Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 23:32   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Got gifted a Yamaha RD350. EDIT: Restoration completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcj3b View Post
I need to concentrate on the oilpump too, Carburetors are missing those nozzles.
You should be able to get those Oil Banjos or Nozzles from Siyal Automobiles (Gautam). They are not original but replicas which will do the job. Don't expect the quality to be similar to the Originals
Old 19th March 2015, 08:36   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
You should be able to get those Oil Banjos or Nozzles from Siyal Automobiles (Gautam). They are not original but replicas which will do the job. Don't expect the quality to be similar to the Originals
Buddy,

Can you post a pic of these oil banjos and Nozzles, I might need to get those as well, just making sure if its the same thing we both are talking about.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2015, 09:07   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Buddy,

Can you post a pic of these oil banjos and Nozzles,

Pramod
Was referring to these which are fastened onto the Carburettor.

Got gifted a Yamaha RD350. EDIT: Restoration completed-fol014.jpg
Old 19th March 2015, 09:48   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Was referring to these which are fastened onto the Carburettor.

Attachment 1351034
want those, anybody visiting Siyal anytime soon ?

Pramod
Old 19th March 2015, 10:58   #230
BHPian

Quote:
want those, anybody visiting Siyal anytime soon ?

Pramod
The theory of using and not using an Oil pump can go all my life.
But If Yamaha decides to put it there, It has a purpose.
Thats why i am trying so hard.
I know the those screws instead of Nozzles in the Carb are taking Air.
The 2T/Petrol mixture is making the carbs sticky on long hibernation in winters.
I bought the Oil Pump from USA with Spindle Oil Seal and Plastic Gear, thanks to my friends who carried it, will use clear lines but those nozzles please.
One set for Me.

Last edited by kcj3b : 19th March 2015 at 11:07.
Old 19th March 2015, 11:20   #231
BHPian

Quote:
I though so, kc3jb is on points so this setup would not work, but you can always explore other mechanical tachos from old 2 strokes. I do not have a wasted spark out in the CDI so cannot get a tacho out.

Pramod
Pramod, you can use the Pulsar 150 tacho for your points RD. Hope this thread give you the required info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1237578
Old 19th March 2015, 11:36   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcj3b View Post
The theory of using and not using an Oil pump can go all my life.
But If Yamaha decides to put it there, It has a purpose.
Thats why i am trying so hard.
I know the those screws instead of Nozzles in the Carb are taking Air.
The 2T/Petrol mixture is making the carbs sticky on long hibernation in winters.
I bought the Oil Pump from USA with Spindle Oil Seal and Plastic Gear, thanks to my friends who carried it, will use clear lines but those nozzles please.
One set for Me.
The oil pumps are prone to failures and if the pump fails, non premix petrol will cease the engine no matter how long or short you run it. Its better to have it connected and supply small amount of oil and remaining to be supplied through a premix. The 2T further leans out the mixture but the engine starts to idle better with 2t supplied to the carb, because the vacuum seal is perfect.

In other news, looks like Siyal does not have the oil banjos and the 2T nozzles, he replied to all my messages with a no when the person you talking to you has a limited vocabulary especially a single word, you know for sure he is definitely not interested to answer your question, may be he is busy so let me as here

Guys do you know if this can be used from any other bikes, maybe from the Bajaj stable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Pramod, you can use the Pulsar 150 tacho for your points RD. Hope this thread give you the required info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1237578
Thanks for the link, went through the thread, quite informative, but it will not work on points, there is separate challenge. I guess going for a mechanical tacho from the RXZ would be a good option, there are some for sale at MRP at GeeBee

Pramod
Old 19th March 2015, 11:59   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link, went through the thread, quite informative, but it will not work on points, there is separate challenge.
There is no reason why it wont work in your case. It is my DIY tacho thread, and is connected and working in my 118NE running on points. Connect it like this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1240665
Else post your concerns in connecting it to your RD points ignition system. Let us discuss and get it clarified (if at all you are interested in adapting the pulsar tacho).

Last edited by ilangop : 19th March 2015 at 12:04.
Old 19th March 2015, 12:11   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no reason why it wont work in your case. It is my DIY tacho thread, and is connected and working in my 118NE running on points. Connect it like this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1240665
Else post your concerns in connecting it to your RD points ignition system. Let us discuss and get it clarified (if at all you are interested in adapting the pulsar tacho).
I didn't read the HT coil input connection bit, It might work. Have to try and see if it does, so technically you can run a digital RPM meter as well using similar logic. I saw a question on another forum where someone was asking if he can run a FZS digital tacho to an RD on points and the answer was every one's guess, I too thought running a digital tacho would be a huge ask but the logic in the tread can work. Ignorance can never be considered as expertise.

Thanks for sharing again.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2015, 12:32   #235
BHPian

Quote:
The oil pumps are prone to failures and if the pump fails, non premix petrol will cease the engine no matter how long or short you run it. Its better to have it connected and supply small amount of oil and remaining to be supplied through a premix. The 2T further leans out the mixture but the engine starts to idle better with 2t supplied to the carb, because the vacuum seal is perfect.

In other news, looks like Siyal does not have the oil banjos and the 2T nozzles, he replied to all my messages with a no when the person you talking to you has a limited vocabulary especially a single word, you know for sure he is definitely not interested to answer your question, may be he is busy so let me as here

Guys do you know if this can be used from any other bikes, maybe from the Bajaj stable?

Thanks for the link, went through the thread, quite informative, but it will not work on points, there is separate challenge. I guess going for a mechanical tacho from the RXZ would be a good option, there are some for sale at MRP at GeeBee

Pramod
You were lucky to receive NO , none for me!
Talking to some more people, it seems the RX100 2t nozzle can be fitted there but that brass nozzle is equally rare but can be made on lathe.
The correct way to Vacuum seal than Nozzle hole is not through a screw but using a sealed Fuel Pipe.
How is your Oil View glass?
This is another problem.

Talking about RXZ meters, i think its also running an 18 inch front wheel and is 2 stroke , retro fitting will work, let me know if u buy a set , i may join in.

Last edited by kcj3b : 19th March 2015 at 12:34.
Old 19th March 2015, 13:12   #236
BHPian

Quote:
someone was asking if he can run a FZS digital tacho to an RD on points
I doubt if the FZS tacho can pickup signal from points. Because, in points setup the HT coil receives 12V always & the ground side is connected to point & capacitor, while in a CDI system the HT coil is always grounded while the high side is driven by the CDI box. The digital tacho might be compatible to run on receiving a high side pulse as in the case of a CDI system. Nevertheless with little effort you can build a Schmidt trigger circuit or use some logic gate chips to convert the -ve signal from points setup to a +ve signal for FZS tacho.
Do not try connecting the FZ tacho directly to points. The tacho might get fried and wont work again though the other features might still be functional.
Old 19th March 2015, 13:19   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not try connecting the FZ tacho directly to points. The tacho might get fried and wont work again though the other features might still be functional.
Not doing it don't worry

I am happy with the present OE setup, The pulsar setup looked nice and my RPM needle was dancing a bit hence the inclination.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2015, 14:51   #238
BHPian

OT: Just so that noone gets the wrong idea about Siyal after reading the posts above, im posting this.
In all my years of dealing with him, ive never had any issues with his behavior. His responses to my msgs have been prompt, respectful and never in monosyllables.

If he sees someone as a good customer, he will respond to him properly. If someone talks big, gives him too much gyaan or bargains really hard for the smallest of things, he will loose interest in that customer.

Please dont take this the wrong way, im not pointing fingers at you'll.

Cheers!!

EDIT: Regarding the tacho. Ive been running the pulsar tacho in a RD cup since 6-7years. it was a gift from Sunnyboi. A Good meterwala will be able to fix the dancing speedo/tacho issue. The only thing ive noticed is that it doesnt last more than 2yrs- it starts its salsa all over again!

Last edited by james : 19th March 2015 at 14:55.
Old 19th March 2015, 15:01   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Not doing it don't worry

I am happy with the present OE setup, The pulsar setup looked nice and my RPM needle was dancing a bit hence the inclination.

Pramod
Ha ha ha, RD350 are getting so rare that experimenting is not an option.
When i change any part, i keep the replaced as backup
Old 19th March 2015, 16:07   #240
Team-BHP Support

Get RX thingies and use some teflon tape to secure it if it's loose. If the pump is set up correct, you can run the bike without any hick ups or back up 2T in petrol tank. I rode the bike till the day i sold on just the pump. It is a simple mechanism so nothing much to go wrong.

Double check the pumping is equal on both outlets at the carb end (count the number of drops every 10 sec during idle and at around 2k rpm to set).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks