build!
the paint job done here looks great,question is are there people here who can do this paint job?
Cant wait to see your end product
-KN
Old 26th July 2014, 10:26   #9
BHPian

wow this bobber is absolutely gorgeous, even the unpainted rust look would make heads turn! thanks for the info on tyres, need to get mine replaced and was thinking of putting on these bobber style ones!
zee_bat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 13:08   #10
the-mechanic

Quote:
Tires are Avon MKII 16" both front and back.

Hey! Where did you source the springer forks from? Have been looking for one for a project since long!

Old 26th July 2014, 22:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
wow this bobber is absolutely gorgeous, even the unpainted rust look would make heads turn! thanks for the info on tyres, need to get mine replaced and was thinking of putting on these bobber style ones!
zee_bat, thanks! yes i am really pleased with the why its come out. i am a big fan of rust color! so might experiment with just a raw look. lets see.

Springer is from Nino Custom cycles. you can look him up on Facebook. couple of suggestions about Springer. they have to be setup perfectly otherwise you will sacrifice on drive quality. i would also suggest that you send your neck stem to the springer maker. (assuming you are using a stock Royal Enfield as a Donor bike). This will make sure that you have the perfect fit. i had to send mine couple of times for fitment.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th July 2014 at 08:03.
krcustoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 23:31   #12
the-mechanic

Quote:
Springer is from Nino Custom cycles. you can look him up on Facebook. couple of suggestions about Springer. they have to be setup perfectly otherwise you will sacrifice on drive quality. i would also suggest that you send your neck stem to the springer maker. (assuming you are using a stock Royal Enfield as a Donor bike). This will make sure that you have the perfect fit. i had to send mine couple of times for fitment.
Hey, so you got them from Rohan Nino Puri... His prices are a bit steep. I had contacted him once when I needed girder forks. But then settled with one from Delhi. How is the overall quality of the springers? Are they durable?

Old 27th July 2014, 12:10   #13
BHPian

Springer fork is of really high quality. Actually there are many companies in Delhi who make the standard sprinters. They are stock and get manufactured in large numbers hence they tend to be a bit cheap. The one I used was a custom so its a bit more pricey. Having said that its also very important to use the correct type of tire on the sprinters, not all tires will suit these types of forks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th July 2014 at 08:08. Reason: corrected ties to tires
Old 28th July 2014, 20:38   #14
BHPian

Such a pleasure to see work like this! Kudos to you for the patience and effort put in...I'm sure it'll be looker once completed. Hope you'll post pics and details once you've completed the work!
Old 29th July 2014, 01:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Such a pleasure to see work like this! Kudos to you for the patience and effort put in...I'm sure it'll be looker once completed. Hope you'll post pics and details once you've completed the work!
Thanks a lot Rideon, appreciate the kind words. Yes it was a huge learning curve and a great feeling. I am almost done with the build so will post a detailed "lessons learned" with pics soon. Stay Tuned!

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th July 2014 at 07:07. Reason: Please begin your sentences with a capital letter. Corrected your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks